I believe Blackberry is entirely at fault by not responding to iOS and android in a timely manner and making a platform developers are actually interested in. iOS 2007, android 2008, BlackBerry 10 2013.

No that was RIM....and yes, RIM screwed up.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    10-06-13 12:08 PM
    qbnkelt

Lots of negative coverage in the media regarding the apple update.
    What I aimed to show in this thread was that the level of negative press thrown at BlackBerry is unjustified when you look at the mess with the ios7 update scenario.

Posted With Z10 Via CB10

I understand your point.

Mine was to state that my upgrade on both my iPhone and my iPad were absolutely lacking in drama.

Blackberry is receiving criticism for a string of failures in execution. Delays to get the OS perfect them having random reboots is, no me, more impactful than a 40 minute delay in upgrading.

Security features vs convenience of access is a personal choice available through selections in Siri and the control centre.

It leaves me with no drama when compared to the randomly rebooting Z10 and the less than stellar battery life.

I understand your point. I simply countered with mine.

Cheers!
    10-06-13 12:09 PM
    The difference is looking back at both companies history and how things have been updated. Apple is relatively quick with sending updates. Blackberry takes awhile longer. Does Apple have problems....perhaps, but they have shown that those will get fixed pretty quick. Blackberry doesn't really have a great track record at the moment.
    And BB10's earlier problems were substantially more problematic for users like me. Reboots and the like are big issues.

Op, I can appreciate what you are trying to show, but your point about why people don't give BB10 a chance cannot be addressed by just noting some ios7 issues. It is a broader, more complex issue.

Every OS has errors and issues, including BB10 10.2. People choose their phones based on more than who has some issues. Also, not everyone has issues. iOS 7 works great for me for example.
    10-06-13 12:10 PM
    Now this is hilarious.

Apple pushes out an update that targets ALL (or nearly all) their devices sold since Q3 2010. iPhone 4 and up, iPad 2 and up. All at the same time, same day. A small percentage of users have issues and suddenly it's 'karma time' for some people here.

BlackBerry releases an OS update for just ONE phone (Z10), takes months to trickle down to all paying customers, still retains bugs, spontaneous reboots etc...just one device and still we have issues.

it took Apple days to issue out a patch for the lockscreen bypass security issues. Many BlackBerry customers had to wait months for the random reboot issue

Nah, no contest here. There's a reason why Apple still posts the highest customer satisfaction ratings out there...and Blackberry still brings up the rear.
    kbz1960, DJM626, TgeekB and 9 others like this.
    10-06-13 12:17 PM
    I have a 4th gen Ipod and Apple didn't update mine. I can't no longer facetime with the ios7 updated phone and I pad. Communication getting dropped

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 12:26 PM
    Now this is hilarious.

Apple pushes out an update that targets ALL (or nearly all) their devices sold since Q3 2010. iPhone 4 and up, iPad 2 and up. All at the same time, same day. A small percentage of users have issues and suddenly it's 'karma time' for some people here.

BlackBerry releases an OS update for just ONE phone (Z10), takes months to trickle down to all paying customers, still retains bugs, spontaneous reboots etc...just one device and still we have issues.

it took Apple days to issue out a patch for the lockscreen bypass security issues. Many BlackBerry customers had to wait months for the random reboot issue

Nah, no contest here. There's a reason why Apple still posts the highest customer satisfaction ratings out there...and Blackberry still brings up the rear.
    Did you forget the "BBM4ALL" aborted rollout?
    kbz1960, JeepBB, Etios and 1 others like this.
    10-06-13 12:27 PM
    Reading some posts today and laughing at the fact that so many people are slating BlackBerry it gives Mr great pleasure to bring attention to these unhappy Apple customers : )
    The biggest complaints about iOS 7 so far

iOS 7: How to Fix Most Troublesome Bugs and Glitches [GUIDE] - IBTimes UK

iOS 7: Common Problems Users Have and How to Fix Them (Updated) | Digital Trends

iOS 7's Most Common Bugs (and How to Fix Them)

Have a good read and hope these raise a few smiles : )

Posted With Z10 Via CB10
    These Apple finger pointing threads are getting Blackberry and CB nowhere.

The problem with your post OP is tomorrow morning there will still be lines in NYC for iPhones.

If you want to do some useful research try figuring out why that is.

(Now queue the small minded iSheep, Lemmings, herd mentality, and brainwashed comments that are sure to follow)
    kbz1960, TgeekB, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    10-06-13 12:31 PM
    qbnkelt

What I aimed to show in this thread was that the level of negative press thrown at BlackBerry is unjustified when you look at the mess with the ios7 update scenario.

Posted With Z10 Via CB10
    Better to have an update that's unavailable because everyone is trying to grab it at the same time than an update that's just unavailable.

Personally, I wish we had those type of problems.

10-06-13 12:38 PM
    What percentage of iPhone/iPad users got the iOS7 upgrade? How many does that represent in device numbers?

It's in the 10's of millions range I believe.

No roll-outs are 100% perfect, that's impossible to accomplish.
    But with the amount of devices iOS7 has been deployed to, the amount of issues represent a VERY low amount by comparison.

That's one of the advantages of a closed and uniform system - the amount of variances between devices wind up being MUCH smaller and thus the upgrade issues are very small and narrow in scope.

Blackberry couldn't even roll out a messaging application without all hell breaking loose.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-06-13 12:41 PM
    What percentage of iPhone/iPad users got the iOS7 upgrade? How many does that represent in device numbers?
    It was 200 million after the first six days.

Free iOS 7 upgrades blow past 200 million downloads - Long Island ipad | Examiner.com
    10-06-13 12:44 PM
    I believe Blackberry is entirely at fault by not responding to iOS and android in a timely manner and making a platform developers are actually interested in. iOS 2007, android 2008, BlackBerry 10 2013.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    OK, taking that at face value (and I don't completely), the past can't be changed. What happens now?

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    arfin likes this.
    10-06-13 12:46 PM
    Don't take it as an offence Apple fans.
    Look at this another way BB10 released February, a brand new platform from ground up and yes some minor bugs. Personally I haven't had any problems with my Z10. Then you have the release of an iPhone 5s with a 6 year os platform history. On release of the update there were a high level of flaws. If you have a security technology to add to your platform surely you'd have the sense with your extensive experience to pentest it before releasing to the public? Additionally the ios7 causing apps to lock out the user, incoming calls crashing apps and so on. Surely with extensive experience and such customer care you'd test all thus prior to releasing ti your dedicated customers?
    So in the balance of this instance I ask again why so much negative press toward the BB10 platform yet the iOS update was just chucked at customers without concern it appears. Again, no intention to offend but I think this is a fair point

Posted With Z10 Via CB10
    10-06-13 12:51 PM

It's in the 10's of millions range I believe.

No roll-outs are 100% perfect, that's impossible to accomplish.
    But with the amount of devices iOS7 has been deployed to, the amount of issues represent a VERY low amount by comparison.

That's one of the advantages of a closed and uniform system - the amount of variances between devices wind up being MUCH smaller and thus the upgrade issues are very small and narrow in scope.

Blackberry couldn't even roll out a messaging application without all hell breaking loose.
    You hit too hard on BlackBerry, it rolls out BBM for two different platforms.

Posted via CB10
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    10-06-13 12:52 PM
    It baffles me why so many angry apple fans/owners won't give the BB10 platform a try?
    But the reason why I mainly posted this is to shoe that Apple even since all the 6 years experience with their iOS are still making errors yet the BB10 platform is an awesome platform and only 8 months old. In all fairness there has been little in the way of bugs and already a new Z30 launch with what appears to be an excellent update with 10.2. So with this in mind it makes me laugh when I see people slating BlackBerry yet 'golden boy' apple is making some serious screw ups.

Posted With Z10 Via CB10
    1. Z30 and10.2 aren't available most places yet. The launch was pretty weak.

2. Apple users enjoy one of the richest app, music and movies ecosystems available. BB10 is still growing and has a lot of holes that Apple and Android have covered for apps. Side loading is also not a hassle most people want to deal with.

3. Most consumers still don't know that BB10 exists or that it is different from BBOS because BlackBerry has put no effort into marketing.

4. The brand BlackBerry has severe issues right now. It is no longer iconic and has a lot of negativity tied to it because of poor products and execution since about 2008/9.

5. Android has about what iOS has so Apple users are more likely to try out a Samsung Galaxy or Note device over a BlackBerry because of the issues mentioned in 4.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 12:54 PM
    imagine if iOS7 launched on the iPad without an email app.... oh wait a minute...

listen buddy, there are blunders and there are BLUNDERS truly worth bashing
    and unfortunately we all know which side BB is on
    Launched without cut/ copy paste in 2007 upon startup. Guess you forgot going through all those useless fart apps, some ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 12:57 PM
    Launched without cut/ copy paste in 2007 upon startup. Guess you forgot going through all those useless fart apps, some ecosystem.
    Well, if we're going to pick and choose, I could note that BBRY devices didn't include wi-fi support until 2008, or that the PlayBook didn't receive a native e-mail client for months. Different companies have different priorities.
    JeepBB, TgeekB and tack like this.
    10-06-13 01:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    2007 says it all.

We have to go all the way to when the iPhone was first launched until we find serving that serves your agenda.

Have you no shame at all?
    JeepBB, Etios, xanadome and 1 others like this.
    10-06-13 01:21 PM
    Don't take it as an offence Apple fans.
    Look at this another way BB10 released February, a brand new platform from ground up and yes some minor bugs. Personally I haven't had any problems with my Z10. Then you have the release of an iPhone 5s with a 6 year os platform history. On release of the update there were a high level of flaws. If you have a security technology to add to your platform surely you'd have the sense with your extensive experience to pentest it before releasing to the public? Additionally the ios7 causing apps to lock out the user, incoming calls crashing apps and so on. Surely with extensive experience and such customer care you'd test all thus prior to releasing ti your dedicated customers?
    So in the balance of this instance I ask again why so much negative press toward the BB10 platform yet the iOS update was just chucked at customers without concern it appears. Again, no intention to offend but I think this is a fair point

Posted With Z10 Via CB10
    Brand new platform?
    What was the Playbook then??? Was that not their first experiment into a new OS?

QNX this QNX that, seriously when you stop to think about it. It is a miracle this company has any customers at all after all the lies they have spewed.
    10-06-13 01:24 PM
    It seems like there are always problems. It's too bad people aren't open to trying new things.
    The question is why should people try new things if what they use works for them?
    10-06-13 01:26 PM
    qbnkelt

Posted With Z10 Via CB10
    With all due respect.......unjustified? Have you been living under a rock?
    JeepBB, Etios and Rickroller like this.
    10-06-13 01:32 PM
    Really, why would you switch when you can share data and purchases from iTunes to your phone, tablet, computer, and tv? That's what my brother-in-law told me when I showed him my Q10. Can't beat an ecosystem if you use it a lot and are embedded in it. And as he pointed out, it is great to monitor and keep his kids busy. So if there are a few things that bug him about the software or anything else, it still isn't a big enough problem or worth switching from.

Posted via CB10
    amazinglygraceless and tack like this.
    10-06-13 01:32 PM
    Apple targets ignorants and uneducated.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    Your comments show your own level of ignorance and stupidity. iOS is offering ways, via their robust ecosystem, to revolutionize the way in which surgery is performed - something to which would be impossible for "uneducated" people to do. See the following pictures as evidence: The only people that are truly ignorant are those that refuse to see the benefits of what a robust ecosystem can achieve - an ecosystem that is lacking or non-existent on Blackberry; and those who refuse to see the possibilities of what can be accomplished when a company strives to reach out to developers and work with them to develop new tools in which to create applications that can assist individuals lives.

Blackberry could have achieved the same thing had they, many years ago, reached out and actively pursued and worked with developers. They could have helped revolutionize the medical field capitalizing on their security and quality of their products and incorporating them within the medical care systems - they didn't. They ignored the possibilities that the new world of mobile computing offered in order to continue to focus on text messaging, email, and BBM. And the rest of the world moved on.

So no, Apple doesn't target the ignorant and uneducated - they target people who want to use technology in all aspects of their life - professionally and personally. And they have been successful at it. Something to which can not be said of Blackberry. So before you start making sweeping judgments about the competition, perhaps you should actually educate yourself as to what the competition provides.
    Attached Thumbnails And In The Meantime Whilst BlackBerry Bashing-42af6b35-46a4-4797-bc6b-1395286e74bc_rtx12reg.jpg   And In The Meantime Whilst BlackBerry Bashing-ima-ipad-surgery-14-650x432.jpg   And In The Meantime Whilst BlackBerry Bashing-ima-ipad-surgery-21.jpg   And In The Meantime Whilst BlackBerry Bashing-s-ipad-surgery-video-large.jpg  
    10-06-13 03:10 PM
    Once BB10 makes it to the PlayBook things will really take off.
    Lol...once BBM hits...and stays...

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    10-06-13 03:15 PM
    You hit too hard on BlackBerry, it rolls out BBM for two different platforms.
    Yes, but an application for 2 platforms isn't as major as an OS update on 1 platform spanning several devices.
    Applications are made available for 2 platforms every day.
    10-06-13 03:20 PM
    OK, taking that at face value (and I don't completely), the past can't be changed. What happens now?
    We're seeing what happens now... live and in colour.
    Blackberry suffers irreversible damage which results in the end of Blackberry handsets.

There's no way to unsink a ship.
    JeepBB, Etios and xanadome like this.
    10-06-13 03:23 PM
150 1234 ...