oK HERES THE SKINNY,AND ITS REALLY PISSING ME OFF.I have now tried 2 memory cards (4gb) and neither one will work.phone wont reconize them and i can get them to format in my computer.The card that is in it did fine when i got it and has been working great.I just wanna go to a 4gb but I cant anything to work.

I have a BB curve from Tmobile and I have now bought 2 memory cards,one is a kingston and one is a sandisk and i know how to transfer files but the thing wont format and i dont know why.

everything else i put into that memory card reader works fine but these 2 cards

can anyone please help me?

I am so confused and angry
    04-23-08 07:27 AM
    Maybe you have a defective memory card slot on your BB. I would call customer service and see what they say.
    04-23-08 07:29 AM
    well the card i have in there now works fine.its the new ones that dont
    04-23-08 07:31 AM
    The new cards don't show up when you insert them into the BB or it wont do anything and keeps asking to format them?
    04-23-08 07:46 AM
    It dont do anything,and when i put them in the computer it dont do anything.when i go to put files on the card from my computer it says its not formatted and would i like to do it now and i say yes and then it says it cannot be formatted

so i am at a loss what to do
    04-23-08 07:48 AM
    well the card i have in there now works fine.its the new ones that dont
    Did we not have our coffee yet?

Do you have a memory card reader or access to one? If your current card is fine, maybe you bought two bad cards. I find it hard to believe, but it could happen. If your computer can't read them then I would be suspect.
    04-23-08 07:49 AM
    It dont do anything,and when i put them in the computer it dont do anything.when i go to put files on the card from my computer it says its not formatted and would i like to do it now and i say yes and then it says it cannot be formatted

so i am at a loss what to do
    Sounds like their toast
    04-23-08 07:50 AM
    When I upgraded to 2 gig cards, the driver in my SD card slot (on my PC) needed to be upgraded, because the old driver only supported up to 1 gig. Have you been able to use 4 gig cards (or larger) with your card reader/computer before?

Also, do you have the latest OS on your berry?
    04-23-08 08:00 AM
    You need a high density adapter for your pc, they are $10 at staples, office max, or best buy.
    Once you get one, format the card in your pute, then format it in your phone, then filler up..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 09:09 AM
    Thanks so much for all the help.I plugged in a usb type memory card reader like my husband had and it worked great!

Thanks for all the help you guys rock!
    04-23-08 10:47 AM
    On the phone go to Options/Media Card. If you click the menu on that screen there is an option to format the card.

What happens when you go to Options/Media Card? Do you see any info on the card? It should show Total and Free space on the card.

The card should not have to be formatted before putting it in the phone. I did not format the 2Gb card I initially had in my 8830 and I just replaced that with a 4Gb card the other day and again I did not format it before installing it and they both worked just fine.
    04-23-08 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD