01-17-09 09:02 AM
52 123
tools
    Izzy - clear your content store using desktop manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 11:25 AM
    Content Store Contains pictures and other content stored on the device. ...
    Have you noticed the impact on your contacts?

If I understand it correctly, content store saves images. If the image has cleared, that can be attributed to content store.

Mine is 64Kb, bairly enough for show up after clearing.
    01-16-09 11:36 AM
    Mine was over 3350kb. It made a BIG difference. My contact pictures are still there.

01-16-09 11:59 AM
    Wow, over 3 Mb is huge. I wonder what is actualy in content store?
    01-16-09 12:29 PM
    I've noticed the Content Store grows as apps are installed and deleted. It's scratchpad memory for the OS, and apparently doesn't always get cleaned up, similar to the Temp folder in Wimdows.

01-16-09 12:34 PM
    I added weather bug back and I still have more memory than was normal. I am sooo glad I found the culprit.

01-16-09 12:39 PM
    Bummer. I checked, my store was around 65k is all. Sigh. I gave up, am in the process of updating the OS to .124 to see what happens. I deleted apps, cleared cache, rebooted multiple times, never came up above about 15.5MB and it was routinely above 17MB before it started acting up. Whatever crap collected in there I expect a wipe and OS install will clear it up. Drastic, I know, but I get annoyed easily at such things.
    01-16-09 02:18 PM
    Memory is the life blood of a BlackBerry.

Use Media / Explore to review your device memory. If you find images in the Picture directory, move them to the media card.

Messages with attachments can consume huge amounts of memory. If you receive a message, you can View or Download. Viewing places the attachment in memory, perhaps a couple Mb worth. Save the keepers to the media card, use Delete Prior ... to remove accumulated messages.

You have a substantial number of installed programs. Options / Status / Database sizes shows all of data used by your applications. The total size of all Databases is shown at the top, with individual databases listing both number of records and size. Excessive size may indicate an area to explore.

Thanks for the tip on Media / Explore.

Where do I look for attachments saved to memory that I have viewed? If I delete the message, does that delete everything and I don't need to worry about it afterwards?
    01-16-09 03:14 PM
    My Storm seems to always be low on memory

I Wish I Could Fix It.
    01-16-09 03:35 PM
    Well, for what it's worth the OS upgrade jumped me to 20.6MB with everything reinstalled. Whatever was eating memory, I seem to have killed it.
    01-16-09 03:37 PM
    Thanks for the tip on Media / Explore.

Where do I look for attachments saved to memory that I have viewed? If I delete the message, does that delete everything and I don't need to worry about it afterwards?
    Interesting question. I sent myself a 1 Mb JPG attachment.

After opening it for viewing, ff dropped 20 Kb. Closing it recovered 14 Kb, loosing 3 Kb along the way.

Downloading it to the media card works correctly, the full 1 Mb image is saved. Saving it from the viewer results in a 15 Kb file saved to the media card.

The Database viewer shows me Attachments Data is 15 Kb larger. Deleting the message drops it back to 0 Kb.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 01-16-09 at 03:52 PM.
    01-16-09 03:48 PM
    Glad you got your issue resolved. I've never really messed with Content Store.
    01-16-09 04:11 PM
    Glad you got your issue resolved. I've never really messed with Content Store.
    Likewise Duvi, neither have I...
    01-16-09 04:30 PM
    One more question - there is a database called RMS Database and that is the largest size in that listing. Someone said that was for game scores, but I don't know that for sure. How do you clear that one?
    01-16-09 04:30 PM
    I wondered what that was also.

01-16-09 04:40 PM
    you shouldn't be having low memory on your 8330 it has 96mb. if it is low do a battery pull while the phone is powered on. also clean up browser history / cahe / call log / hold down alt and type lg lg and clear that out. delete any old messages that you don't need to save.
    I have done that but I also have the 8130 that my wife uses.
    01-16-09 04:49 PM
    have you clean out the browser history / cahe / alt + lg lg ?
    This is on a Bold FYI..

Question regarding this EventLogger.. Under Options, tt the top of the screen it shows Filter Settings, with Show Events and Hide Events..below there is a long list of settings with small check boxes next to each one (like net.rim.recovery, net.rim.scan, alarm, clock, etc....)..

I think if you uncheck the "Show Events" box, it will still "log" the events but just wont show them?? What if you uncheck individual boxes for the items listed below. will this help save any memory? If you uncheck either all or some, will that affect any performace of the vaious unchecked items???

never mind found the answer.. if you're interested, see here:http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/exp...nt-log-136880/

Apparently NOT as this only filters the "view" of what is logged.. So... deleting the event log, as has been suggested in this thread will really only have a minimal, short term affect as your phone operations are continuoulsy logged...
    Last edited by Rockdog97; 01-16-09 at 06:02 PM.
    01-16-09 05:53 PM
    I added weather bug back and I still have more memory than was normal. I am sooo glad I found the culprit.

Glad Ya got it D, by the way, i dropped my beloved BB about 5 minutes ago and cracked the lens. SD is not happy right now. Gonna fix it though and change the color...
    01-16-09 06:07 PM
    Yay! I cleared my content store and now I'm back over 17! Thank you!

01-16-09 10:53 PM
    SD - How did you do that? What did you drop it on?

Izzy - I am so glad it worked for you too.

01-16-09 11:03 PM
    I'm going to try it on my husband's Curve when he's not looking....he's notorious for having low memory and not caring.

01-16-09 11:23 PM
    At least your husband will use one. My won't have one.

01-16-09 11:25 PM
    Izzy - clear your content store using desktop manager.

How do you clear your content using DM?

01-16-09 11:38 PM
    With your BB plugged into your pc, go to desktop manager. I went to backup and restore and did a backup to be safe. After I did the backup I stayed in backup and restore and went to advanced. I scrolled through the list of stuff showing what is on your BB. I highlighted Content Store and clicked on clear. I then unhooked my BB and did a quick pull.

01-17-09 01:22 AM
    Thanks I'll give that a try.

01-17-09 07:29 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD