I am not able to view certain web sites on the BOLD as I did on my CURVE. I would like to install Microsoft IE, on the BOLD as I had on the Curve to allow me to visit these sites.

Does anyone know how to do this?
    Last edited by wxynot; 06-06-09 at 11:02 PM.
    06-06-09 10:57 PM
    It's possible you are thinking of the IE Emulator function in the BlackBerry Browser. Options / Browser Configuration / Emulation Mode. You can set it to emulate Microsoft IE. Be aware though, that this setting may cause problems with some websites, if they don't properly recognize you as using a BlackBerry. It isn't possible to actually install MSIE on either a Curve or a Bold.
    06-06-09 11:04 PM
    Thank you. But Microsoft IE is not an option under the Bold's emulate choices. I would like it to be. How can I add/install it?
    06-06-09 11:07 PM
    Are you using the BlackBerry Browser? What emulation options do you have?
    06-06-09 11:11 PM
    The only emulation modes (called Browser Identification on the Bold) are Blackberry, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Noy Microsoft IE as in the Curve.
    06-06-09 11:18 PM
    Wouldn't Internet Explorer and Microsoft IE essentially be the same thing?
    06-06-09 11:21 PM
    Internet Explorer should be the same emulation mode on the Bold as is Microsoft IE on the Curve. Have you checked your other browser settings? What are the symptoms of incompatibility you are seeing?
    06-06-09 11:22 PM
    The site loads data, runs the script - bar at bottom goes all the way to the right. Then just a blank screen with the magnifying glass cursor.

All my setting are as they should be.
    06-06-09 11:30 PM
    The site loads data, runs the script - bar at bottom goes all the way to the right. Then just a blank screen with the magnifying glass cursor.

All my setting are as they should be.
    Try the Firefox setting. This was a problem I had when I went from the Curve to the Storm on my companies extranet site and switching to Firefox emulation on the Storm fixed it.

You may also want to try turning off Javascript. I find a lot of sites like the New York Times and such get stuck and load really slow or freeze. Almost all of them still work with the javascript off. You will learn the 1 or 2 that need it and you can just turn it back on for those sites as needed. Too bad theres not a shortcut button on the screen. Really speeds up the browser on all sites.
    Last edited by techitrucker; 06-07-09 at 12:12 AM.
    06-07-09 12:08 AM
    Yes. There is no other IE except Mirosoft IE

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD