The memory on my Black berry storm runs out fast and its getting annoying to use quickpull to reset it. I have all the lastest updates, so I know thats not the issue. I don't think its a real issue for everyone but dear god is there a fix for this? is there anything I can do?
    09-23-09 08:15 PM
    Is there apps or an app running in the background that's eating up the memory? How many apps do you have?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 08:20 PM
    Close your apps and delete any apps you don't use any more.

09-23-09 08:25 PM
    Usually one or two...but its just annoying, I mean when I reset my memory I never get more than 27.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-23-09 at 09:04 PM. Reason: profanity
    09-23-09 08:25 PM
    Usually one or two...but its just annoying, I mean when I reset my memory I never get more than 27.
    27!?!?! and you have a storm, you must have a lot of apps on there i know the pearl for me is around 11, and my friends curve with apps usually stays around 42.
    09-23-09 08:45 PM
    Some apps are memory sink holes. I would try to narrow down if that's the issue. Also, you can use crackmem to delete useless stuff, or maxmem to get rid of things if you don't want to mess with crackmem. I've done a lot of memory optimization, weeded out an app that sucked my memory dry, and now I'm happy. Just need to spend some time upfront (I also just like to mess with stuff) and you'll be happier in the long run

09-23-09 08:45 PM
    Myspace, Facebook, Viigo, Poynt, App world, Slacker radio, Youtube,
    am I not suppose to have any? I think I am going to move to a iphone if something about the memory and the lack of (GOOD) apps doesn't change.
    09-23-09 08:54 PM
    Move to an iphone. If you want apps then there ya go.
    09-23-09 08:59 PM
    Viigo is a known memory hog.
    09-23-09 09:00 PM
    Isn't this supposed to compete with iphone?
    I like this phone...I just want more from my phone.
    I don't think thats much to ask for since it is a competitor to the iphone.
    09-23-09 09:02 PM
    Myspace, Facebook, Viigo, Poynt, App world, Slacker radio, Youtube,
    I mean wtf? am I not suppose to have any? I think I am going to move to a iphone if something about the memory and the lack of (GOOD) apps doesn't change.
    If you like a Blackberry still, Move to the Blackberry Tour. The Tour has double the App memory of the storm. I still have memory over 112 and I have more apps then I can count on the phone.

If you like the touchscreen still, just get the storm 2 then which will have the same amount of memory as the Tour
    09-23-09 09:04 PM
    It all depends on what you want in a phone. The iphone has a plethora of great looking apps that the Storm does not. Keep in mind that the Storm hasn't even been out for a year and AppWorld has only been out since like March. The iphone on the other hand has been out for like 3 years and along with it the AppStore. OF course there are more apps. The Storm 2 will have somewhere around 100-150 or so app memory which solves that dilemma, but you can't expect the Appworld to rival the AppStore since it has only been out for a few months or so.
    My GF has an iphone and personally I think it's ok but I wouldn't trade my storm for it. The Storm does so much more that the iphone can't do. The iphone is very minimalistic whereas the Storm and all BB's are very customizable there are way more things you can do with them.
    Like I said if your main point is you want cool looking apps like the Iphone and don't want to wait for the AppWorld to catch up then the Iphone is for you.
    09-23-09 09:09 PM
    Delete viigio it is the biggest memory hog there is.

09-23-09 09:11 PM
    Get a new phone is your best bet.
    09-23-09 09:18 PM
    It does compete, and if you want an iPhone then go to the iPhone. If you want an industry recognized device then stick with Blackberry.
    09-23-09 11:41 PM
    ya and pay for almost all the good ones out there
    09-23-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD