Hello... I would love if someone could help me to figure this thing!!
    I have some a BB tour and a 1GB card giving me a little headache. After I have transferred my pictures and videos to my Mac I have erased everything on the card!
    After trying formatting with the phone directly and failing miserably, I tried formatting wit my Disk utility application. I did 5 partitions... and the card looks good, but when i inserted in the phone it just says Media card can't be read. Verify that the media card is formatted.

Any suggestions?
    10-27-09 10:35 PM
    You might want to try a different card to determine if it's the card or the phone. I'd put my money on the card. I have come across a couple of whacked ones before.
    10-27-09 10:48 PM
    Hello... I would love if someone could help me to figure this thing!!
    I have some a BB tour and a 1GB card giving me a little headache. After I have transferred my pictures and videos to my Mac I have erased everything on the card!
    After trying formatting with the phone directly and failing miserably, I tried formatting wit my Disk utility application. I did 5 partitions... and the card looks good, but when i inserted in the phone it just says Media card can't be read. Verify that the media card is formatted.

Any suggestions?
    the only thing i can think to try. format the card on your computer fully and then try again in the phone.
    10-27-09 10:54 PM
    I did 5 partitions
    Why? A media card should only have a single partition when used in a BB. I've never even done 5 partitions on a hard drive.
    10-27-09 10:59 PM
    Why? A media card should only have a single partition when used in a BB. I've never even done 5 partitions on a hard drive.
    Ditto.

Don't partition it, just format it on the phone. The Mac will be able to read the directories natively.
    10-27-09 11:14 PM
    You will probably have to use a PC to remove the partitions, then format it to get it to work.
    10-28-09 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD