Has anyone seen any bluetooth (or even wired) remote controls for Blackberry media apps?

All I want to be able to do is play,pause,next,prev (and poss vol+ vol-). The application is for when I am riding my motorcycle, but applicable in other circumstances too (best to not have to be messing with the phone!!)

I'm sure there must be some adapters that would provide this capability (as part of it is possible with my ruined blackberry bold earphones), but I do not want headphones/buds attached, just the adapter or just the remote.

Anyone seen anything like this?
    07-19-09 09:28 PM
    I have a bluetooth helmet set from china, I think they are called super BT interphone, that will start and stop the BB media player. However, they won't work for anyone else's player, significantly podtrapper, which I would like to use to listen to books while I ride... Work pretty well as bike to bike intecoms, though, and I can listen to music on the bb media player.
    08-21-09 03:26 PM
    Has anyone seen any bluetooth (or even wired) remote controls for Blackberry media apps?

All I want to be able to do is play,pause,next,prev (and poss vol+ vol-). The application is for when I am riding my motorcycle, but applicable in other circumstances too (best to not have to be messing with the phone!!)

I'm sure there must be some adapters that would provide this capability (as part of it is possible with my ruined blackberry bold earphones), but I do not want headphones/buds attached, just the adapter or just the remote.

Anyone seen anything like this?
    Sony makes the DRC-BT30 which is a Headphone adapter, but it can be used as a Bluetooth remote. All you have to do is route the audio to another port. I just bought one and it works extremely well with my 8330.

Hope that helps,

Ian
    07-08-10 07:56 PM
    I'm looking for exactly the same thing! My requirement is same as yours: motorcycle application, using BB as music player and phone via the standard media player app. I currently use an iPod as audio source, with separate connection to phone, as supported in my Autocom moto-audio interface.

The ideal AVRCP remote would be just that - having ONLY the functionality of Bluetooth remote, and without A2DP trying to "steal" the audio stream. My motorcycle audio system is wired (and thus bullet-proof), including wired connection to helmet... which allows for all components to be bike-powered and eliminates fiddling with batteries.

I have an iJet wireless remote for iPod made by ABT (URL abtech2 dot com) that works great while riding. The iJet is waterproof, battery lasts forever because there's no audio streaming, and only complaint is size of buttons and difficulty while wearing gloves.

So, what I'm really looking for is a Bluetooth AVRCP remote control that provides the same functionality as the iJet/iPod combination.
    09-18-10 05:17 PM
    Rather than looking for an AVRCP remote, why not just mount your blackberry on your motorcycle's handlebars? You would then have access to all of the BB keys.
    You could hardwire the audio into your existing system.

And...
    If you need a navigation system, just turn on google maps.

I found a mount for my bicycle handlebars at mountguys.com.
    It works great!
    Bicycle mount for my BB8330
    However, the mount is "bicycle grade." I would not try that specific one on a motorcycle.

If you found a mount that was appropriate for your motorcycle, then your BB could act like a BB. No need to find a remote to make it act like an iPod.
    09-27-10 07:34 PM
    Just wanted to see if a solution was ever found for this. I'm looking for the same thing: wired/wireless media controls ONLY.
    Thanks!
    11-03-11 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD