I keep getting the error message "A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error checking utility on a computer." Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks
    08-10-08 02:29 PM
    Have you tried to format the media card in your BB? If not, do this... Options > media card > menu > format card
    08-10-08 02:38 PM
    Do one or both of these things.

1. Connect your phone to your PC and enable Mass Storeage Mode. Do not run Desktop Manager
    2. Open My Computer on the PC and right mouse click the BlackBerry disk (probably E
    3. Select Properties
    4. Select Tools and then Error-Checking.
    5. Check BOTH boxes and then Click Check Now
    6. The utility will now check the BlackBerry Media Card
    Remove the Media Card from your phone and put it into an adapter and plug it into the PC.
    Repeat steps 2 - 6

If this does not work, then copy all the data from the card (while it is connected to the PC) and then do as Garz suggests and Format the Media Card in the BlackBerry - not in the PC.

Go to Options, Media Card, Press Menu and select Format Card
    totty-blackberry and jakarta like this.
    08-10-08 02:53 PM
    Have you tried doing exactly what the error tells you to do?
    Enable mass storage under media card on your BlackBerry.
    Then hook up your phone to the computer via the usb cable.
    Then when you phone show up as a drive, left click your mouse and left click on properties.
    Click on disk utilities or something to that effect (I'm not on my computer at this second in time).

Try it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 09:17 PM

1. Connect your phone to your PC and enable Mass Storeage Mode. Do not run Desktop Manager
    2. Open My Computer on the PC and right mouse click the BlackBerry disk (probably E
    3. Select Properties
    Remove the Media Card from your phone and put it into an adapter and plug it into the PC.
    Repeat steps 2 - 6

If this does not work, then copy all the data from the card (while it is connected to the PC) and then do as Garz suggests and Format the Media Card in the BlackBerry - not in the PC.

This worked like charm for me, thanks Pete!
    08-06-09 04:32 PM
    My Storm has been working without any issues for months with almost 1,000 songs. Recently, for the first time, I clicked on "Fill empty space with random music" when I did a media sync. I don't know if this caused it, but I immediately got Media Card error. I reformatted the card, and did a Media Sync again without the "random music" box check. Same error. I can sync one small playlist without issues. I can put photos on the card. As soon as I do the entire music sync, the card fails. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
    08-18-09 12:02 PM
    I have a similar problem. I installed a new 16 GB media card, and proceeded to load it with music from iTunes using Media Sync. After disconnecting from the computer, my Blackberry Tour reported that I had "...inserted a media card containing errors...". I have done all of the following:
    • Reformatted the card both on the PC and on the phone
    • Ran error-checking from the disk utitilies on the PC with no errors reported (WinXP Pro SP3)
    • Copied off all the data, reformatted, and then copied it back
    • All of the above in various combinations

The frustrating thing is that even when the Blackberry reports media card errors, all the pictures, data, and music show up when it's connected to the PC and viewed through Windows Explorer.

I have repeated this exercise many times, and always, at some random point, after syncing with Media Sync, I'll get the error message when I disconnect the Blackberry from the PC.

I'd be grateful for any other suggestions or work-arounds for this isssue.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Rupert_Giles; 08-26-09 at 12:58 PM.
    08-25-09 03:50 PM

3. Select Properties
    Repeat steps 2 - 6

Thanks for the info, I ran into this problem after I updated and my friend directed me to this specific thread.

I'm following the first set of instructions you've provided, but I'm running into a problem at step 4. I click the 'Tools' tab, then under 'Error-checking' I click the 'Check Now...' button, but right after I do that, I get an error message saying, 'The disk check could not be performed because Windows cannot access the disk.'

Needless to say, I don't know what the heck to do, haha. Any suggestions or further help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
    09-01-09 05:41 PM
    I have an issue. My media card is inserted but a msg pops up saying that its corrupted. I will try some step u posted and see if it will work for me.

09-13-09 06:45 PM
    It says, when I go to options- memory card, Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted. So imma see if your steps can help me retrieve all my files on my card.

09-13-09 06:51 PM
    Thanks so much! I thought I had lost all my precious memories, but with your help my media card was recovered. Great work guys,
    09-27-09 03:33 PM
    Was getting a memory card error so immediately logged onto crackberry to look for answers. Found this thread and it worked like a charm! Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge. Thought I had lost everything! Thanks again.
    10-07-09 02:13 PM
    thanks guys, that totally helped pete6 !!
    11-07-09 07:08 PM
    Sooo I let it fix the errors now all the files are unreadable and have a different extension on it.

All of my files end with .chk.

How am I gonna get this stuff back?
    11-20-09 01:42 PM
    This phone is jive. I'm gonna step on it with a golf cleat.

Months and months I've gone with hundreds of music on my phone, w/ pictures, video, etc, and no problem.

Why an error now, I'll have no idea. I've tried everything as stated above, nothing works for me.

...but at least you guys had similar issues and are familiar with this problem, bcuz the good people at Verizon had nooooo idea what I was talking about.

It's as if I walked into McDonald's and asked "Hey, can I have a BigMac?" and they told me "Oh, we don't even know what that is."
    12-11-09 09:01 AM
    i fixed the problem regarding the media card error that l was receiving. Therefore, l have no free space available (0) despite the fact that l have reset both cards and clear all the information on the BB. Any idea how to fix it?

Application memory:
    Free space: 0.0kb

Device memory:
    Total space: 859.2mb
    Free space: 859.0mb

Media Card:
    Total space: 967.2mb
    Free space: 967.0mb
    12-28-09 08:58 AM
    Hey,

I have an 8900 and recently started getting the media card error message. I tried plugging into my mac with the USB cord and ran the Disk Utility. I've heard you have to first verify the card and then repair it, but during the verifying process I got an error saying that it can't be verified. Now I'm not sure what to try next, any ideas? I lost all my pictures and just got back from a trip and I'm desperate to get them back!

Thanks for any ideas!
    01-12-10 04:37 PM
    Hey,

I have an 8900 and recently started getting the media card error message. I tried plugging into my mac with the USB cord and ran the Disk Utility. I've heard you have to first verify the card and then repair it, but during the verifying process I got an error saying that it can't be verified. Now I'm not sure what to try next, any ideas? I lost all my pictures and just got back from a trip and I'm desperate to get them back!

Thanks for any ideas!
    Try the Mac Users Forum.
    01-12-10 04:58 PM

3. Select Properties
    Repeat steps 2 - 6

iran into the same proble w the media card error and when i did the above, it wiped out all the media from my card. when i open it on the pc there are no folders labeled 'pictures', 'videos'..NOTHING!

all my pictures and videos were in there please let me know if theres any way i can fix this. or if i can recover the missing media.

thanks
    02-04-10 07:32 AM
    Thank you Pete6!!! I just went from my measly little 1GB card to an 8GB card and today I put all my photos, ringtones and music on it and then was having this error message... thanks for the help... cleared it right up!!
    03-10-10 02:37 PM
    iran into the same proble w the media card error and when i did the above, it wiped out all the media from my card. when i open it on the pc there are no folders labeled 'pictures', 'videos'..NOTHING!

all my pictures and videos were in there please let me know if theres any way i can fix this. or if i can recover the missing media.

thanks
    SAME thing just happened to me. everything on media card turned into 950 megs of fileblah.chk files. what a POS. I don't know if it was the phone or thise ****ty OSs that RIM keeps putting out. had gone back to the last "official" sprint release.
    03-11-10 07:43 PM
    This is complete crap! I just got the same error message saying my media card is currupted. Nothing new on the card but regular pictures. I have hundreds of pics on it and I hope I haven't lost them. What the ****? Its an 8 gig card and not close to being full. Nothing new installed on the phone at all. Its so irritating!
    03-12-10 01:53 AM
    Thanks Pete6,

It solved the issue...Thanks!!!

3. Select Properties
    Repeat steps 2 - 6

04-01-10 11:50 AM
    Hey everyone, im having a problem with my 16gb carb, i got it a few days ago and everything was working fine, then today when i was transferring music out of the blue i got an error saying "The destination you have specified does not exist...check the drive location and try again"...I've considered formatting my card but im hesistant as i have over a 1000 songs which are all working fine on the phone and if i try formatting and this doesnt work then i'll still have the same problem minus all my music
    04-04-10 11:36 AM
    I know this is a special case, but the reason I got this message was because I was trying to put songs on which had Japanese titles, so I'm thinking the BB doesn't enjoy foreign symbols. As soon as I took those playlists out, everything was fine. Just something to consider in case you find yourself in the same situation
    04-11-10 02:11 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD