Hi. I have a pearl and all of a sudden my call log was getting deleted, and I didn't know I was receiving phone calls. I took it to verizon and they told me I needed to upgrade to version 4.5 and this would stop. After I downloaded version 4.5, I lost all my sound on the phone, and I can no longer play my ringtones. I am getting a message saying that the media being played is of an unsupported format. It won't even play the ringtones that came with the phone. It also won't play my voice notes that I had recorded on the phone. I don't even have sound for brick breaker. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I'm very frustrated. I don't want to go back to the store unless I have to.
    Thank you.
    pinkie
    03-21-10 11:23 PM
    id say back up your apps and contacts via Desktop Manager and do a hard resest/or wipe. Basicly restoring your phone to the way it was when you bought it then restore the info/apps back via Desktop manager. any better suggestions? or go back to the store lol. hope this helps!
    03-21-10 11:31 PM
    Thanks. It sounds like I am going back to the store tomorrow since I am sure I would screw something up if I tried to fix it myself.
    Thank you for your response.
    03-21-10 11:52 PM
    Hey, I was also thiinking of getting a lavender (I'm such a girl) blackberry curve. I had this phone for two years..... Maybe it's long enough.
    Just kidding. I should really hold onto this onto it doesn't work any more.
    It is adorable.
    03-21-10 11:54 PM
    Guess what? I figured I had nothing to lose (fingers crossed) so I removed the battery and put it right back in. Now my files play. phew.
    pinkie
    03-22-10 12:02 AM
  6. T
    With my Curve, I get this same message for videos I've made with the phone if "Encrypt Media Files" is set to on when the video is made. Turning that feature off when I make a video solves this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 12:14 AM
    Guess what? I figured I had nothing to lose (fingers crossed) so I removed the battery and put it right back in. Now my files play. phew.
    pinkie
    you didn't already try the battery pull ? lol i thought that was a given! the curve 2 in my opinion is an awesome upgrade from the pearl i love mine!
    03-22-10 07:54 AM
    Hi. The battery pull only works for a little while apparently, because it keeps defaulting back to not playing the ringtones or playing sound on the videos or sound on brickbreaker. None of the ring tones go off when the phone rings....
    It looks like I really am going back to the store. If they can't fix it....new phone time. Hey, it's been two years....that's long enough, right??
    03-27-10 05:24 AM
    Hi. Well, I caved over the weekend. I got the blackberry curve...lavender, of course. I like it, but I miss pinkie. I guess I just have to get used to it. I definitely like the track pad over the track ball...very smoothe. Are there any other extremely fabulous applications on the curve that people enjoy very much?
    03-29-10 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD