For a company that everyone seems to think is dead and insignificant the media sure spends a lot of time and energy talking (negatively) about BlackBerry. I see links to articles on here everyday. I wonder why that is? What's the fascination?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:56 PM
    For a company that everyone seems to think is dead and insignificant the media sure spends a lot of time and energy talking (negatively) about BlackBerry. I see links to articles on here everyday. I wonder why that is? What's the fascination?

Posted via CB10
    You're right, I saw at least a dozen "Obama can't have an iPhone" articles on Flipboard. They seem obsessed with BlackBerry for some reason
    damien kupuku and TgeekB like this.
    12-05-13 07:10 PM
    You're right, I saw at least a dozen "Obama can't have an iPhone" articles on Flipboard. They seem obsessed with BlackBerry for some reason
    I can't explain it...unless its fear that they may make a comeback? no other real reason why they spend so much time on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 07:17 PM
    major tech sites dont even cover BB anymore, very little attention is paid to BB when you retrospectively look at the entire industry
    katiepea likes this.
    12-05-13 08:07 PM
    I can't explain it...unless its fear that they may make a comeback? no other real reason why they spend so much time on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, fear.............umm...........
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-05-13 08:08 PM
    Yes, fear.............umm...........
    That was sarcasm but can you give me a reason as to why major news publications feel the need to report everyday?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 08:26 PM
    That was sarcasm but can you give me a reason as to why major news publications feel the need to report everyday?

Posted via CB10
    Slow news day?

Desperate for clicks?

Increased attention due to earnings on 20 Dec?

Self-selective bias on this forum?

Could be a lot of reasons. There have actually been several rather hopeful/optimistic articles lately btw.
    JeepBB and h20work like this.
    12-05-13 08:34 PM
    Slow news day?

Desperate for clicks?

Increased attention due to earnings on 20 Dec?

Self-selective bias on this forum?

Could be a lot of reasons. There have actually been several rather hopeful/optimistic articles lately btw.
    I guess you're right, there has been a few somewhat optimistic articles. I guess it just seems like it's never ending because people seem to jump on the negative and post it in here every chance they get.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 08:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    I believe the way we see things through our eyes is biased. BB sales is not good enough. The stock has dropped below $6. If you wrote tech news would you be positive or negative towards Blackberry? If they turn things around the news will be me more positive. It reflects reality.
    JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    12-05-13 09:01 PM
    I guess you're right, there has been a few somewhat optimistic articles. I guess it just seems like it's never ending because people seem to jump on the negative and post it in here every chance they get.
    Then your problem is not with the media, it is with your fellow members who constantly b!tch about the negative news and then post links to it and create conversations about it. Without their "help" a lot of people would never even see that stuff

People want to see less negative news on this site, fine, stop posting that nonsense and for G_d sake search to see if it hasn't been posted 5 times previously.
    12-05-13 09:06 PM
    Then your problem is not with the media, it is with your fellow members who constantly b!tch about the negative news and then post links to it and create conversations about it. Without their "help" a lot of people would never even see that stuff

People want to see less negative news on this site, fine, stop posting that nonsense and for G_d sake search to see if it hasn't been posted 5 times previously.
    I'm guessing the people who post it are the ones who want it to be spread around and aren't here for any other reason but that.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 09:12 PM
    I think it's more of an "Oh, how the mighty have fallen" fascination. How a giant has stumbled.

It would be like if the iPhone ended up like BlackBerry. What was once on top of the world has now been kicked to the curb by the world.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-05-13 09:30 PM
    I think it's more of an "Oh, how the mighty have fallen" fascination. How a giant has stumbled.

It would be like if the iPhone ended up like BlackBerry. What was once on top of the world has now been kicked to the curb by the world.
    Yes I get that but they've been reporting that for 2 years....

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 09:46 PM
    Just goes to show what the media knows....do the even try to go get a story anymore, or do the just all copy someone's opinion down and write it as truth? And you can say that about a lot more then just blackberry too.. media sucks. Turn off the news and enjoy your BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    12-05-13 09:57 PM
    Yes I get that but they've been reporting that for 2 years....

Posted via CB10
    The truly fascinating part is anytime a positive article about BlackBerry gets posted, it is ignored. Helps the ones who like to play the victim card (not you).
    12-05-13 10:05 PM
    I'm guessing the people who post it are the ones who want it to be spread around and aren't here for any other reason but that.
    Not necessarily. I don't do the whole assigning ulterior motives to people I don't know. Sometimes a negative (depending on the reader) story is posted here because it is legitimate news and the OP is looking for a real discussion or a conversation to help them understand things more clearly.

Where it gets trying is when people post the same story or a variation on a theme over and over. It only amplifies the negativity. That may be more of what you are noticing.
    ray689 and kbz1960 like this.
    12-05-13 10:37 PM
    The truly fascinating part is anytime a positive article about BlackBerry gets posted, it is ignored. Helps the ones who like to play the victim card (not you).
    I made this point in another thread and you would have thought I was speaking in tongues
    h20work and kbz1960 like this.
    12-05-13 10:40 PM
    I made this point in another thread and you would have thought I was speaking in tongues
    I bring it up often

Use small words, the usual suspects only understand 4 or 5 letter words.
    12-05-13 11:05 PM
    For the same reason that the media has always considered negative events "news", but positive events not worth reporting. A plane crash is news. All the flights that arrive safely? Not news. BlackBerry is currently the plane crash.

A sad comment on human nature (in a number of ways).
    bspence87 likes this.
    12-06-13 06:17 AM
    For the same reason that the media has always considered negative events "news", but positive events not worth reporting. A plane crash is news. All the flights that arrive safely? Not news. BlackBerry is currently the plane crash.

A sad comment on human nature (in a number of ways).
    Yes true but a plane crash doesn't get reported on everyday few days for 2 years straight...and counting.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 06:32 AM
    Yes true but a plane crash doesn't get reported on everyday few days for 2 years straight...and counting.

Posted via CB10
    As horrible as it is a plane crash is a one time event. BBRY is an ongoing anomaly.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-06-13 06:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can, BlackBerry fanboys make it profitable to bash BlacKBerry. That really is all there is to it.

Hardly anyone ever Google searches for BlackBerry now. Even CrackBerry has mentioned that. Search activity related to BlackBerry is tiny compared to other smart phones. So a normal BlackBerry story doesn't get spotted as easily as the story that bashes BlackBerry and gets shared over and over by sad fanboys.

The numbers prove that! Yet, BlackBerry supporters keep falling for it.

Remember when the New York Times posted an article about people being embarrassed by using a BlackBerry? #TeamBlackBerry showed them what's up!!! And made it one of the single most visited article in that website's history. It got tons of comments, was covered on the front page of CrackBerry and probably went on to make that site thousands of dollars in AdSense earnings.

#TeamBlackBerry don't mess around, they know how to make BlackBerry bashing ridiculously profitable.

The media is against BlackBerry because people have taught them that it is the only way to make money talking about BlackBerry. That is why you see negative stories or not much of anything else unless it is a BlackBerry fan site. It isn't a conspiracy it just taking advantage of how predictable loyal fans are.
    bspence87 likes this.
    12-06-13 07:16 AM
    I believe the way we see things through our eyes is biased. BB sales is not good enough. The stock has dropped below $6. If you wrote tech news would you be positive or negative towards Blackberry? If they turn things around the news will be me more positive. It reflects reality.
    I disagree. The poor sales are due mostly to the negative media

Friends of mine bash Blackberry without doing any research. And they all have the same arguments:
    Didn't blackberry go bankrupt?
    Blackberry sucks because Apple's the best
    They're cheaply made, the operating system is outdated
    (Enter any regurgitated media article here)
    12-06-13 07:33 AM
    I can, BlackBerry fanboys make it profitable to bash BlacKBerry. That really is all there is to it.

Hardly anyone ever Google searches for BlackBerry now. Even CrackBerry has mentioned that. Search activity related to BlackBerry is tiny compared to other smart phones. So a normal BlackBerry story doesn't get spotted as easily as the story that bashes BlackBerry and gets shared over and over by sad fanboys.

The numbers prove that! Yet, BlackBerry supporters keep falling for it.

Remember when the New York Times posted an article about people being embarrassed by using a BlackBerry? #TeamBlackBerry showed them what's up!!! And made it one of the single most visited article in that website's history. It got tons of comments, was covered on the front page of CrackBerry and probably went on to make that site thousands of dollars in AdSense earnings.

#TeamBlackBerry don't mess around, they know how to make BlackBerry bashing ridiculously profitable.

The media is against BlackBerry because people have taught them that it is the only way to make money talking about BlackBerry. That is why you see negative stories or not much of anything else unless it is a BlackBerry fan site. It isn't a conspiracy it just taking advantage of how predictable loyal fans are.
    LOL... exactly. BGR has it down pat. Write a tongue-in-cheek article critical of BBRY and wait for the angry defenders to swoop in frothing at the mouth, and make money. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
    12-06-13 07:39 AM
    I disagree. The poor sales are due mostly to the negative media

Friends of mine bash Blackberry without doing any research. And they all have the same arguments:
    Didn't blackberry go bankrupt?
    Blackberry sucks because Apple's the best
    They're cheaply made, the operating system is outdated
    (Enter any regurgitated media article here)
    If you ask them why they don't pick BBRY devices, and they say it is due to media coverage, then no offense, find better informed friends.
    12-06-13 07:44 AM
33 12