Do one or both of these things.

1. Connect your phone to your PC and enable Mass Storeage Mode. Do not run Desktop Manager
    2. Open My Computer on the PC and right mouse click the BlackBerry disk (probably E
    3. Select Properties
    4. Select Tools and then Error-Checking.
    5. Check BOTH boxes and then Click Check Now
    6. The utility will now check the BlackBerry Media Card
    Remove the Media Card from your phone and put it into an adapter and plug it into the PC.
    Repeat steps 2 - 6

If this does not work, then copy all the data from the card (while it is connected to the PC) and then do as Garz suggests and Format the Media Card in the BlackBerry - not in the PC.

Go to Options, Media Card, Press Menu and select Format Card
    I screwed up and closed my laptop while importing some music. This method fixed my problem.!!!!!!!!
    04-13-10 07:28 PM
    Pete I did all this earlier today and it worked all my pic was back and my music and then I got that message again and I did it all over again and still now pic and now music help please
    iran into the same proble w the media card error and when i did the above, it wiped out all the media from my card. when i open it on the pc there are no folders labeled 'pictures', 'videos'..NOTHING!

all my pictures and videos were in there please let me know if theres any way i can fix this. or if i can recover the missing media.

thanks
    05-03-10 05:31 PM
    try reformatting it!
    05-03-10 05:39 PM

1. Connect your phone to your PC and enable Mass Storeage Mode. Do not run Desktop Manager
    2. Open My Computer on the PC and right mouse click the BlackBerry disk (probably E
    3. Select Properties
    Remove the Media Card from your phone and put it into an adapter and plug it into the PC.
    Repeat steps 2 - 6

If this does not work, then copy all the data from the card (while it is connected to the PC) and then do as Garz suggests and Format the Media Card in the BlackBerry - not in the PC.

My phone won't plug right into my bb for some reason (I can't see what's on my phone when plugged in via usb) I took the card out and saved all my downloaded information because it shows perfectly on the computer.

Did the steps, it worked like a charm. I reformatted and am now reinstalling the pics and music I saved.

BOOM! Perfect. Thank you!
    10-01-10 12:25 AM
    Okay, even when I try to do that it will not open my media card...All I did was try to record something!
    11-06-10 01:45 AM
    Okay, even when I try to do that it will not open my media card...All I did was try to record something!
    I gave instructions in your thread, for the gparted live CD/USB. Read up on the website and you should be good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 02:35 AM
    I know this is a special case, but the reason I got this message was because I was trying to put songs on which had Japanese titles, so I'm thinking the BB doesn't enjoy foreign symbols. As soon as I took those playlists out, everything was fine. Just something to consider in case you find yourself in the same situation
    I'm not sure if this is entirely true because I have at least one song like that on my BB Pearl Flip and, though the title is a mess of question marks, it still plays fine. You might try changing the names of the songs and see if you still have that problem.
    01-14-11 08:39 AM
    [B]
    Have you tried doing exactly what the error tells you to do?
    Enable mass storage under media card on your BlackBerry.
    Then hook up your phone to the computer via the usb cable.
    Then when you phone show up as a drive, left click your mouse and left click on properties.
    Click on disk utilities or something to that effect (I'm not on my computer at this second in time).

Try it.

Hi there!:

please I need help with this problem. I've got a blackberry 8310 and do have this media card problem as well. I've been trying to follow your advice but when I'm on this window where I can see all the drives in my laptop (dunno how it's called in English), I cannot see the Blackberry drive. I've turn on the "mass storage mode support" on my device and then plugging it on my laptop but nothing happens!

looking forward for an answer

many thanks!

02-20-11 11:34 PM
    [B]

Hi there!:

please I need help with this problem. I've got a blackberry 8310 and do have this media card problem as well. I've been trying to follow your advice but when I'm on this window where I can see all the drives in my laptop (dunno how it's called in English), I cannot see the Blackberry drive. I've turn on the "mass storage mode support" on my device and then plugging it on my laptop but nothing happens!

looking forward for an answer

many thanks!

Audo Mass storage support: Yes (is this option selected?)

02-21-11 01:02 AM

3. Select Properties
    Repeat steps 2 - 6

I have followed the above steps and yet when I get to "properties" the only options I have are "general" and "autoplay." I don't get an option for "tools" at all. Is there something I am not doing correctly? I would appreciate any feedback at all.

Thanks!
    03-14-11 02:19 PM
    hey i have a bb 9300.....when i insert my transcend 4gb sdhc card in to it .....it gives an error......MEMORY CARD CANNOT BE READ DUE TO FATAL ERROR
    04-01-11 10:24 PM
    There's lots of instructions for a PC, but I can't find that "tools" option on my mac, any ideas?
    Thanks!
    04-09-11 04:31 PM
    There's lots of instructions for a PC, but I can't find that "tools" option on my mac, any ideas?

Thanks!
    Try the Mac Users forum on CrackBerry.
    04-09-11 04:36 PM
    Try the Mac Users forum on CrackBerry.
    Which you will find here......

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/
    04-09-11 11:40 PM
    My problem is I have tried all of this with two different cards (Sandisk 8GB and a PNY 16GB) and both get the fatal error msg and then go into a format cycle where the bb says "format complete" then "the disk is not formatted would you like to format" is it a card issue or a blackberry issue. Using OS 6.0.0.448 on a 9700 and have used the 16GB card for almost two months without an issue including constant upgrades and downgrades. Any help would be appreciated
    05-28-11 02:15 PM
    My problem is I have tried all of this with two different cards (Sandisk 8GB and a PNY 16GB) and both get the fatal error msg and then go into a format cycle where the bb says "format complete" then "the disk is not formatted would you like to format" is it a card issue or a blackberry issue. Using OS 6.0.0.448 on a 9700 and have used the 16GB card for almost two months without an issue including constant upgrades and downgrades. Any help would be appreciated
    During the times you upgraded and downgraded the device software, by any chance, did you wipe the device with BBSAK prior (or used apploader.exe to load it instead)? I do so before loading, I don't use DM unless I backup/restore data.

05-28-11 05:24 PM
    Just format ur media card dude or scan it with MS Security Essentials if u r using win 7.
    05-29-11 12:56 PM
    it works! thanx a lot!!!
    06-26-11 07:47 AM
    Hi my mate has this same problem but his memory card works in my phone and no memory card works in his phone even after doing what Pete6 mentioned. Is there a problem with his phone? or is there any other way to get the phone to recognize the memory card? i put an empty memory card in his phone and it says something about Fatal error!
    06-30-11 07:21 PM
    plz help me with my media card its been alwys sendin me an error msg..... & it says a media card has been inserted that contains errors, do u wish 2 repair the media card now? then i press yes... then it show me if lost clusters are found during the repair, do u want 2 save them? then i press yes!!! then it send me media card repair faild

plllllzzzzzzz help meee i neeed all the thing in it,,,,,,,,
    03-01-12 11:03 AM
    me either gt da sme prb wat can i do i relly need it 2 plz if u hlp me
    03-01-12 11:26 AM
    me either gt da sme prb wat can i do i relly need it 2 plz if u hlp me
    No offense, but I can't read short form or text talk (typed from a phone or using a computer, don't take it personal)

Remove the card and insert it into the microSD adaptor it came with and then insert it into your computer's memory card reader or usb memory card reader. If you get the prompt to format the card, you're out of luck with your data.
    03-01-12 04:39 PM
    Every time I reboot my device I get this message " A media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the media card now. I choose yes and then another message pops up that reads ''If lost clusters are found during the repair, do you want to save them?" I choose yes again. I get "Repairing card... please wait" and then "Media card repair failed". Any suggestions on how to fix this? Connecting my media card to the laptop (using a USB card reader) did not help either; I couldn't view any files as they were all random unknown files that were 'fragmented'. Any other way I can get my pictures/videos back?
    03-14-12 11:15 AM
    Every time I reboot my device I get this message " A media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the media card now. I choose yes and then another message pops up that reads ''If lost clusters are found during the repair, do you want to save them?" I choose yes again. I get "Repairing card... please wait" and then "Media card repair failed". Any suggestions on how to fix this? Connecting my media card to the laptop (using a USB card reader) did not help either; I couldn't view any files as they were all random unknown files that were 'fragmented'. Any other way I can get my pictures/videos back?

If they're all .rem files, you are out of luck. Never enable encryption unless you're at a top secret military base or where it's required and mandatory.. You don't need to post in multiple threads. You've got answers.
    03-14-12 01:28 PM
    I keep on gettin a message on my phone when i put in my media kard sayin "media kard kan not be used due to fatal conditions" on sumthang like dat! How da kan i use my media kard den, yall know???
    05-10-12 04:27 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD