The only place I really see BlackBerry news is here. BlackBerry is non-existent for 95% of the population in 2016.

To me that is why Priv will not sell. Nothing to do with price and everything to do with no marketing.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    04-18-16 01:49 PM
    The only place I really see BlackBerry news is here. BlackBerry is non-existent for 95% of the population in 2016.

To me that is why Priv will not sell. Nothing to do with price and everything to do with no marketing.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    http://arstechnica.com/search/?ie=UTF-8&q=Blackberry

Ars is one of the top technology sites on the internet. Their audience is exactly the kind of people who buy cell phones based on research instead of emotion. Blackberry is much more well known than people want to believe.
    04-18-16 03:03 PM
    What's sad is that BlackBerry wasn't all that slow to create a music player for BBOS... they just didn't understand the importance of a way to get the music in the first place.
    I guess they naively didn't see the stock market traders and politicians needing a music store. I look around at the current advertising for iphones and wonder who in our company thinks our employees must be given a device that the advertising majors on shooting photos and video, and downloading music and games. Sure individuals like those things, never would complain, etc.
    04-19-16 09:46 AM
    Well yes, and no. I'm in Canada so I probably get more headlines come to me than our American friends, but for every positive story, there's probably somewhere in the ballpark of 15 negatives ones. Case in point, every article whether positive or negative always starts off with 'in its pinnacle BlackBerry was once at the top, but then the iphone came out and knocked them down, blah blah blah.

It's the same crap over and over. Want a way to brainwash people into not considering a brand, that's how you do it. Why not more stories on how they increased their emm market with the purchase of good, or their new tracking program, etc? It's always about handsets or OS10, and it always starts off as once the giant leader, now irrelevant

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 09:55 AM
    Well yes, and no. I'm in Canada so I probably get more headlines come to me than our American friends, but for every positive story, there's probably somewhere in the ballpark of 15 negatives ones. Case in point, every article whether positive or negative always starts off with 'in its pinnacle BlackBerry was once at the top, but then the iphone came out and knocked them down, blah blah blah.

It's the same crap over and over. Want a way to brainwash people into not considering a brand, that's how you do it. Why not more stories on how they increased their emm market with the purchase of good, or their new tracking program, etc? It's always about handsets or OS10, and it always starts off as once the giant leader, now irrelevant

Posted via CB10
    Because consumers don't care about EMM or Fleet Tracking.... and most "news" is consumer focused and designed to get the most "hits" these days. Handsets were the face of BlackBerry of old, "how the mighty have fallen" is a tried and true way of getting people's attention.
    The new BlackBerry isn't going to really be news worthy, other than in financial sectors.

Personally I'm not all that sure that the media is to blame for BlackBerry problems... their reports don't help, but when you look at the products it's clear the problems came before the reports.
    04-19-16 10:11 AM
    Windows Phone is looked upon as some great savior on here... and yet in reality Microsoft breaks promises (WP10 upgrade availability), lays people off (18,000 jobs lost after Nokia acquisition), and delays software releases. Their halo is about as clean as BlackBerry's.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    Halo? Pun intended?

;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    04-19-16 04:28 PM
31 12