1. T
    Am I doing something wrong, or is working with .jpg.rem files within DM's Roxio Media Manager incredibly slow? If I open a media card folder while using the program from my computer, and the folder contains around 20 images in it, the image icons populate fast, but the images themselves take forever to load up. There's a lot of waiting for this loading whenever I go to do anything. For example, when I delete a picture from one of the folders, the program reloads all the pictures after deleting the one. It's very time consuming to move pics around this way. Is it the nature of the beast (device decrypting/encrypting the .jpg.rem files) or is there a faster way?
    09-19-10 03:13 PM
    Unless I misunderstood -you shouldn't access files on your BB whilst access same files on your PC - surprised it lets you
    09-19-10 03:39 PM
  3. T
    I plug the BlackBerry into the computer, then open DM and Media Manager. The program asks for a password, then allows the user to access the BlackBerry media files and other files on the computer and to work with those files.
    09-19-10 03:43 PM
    Hey Tonis, I think it has a little to do with your encryption set on, but also not having your bb set to Mass Storage mode. Menu/Options Memory

Compression-Enable
    Media Card Support-On
    Mass Storage Mode Support-On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected-Yes

I do not have encryption turned on but with these settings I can drag and drop multiple files without using Roxio or DM. Your pc will see your bb as another removable disk and assign it another drive letter. Hope this helps you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 05:17 PM
  5. T
    Thanks, albee. I've tried it that way, and it works great. The problem is, I can't see the encrypted jpegs when using mass storage mode, only their icons and the unencrypted jpegs, so it's hard to tell what I'm moving around. DM must be used when viewing any encrypted jpegs on the pc. Since I have a mix of encrypted and unencrypted files, it may be that viewing the jpegs on my BlackBerry first, writing down their names and locations, and then transferring them to where I want them using mass storage mode may be the fastest way. In any case, it will probably be faster than the way I'm doing it now.
    09-19-10 05:39 PM
    What a pain. What happens if you turn encryption off first. Will they remember they were stored with encryption on?

09-19-10 05:54 PM
  7. T
    It is a pain. I'll have to try turning encryption off next time I want to transfer files to see what happens, but I think it will remember and remain encrypted. I do seem to recall reading somewhere on this site that if a .jpeg.rem is copied and pasted somewhere while content protection is turned off, the copy will save as an ordinary jpeg.
    09-19-10 06:18 PM
    Well that's half the problem solved. If I were you I would turn it off, transfer all then delete the ones you don't want on your pc. Then at least you have saved yourself some effort. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

09-19-10 06:57 PM
  9. T
    Not at all. That's probably the best way for me to get my folders in order. And thanks again! It helps a lot just to have someone to compare notes with.
    09-19-10 07:03 PM
    Anytime Tonis, that's one of the reasons I keep coming back here. To be able to tap into the collective has really helped me answer a lot of questions. See you later in the forums!

09-19-10 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD