I just bought a pearl today & a 1gb micro sd card to go with it. Problem is, when I put the card into the slot it says there's a problem.

"A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct, please use a disk error checking utility on a computer."

Errr, what should I do? Got any advice?
    08-09-08 03:38 PM
    you need to format the card with your pearl. go under: options/mediacard/format card
    Last edited by seipmoney; 08-09-08 at 03:41 PM.
    08-09-08 03:39 PM
    Ohhh, thank you so much!
    08-09-08 03:43 PM
    Out of the blue my daughter's pearl is giving her the same message whenever she does a battery pull- and she loses all her ringtones -wallpapers-pics etc. Anyone know the cure?? lol
    04-25-09 01:37 PM
    Not sure why it would erase that info when you pull the bat, is she saving all of that info to the card or the phone?
    04-25-09 06:55 PM
    Out of the blue my daughter's pearl is giving her the same message whenever she does a battery pull- and she loses all her ringtones -wallpapers-pics etc. Anyone know the cure?? lol
    Have her try reseating the card, that is, next time she does a pull, take the card out and reinsert it, perhaps it's just not sitting right. Also it COULD be bad or going bad. Do you have a media card reader on your PC? You might need to put the microSD card in an SD adaptor to get it in, BUT once you do you can run checkdisk on it. With the card in your card reader go to MyComputer, navigate to the card then right click and select properties, then go to the Tools tab and select error checking.
    04-25-09 07:16 PM
    I did try to reseat the card but that didn't do anything. You may be right that the card maybe going bad-- or she isn't saving the stuff to the card.
    Do I have to have the desktop manager in her os to do that disk check thingy?? I am not sure I know what to do with that. Hopefully it will become apparent when I get the chance to do it.
    Thanks for taking the time to help- it's appreciated!
    04-26-09 12:16 AM
    Do I have to have the desktop manager in her os to do that disk check thingy?? I am not sure I know what to do with that. Hopefully it will become apparent when I get the chance to do it.
    Thanks for taking the time to help- it's appreciated!
    No you don't need Desktop manager to do that. Just remove the card and follow pk's instructions. You should be set...
    04-26-09 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD