Not sure how old you are, but if you're relatively young, get used to this. I just remembered saying though, that you're a computer programmer, so I guess you already are used to it. Technology marches on, waiting for no one. As a certified "old fart" I well remember, back in the day, when all this tech stuff was new. I purchased the brand new, Atari Video console for my son, when it first came out (circa 1985 ?). I think I paid some $200 for it (which was HUGE in 1985 dollars). It wasn't but 8 months or so when I saw it for sale for $99 and then, the new model came out, bigger, better, faster, etc. I was so very frustrated, just as I was with the Commodore 64 that I also bought when it first came out. Everything with a chip of some sort, is outdated before it hits the store shelves. Even my Braun electric shaver is outdated, less than a year after I bought it. I gave up on being frustrated, I simply accept that I may well want to buy something else in the next year and that's simply the cost of being a techno-geek!
    06-10-10 12:34 PM
    I'd say these kids are starting to sound like a stuck record, but they wouldn't know what I'm talking about.
    .. well woulda said skipping CD but with Ipods and other digital music devices that no longer applies either ,.... pfft wait maybe records will make a return ,well maybe not too.
    06-15-10 07:19 AM
    .. well woulda said skipping CD but with Ipods and other digital music devices that no longer applies either ,.... pfft wait maybe records will make a return ,well maybe not too.

Why not, everything else is, bell bottoms (oops flair legged ) and the fat laces are big again... breaking out my adidas!
    06-15-10 09:00 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD