1. T
    Does my Bold 9650 have SDHC support? If so, why does my 9650's user guide say, "Your BlackBerry device supports media card sizes up to 32 GB. Only microSD media cards are supported"? I'm using an SDHC card, and it seems to work fine. What am I missing (or is the info in the user guide poorly expressed)? TIA.
    09-14-11 11:22 AM
    Does my Bold 9650 have SDHC support? If so, why does my 9650's user guide say, "Your BlackBerry device supports media card sizes up to 32 GB. Only microSD media cards are supported"? I'm using an SDHC card, and it seems to work fine. What am I missing (or is the info in the user guide poorly expressed)? TIA.
    Just take half of what it says in the user guide. You 9650 as long as you have a Micro SD which is the ohly card that will fit then it is supported expecially since you mention that all works fine. Don't worry about it.
    09-14-11 12:00 PM
  3. T
    ^ Thank you!
    09-14-11 12:19 PM
    The SD memory standard only reaches 2GB. SD High Capacity (SDHC) supports 4-32GB cards. SDXC (SD eXtended Capacity) supports 32GB-2TB!

https://www.sdcard.org/home/

Your Bold 9650 fully supports the MicroSDHC standard, up to 32GB.
    09-14-11 12:25 PM
    ^ Thank you!
    What I mentioned by another poster below your thank you to be is 100% correct and a good thing to remember. I just gave you the short version so now you know all of it. Thanks.
    09-14-11 12:28 PM
  6. T
    ^ @rrrebo -- Thank you, too. I had seen this, and it seemed like a conflict to me, because it says "only microSD" in the user guide. But I guess it's logical that the emphasis in that statement is on "micro" (as in not an ordinary SD) since, as you've reinforced, the SD standard ends at 2GB.
    09-14-11 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD