I love how a BlackBerry phone is never or rarely shown in a positive article about cellphones, yet when there is some negative report about cellphones they use a picture of a BlackBerry.

At least they used a BlackBerry 10 phone. Lol
    Media and BlackBerry-img_20150313_184348.png

Here's the whole article if you'd like to read.

OTTAWA -- Health Canada says input from the public has led it to make a few tweaks to guidelines on radiofrequency exposure.

The agency revised the guidelines, dubbed Safety Code 6, last April after reviewing scientific research on the effects of radio waves emitted by cellphones, Wi-Fi and other popular wireless technologies.

A panel with the Royal Society of Canada signed off on the proposed new guidelines, saying only that Health Canada should pursue research into possible links between radiofrequency wave exposure and cases of cancer.

Health Canada also launched a two-month consultation process during which members of the public could offer comments on the scientific aspects of Safety Code 6.

"The updated code includes slightly more restrictive reference levels in some frequency ranges to ensure even larger safety margins to protect all Canadians, including newborn infants and children," Health Canada said in a statement.

Health Canada said public input prompted it to revisit its guidelines for low frequency magnetic field reference levels, which some suggested were too restrictive. Health Canada said it has eased those guidelines.

Some advocacy groups, such as Canadians for Safe Technology, felt the draft regulations weren't rigorous enough and ignored some recent scientific literature.

Health Canada refuted those claims.

"It is important to note that when thousands of research studies are conducted on any test agent (e.g. radiofrequency fields), statistical chance dictates that a small number of studies (even if conducted properly) will demonstrate a 'false positive' or 'false negative' result," Health Canada said in its summary of findings from the public consultation.

"While some studies have reported biological effects or adverse health effects of radiofrequency fields at levels below the limits in Safety Code 6, these studies only form part of the dataset and do not represent the prevailing line of scientific evidence in these respective areas."

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    Last edited by tjseaman; 03-13-15 at 06:11 PM.
    SnapzGEG likes this.
    03-13-15 05:53 PM
    Funny how you picked up on that.
    Over the last few weeks every time some crap stuff came up about internet/web etc. it always seem to be a BBRY device being shown. Something tells me it the litigious nature of Apple & MS that scares news sources from using theirs.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    03-13-15 06:34 PM
    Or maybe it's just Canadian stories about cell-phones using pics of the "home team."
    03-13-15 07:38 PM
    Or maybe it's just Canadian stories about cell-phones using pics of the "home team."
    I'd have to disagree. If the story was about a positive use of cell phones the Canadian media usually chooses to show a picture of an iPhone or Android (usually a Samsung) not a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    BerrySoul likes this.
    03-13-15 10:03 PM
    If this picture showed an iPhone I have zero doubt in my mind that someone would be on here complaining that a Canadian article showed an iPhone and not a Blackberry even given the nature of the article.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    03-14-15 09:39 AM
    Health Canada is outright lying to protect the trillion dollar telecommunications industry and here's the ironclad scientfic proof:

www(dot)microwavenews(dot)com/news-center/rf-animal-cancer-promotion

Health Canada intentionally disregards scientific studies that are "not up to their standards." Unfortunately, what this means is that they show harm and pose a threat to industry. We are being deliberately misled. There are thousands of studies proving harm from chronic low-level microwave radiation as emitted by cell phones, "smart" meters and wifi.
    03-15-15 09:05 AM
    Perhaps the author or Health Canada officials use the Q10, and that's why it appeared in the article. Wouldn't that be a positive thing?

Some people on here think BlackBerry is so hard done by.
    03-15-15 10:59 AM
    I have seen that when they talk about the dangers of texting while driving. They will show a BlackBerry. I usually wonder if they have a bunch of old phones laying around for news segments like that.

Posted via Classic
    03-15-15 11:24 AM
    Well, if you're going to put a stock photo on a negative story about mobile then why risk pissing off the big tech companies like Apple, Google, and Microsoft that buy multiple billions of dollars of ads every year if you don't have to?
    03-15-15 11:33 AM
    Well, if you're going to put a stock photo on a negative story about mobile then why risk pissing off the big tech companies like Apple, Google, and Microsoft that buy multiple billions of dollars of ads every year if you don't have to?
    I doubt that has anything to do with it.
    03-15-15 11:35 AM
    I know out west here in Canada when talking about anything mobile related they usually have a picture of a BlackBerry device. CTV , CBC, Global etc...mind you it's not the newer BB10 devices but still says BBRY on the phone.
    03-15-15 01:24 PM
    I see lots of stock photos in advertising that use an old Blackberry. It's kind of just a symbol of once typical phone. I don't think you can relate it to much more than that.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    03-15-15 02:24 PM
    I have seen that when they talk about the dangers of texting while driving. They will show a BlackBerry. I usually wonder if they have a bunch of old phones laying around for news segments like that.

Posted via Classic
    I'd attribute that more to the point they probably want a pic that shows a physical keyboard with thumbs on it to represent the act of typing, than any intention to bag on a brand.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    03-15-15 02:46 PM
    Now, if only people would use pictures of a phone released more recently. Still better than seeing an old legacy Curve or something though.
    03-15-15 04:39 PM