hi i have a bb bold 9700 and i got a 16gb mem card from china on ebay and i think its a fake or something cos everytime i put it in it has to be formatted and when i put media to it (music i have 800 songs to transfer) it only puts on about 40 and says failed i tried using it just copy and paste ive used the disc ( media sync etc) and it always fails and says it needs formatting or repairing this happend to my 4gb mem card and my 2gb mem card (2gb came with the phone) and worked properly for a while then that started saying needs formatting. is this the phone or what ??? its stressing me out big time. please help. thanks
    04-11-10 05:36 AM
    Sorry to say it sounds like you got a bad card, i would contact ebay or the seller, i always stick with sandisk, i have and eight gb in my tour i bought of Treo Accessories - Blackberry Accessories - Blackberry Case, Blackberry Bluetooth, Blackberry Charger, Blackberry Battery, Cell Phone Accessories - Fommy.com. Never had any issues at all.
    04-11-10 05:43 AM
    cheers man mine is a sandisk tho :S im thinking it could be the phone so not sure
    04-11-10 05:54 AM
    Can you put the card in an adapter and copy files to it using your PC? If you can, that might suggest a problem with the card holder in your Bold.
    04-11-10 08:01 AM
    Can you put the card in an adapter and copy files to it using your PC? If you can, that might suggest a problem with the card holder in your Bold.
    Hi thannks for the reply I haven't got a adapter for it just the wire

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 11:41 AM
    I bought one too, 16gb from China, would not format, tried adapters no help. got it to install in phone, but when I tried to load anything it failed. I used buy it now on ebay and ebay canceled the auction, but I had already bought it, so I got the ok from paypal to send it back.
    There are a lot of sandisk clones out there. I am just going to buy one at a store, the price may be higher but at least it will work.
    Just send it back use the resolution center on ebay and tell them it is a copy not original.

also check out this other posting http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/16g...o-sdhc-421282/
    Last edited by jack57; 04-11-10 at 05:07 PM. Reason: link
    04-11-10 04:53 PM
    Sad it happened, Play.co.uk usually has very cheap, original, sdhc cards.
    Amazon.com is an option if you are not in the UK.

Now if you are here in Brasil, don't expect to find any cheap ones... ��
    04-11-10 07:40 PM
    thanks for the excellent advice that happend to the same as you on ebay it got taken off after i bought it. i have recently orderd 1 from and english website costing �42 with p&p, just hope this 1 doesnt die on me
    04-12-10 10:29 AM
    just a quick update, got a refund from paypal for the card.
    04-26-10 04:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD