Hey Everyone!

I've got about 6.5MB of wallpapers and QUITE a few ringtones (I can't seem to get a total on how space is being used for these) on my media card. However, when I go into Options>Media Card it says Total Space: 3.7g and Free Space 3.7g.

How come the "status" of my media card hasn't been updated?
    06-22-08 09:35 AM
    Are you sure they were saved on your media card?
    06-22-08 09:42 AM
    Well, no, not scientifically speaking, but if I go to the files and choose "Properties" the path starts with "Media Card". And in Media Manager in DM they seem to be stored correctly there as well.

The only thing I can think of is there isn't enough file space being used to take up .1gig, but it certainly seems like I'm using more than that!
    06-22-08 09:44 AM
    I think you are on the right track.

6.5 Mb is 0.0065 Gb, hardly enough to register.

Throw a few video clip on the media card, that should cut it down to size.
    06-22-08 09:51 AM
    I know that sounds hard to believe, but when I did the same thing I couldn't believe that the space was so small either but they were all there. Have you checked them all?
    06-22-08 09:51 AM
    Thanks guys, it does sound hard to believe. Especially with all the ringtones I've got. I haven't checked each one individually, but random checks tells me they're all there.

Furthermore,
    After I put all the wallpapers on the media card, I went into Status and checked my "File Free Space" or whatever it's called, that was unchanged.

I think I'm gonna load the Godfather part 1 on and see if [I]that[I] will get me some used space!!
    06-22-08 09:59 AM
    I've asked before but no one has answered...how can I switch the pics I took on my device and save them to my media card? I really need to free up that space.

Media manager does not recognize the pics on my Pearl at all...it's as if there's nothing there...yet I can view them. When I open the media card in mass storage mode, there are no pics there. So how do I move the ones in device memory to the card?

besiderself
    06-22-08 12:55 PM
    I've asked before but no one has answered...how can I switch the pics I took on my device and save them to my media card? I really need to free up that space.

Media manager does not recognize the pics on my Pearl at all...it's as if there's nothing there...yet I can view them. When I open the media card in mass storage mode, there are no pics there. So how do I move the ones in device memory to the card?

besiderself

I think you have confused Media manager and Windows file manager.

The simple way to move pictures is to use Media / Explore right on your Pearl.

You can copy and move pics between device and media card memory.

06-22-08 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD