Help!

I remember when I had my Treo, I could turn it on and use the applications, without the phone being actually turned on and receiving cell phone service.

How come I can't do that with the BB?
    04-17-08 09:07 AM
    one of your application icons is turn wireless off. No more phone when you do that
    04-17-08 09:09 AM
    one of your application icons is turn wireless off. No more phone when you do that
    The icon that I have says turn Power off, I just tried that and the phone turned completely off. Meaning I would have to turn it back on to access the applications in essence having the phone search for a signal. I don't want the phone to access a signal, I want to use the applications only. Is there a way to do this?
    04-17-08 09:15 AM
    You should have an icon that is like an atena that says manage connections, in there you will be able to check off mobile network and that would turn your phone sevice off.
    04-17-08 09:22 AM
    Hit the antenae icon "Manage Connections" and there you can turn off the "mobile network" or all connections and just use the applications. This is handy during flights, as you can't have a wireless signal enabled.
    04-17-08 09:23 AM
    Turn Wireless off, say it clearly. No phone.
    04-17-08 09:27 AM
    Turn Wireless off, say it clearly. No phone.
    Dont think the 8300's have the wireless off feature, I know mine does not.
    04-17-08 09:30 AM
    Josh and Noregrets, thanks so much you guys. That helps tremendously!
    04-17-08 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD