Hello,
    I am new to the Crackberry community and have a question about configuring the organizer feature on the Blackberry desktop software.
    I have a Bold 9650 and running Windows 7 on my computer. My question is about the memo pad feature on the Blackberry Desktop Software.
    When it come to syncing up the Memopad feature on the desktop software there are three options, "None, ASCII Import Export and Yahoo. I currently am using Yahoo, but I wish to use a program already on my computer and not bother with logging onto my Yahoo account in order to use this application. First, what is ASCII Import Export?. Is this some 3rd party software that needs to be purchased or is this included in Windows 7? And if so how do I access this program? Any help is appreciated, Thank you.
    03-06-11 11:50 AM
    Hello,
    I am new to the Crackberry community and have a question about configuring the organizer feature on the Blackberry desktop software.
    I have a Bold 9650 and running Windows 7 on my computer. My question is about the memo pad feature on the Blackberry Desktop Software.
    When it come to syncing up the Memopad feature on the desktop software there are three options, "None, ASCII Import Export and Yahoo. I currently am using Yahoo, but I wish to use a program already on my computer and not bother with logging onto my Yahoo account in order to use this application. First, what is ASCII Import Export?. Is this some 3rd party software that needs to be purchased or is this included in Windows 7? And if so how do I access this program? Any help is appreciated, Thank you.
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

MemoPad sync seems to work best on your PC when you sync to Outlook. Outlook has a Notes tab and this is where MemoPad is syncced to.

ASCII (American Standard Code for the Interchange of Inormation) fsyncing with produce a Windows NoetPad file (.txt file). NotePad is a part of Windows so you can read Your MemoPad files easily.
    ryanlbrownsr likes this.
    03-06-11 11:56 AM
    Yes if you install Outlook you should have the option to sync your Notes with it. You can also sync your Notes OTA (over the air) to an Exchange account with BES.
    ryanlbrownsr likes this.
    03-07-11 09:48 AM
    And if you don't have MS Outlook and/or if you're not planning to write notes/memos anywhere other than on your BB, then I'm assuming you could check the None box since you wouldn't actually be syncing them to anything. There would be no need for memos changed or written on your BB to be updated into a desktop application, and vice versa. I'm thinking you were presented with those 3 options since Desktop Manager maybe realized you aren't using Outlook so it figured you might want to import something (an ASCII file) or that maybe Yahoo had some syncable functionality or that you just wouldn't ever want/need to sync your Memos.
    ryanlbrownsr likes this.
    03-07-11 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD