If you're going to adopt an offensive tone and make personal attacks, own it, try to learn from it, and move on. Don't try to assume the moral high ground and claim that your right to self-expression has been stifled in some way.
    How many more of these insults must I endure and keep a stiff upper lip MODS. I walked away so that the discourse would be in line with what the MOD/S wanted to see, I kindly asked the poster not to post to me or ignore me(see my previous post),yet it continues. *sigh*
    01-04-13 11:44 PM
    and that is what is irksome reading the upteenth posts about why RIM will fail (after messing up so bad and still having enough good will, why not allow product release ie BB10 to determine what stance to take going forward? seems logical to me no?
    This is the approach I have been trying to advocate. It's not a rabid fanboy approach, more in line with knowing RIM under Thor knows what it needs to do and they are following a game plan to do this. Thor has in public said so much himself, what more of a flogging does anybody need/want,makes no sense.

25 days , sure would be great to have EVERYBODY on board!
    01-04-13 11:52 PM
    This is the approach I have been trying to advocate. It's not a rabid fanboy approach, more in line with knowing RIM under Thor knows what it needs to do and they are following a game plan to do this. Thor has in public said so much himself, what more of a flogging does anybody need/want,makes no sense.

25 days , sure would be great to have EVERYBODY on board!
    Takes two to tango. You keep replying and showboating it, taking your own advice is a good start of action. You'll find other mods issue infractions all around. I don't play that game, I will remove ALL who can't manage to act their age over their shoe size, no questions asked. Let that be a reminder to EVERYONE.

There has been more stupidly reported posts from this thread then all other threads in the past little while. Guess what? Not everyone who has a difference of opinion is a troll. Not everyone who has a difference of opinion is insulting you. Not everyone who has a difference of opinion is attacking you. Is it so hard to have a civil difference of opinion these days? At the end of the day, you're arguing about phones.. yes, phones. Think about that.. arguing about.. phones.
    01-05-13 01:41 AM
    The vets who criticize were once BB owners, and kinda have room to be critical, where the noobs who come in being critical just fit a different criteria.
    Newbie to CB doesn't mean newbie to Blackberry
    I'm a newbie, but I have two BB devices and I didn't buy them the last week. The truth is I should have changed my phone last spring, but I wasn't critical about Rim's statements about the Fall and I've been patiently waiting for the new phones under bb10 (which is rather nice to start). Then I found out the delays and I still made the choice to wait, which is even more nice, because I still pay money to Rim, maintain their subscribers base that provide them cash, and I didn't pay my money to the concurrent like others did in my case.
    Well, now I just don't get why I shouldn't be able to say it, because it is supposed to be "yesterday" (it is still my every day).
    Last edited by magutwit; 01-05-13 at 04:20 AM.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    01-05-13 04:05 AM
    Takes two to tango. You keep replying and showboating it, taking your own advice is a good start of action. You'll find other mods issue infractions all around. I don't play that game, I will remove ALL who can't manage to act their age over their shoe size, no questions asked. Let that be a reminder to EVERYONE.

There has been more stupidly reported posts from this thread then all other threads in the past little while. Guess what? Not everyone who has a difference of opinion is a troll. Not everyone who has a difference of opinion is insulting you. Not everyone who has a difference of opinion is attacking you. Is it so hard to have a civil difference of opinion these days? At the end of the day, you're arguing about phones.. yes, phones. Think about that.. arguing about.. phones.
    Is posting the same negative opinion over and over again in multiple threads not considered trolling?
    01-05-13 04:54 AM
    How might one become a troll?
    01-05-13 05:17 AM
    Is posting the same negative opinion over and over again in multiple threads not considered trolling?
    Trolling usually involves an element of intention to disrupt and/or posting to incite a forum fight. There's a pretty good working description here: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ml#post6276784

I would question whether "negative opinion" even exists. Having an opinion is a positive condition, so what is a negative opinion? If you mean RIM-hostile opinion, members are allowed to have whatever opinion they wish, and state their opinions while remaining within forum rules. That means not illegal stuff, not race/religion/political hate, not off-topic thread hijacking. From that it follows that the same expression of opinion could be an excellent post in one thread, but in different thread it could be provocation trollery.
    01-05-13 07:36 AM
    Yes

That's your reality, not mine, I don't dwell in the past. I look at the new management under Thor and the Blackberry Team and move forward, I don't get mired down in the emotional quick sand of the past,I'll leave that to the "yesterday syndrome" types to wallow in and cry themselves to sleep with.

Somebody needs to make a "yesterday syndrome therapy" thread, sure would go a long way in cleaning this up when I search for BB10 discussion,lol. Please somebody make it happen.

RIM burnt bridges. The fact that people like Q or I can consider giving them a chance again with a BB10 device speaks to their original goodwill that they squandered. However, endless sunshine and lollipops? Not sure I'd want an all fanboy all the time board. One could make the argument that people who can be critical yet still see the positive are the exact type of fans these companies need.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    01-05-13 07:45 AM
    I disagree with your perspective on the discourse of the conversation in no post did I refer to you individually,you obviously convinced a MOD otherwise, so be it. Do me a favour and put me on ignore or at least don't post to me again in the future, this way my future post/s cannot be misunderstood by yourself or a MOD in any way. Thank you.
    This is the defensiveness that really makes it a negative atmosphere.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    01-05-13 07:51 AM
    Newbie to CB doesn't mean newbie to Blackberry
    I'm a newbie, but I have two BB devices and I didn't buy them the last week. The truth is I should have changed my phone last spring, but I wasn't critical about Rim's statements about the Fall and I've been patiently waiting for the new phones under bb10 (which is rather nice to start). Then I found out the delays and I still made the choice to wait, which is even more nice, because I still pay money to Rim, maintain their subscribers base that provide them cash, and I didn't pay my money to the concurrent like others did in my case.
    Well, now I just don't get why I shouldn't be able to say it, because it is supposed to be "yesterday" (it is still my every day).
    not putting all noobs in one bag
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-05-13 08:34 AM
    How might one become a troll?
    according to wikihow, quite simple
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-05-13 08:36 AM

Everyone, all. Fair enough Bla1ze, thank you.
    01-05-13 08:53 AM
    Once a troll probably always a troll. For the same reason I have never been to a iPhone site and left a post about BB.
    01-05-13 09:04 AM
    Crackberry Kevin,

I look forward to your future posts/articles (as per your most recent podcast) in regards to cracking down on the numerous negative ill informed
    articles/tech writers floating around out there, cracks some whips, I'm 110% behind you as I'm sure many others are!

BB10 just around the corner, WOOT WOOT, so excited RIM under Thor is doing so many positive things!
    01-05-13 09:04 AM
    Crackberry Kevin,

I look forward to your future posts/articles (as per your most recent podcast) in regards to cracking down on the numerous negative ill informed
    articles/tech writers floating around out there, cracks some whips, I'm 110% behind you as I'm sure many others are!

BB10 just around the corner, WOOT WOOT, so excited RIM under Thor is doing so many positive things!
    i think you're taking constructive criticism and labelling it as negative ill informed posts. if this is not what you mean, then i'm afraid that is how you come across.

when you talk about letting go off the past, you do not take into account that RIM hasnt done anything to show that we do need to let go off the past. building blackberry 10 does not mean RIM has learnt and is a new company. RIM did all that before. How RIM acts after Blackberry 10, will determine that.
    you do not learn from past mistakes by forgetting them.
    I understand you're enthusiastic about the company and thats great. I believe under the new leadership RIM can turn things around. But i will be wary until i see signs of them not falling into the same routine again.
    So far things seem good, and i can not wait until BB10. but i will not forget the past mistakes, because they are still relevant, and to be labelled as having "yesterday" syndrome is frankly insulting. RIM will not redeem themselves with Blackberry 10, they will only redeem themselves by keeping up with the market and improving Blackberry 10. And i may even forget the past mistakes if RIM manage to lead the market in terms of progression.
    This is how i see it, and many others, and this does not mean we do not support blackberry, it just means we wont do it blindly. Words are cheap, action is everything. Things are going in the right direction, but there's still a long way to go!

Also i acknowledge there are a few negative ill informed posts in this forum, but they are not as numerous as i'd have imagined. I also look forward to the crackdown on trolling as i have faith that Kevin will not enforce a censorship, but merely get rid of the flame-bait posts.

anyways, only 25 days to go
    01-05-13 10:12 AM
    depends on what the opinion is.. if its is negative with no base or facts or even constructive criticism, then yes.
    in all honesty, i find constant overly positive posts that cant acknowledge the past more annoying, it was that very attitude that put RIM in this mess. nothing wrong with enthusiasm, but dont try and rewrite history, and dont denounce people who choose to remember and are still waiting to see if RIM have learnt. support doesnt mean it has to be blind support
    01-05-13 10:17 AM

this says it all really. people can disagree. if everyone agreed with each other, the world would be a boring place. but keep some perspective.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-05-13 10:18 AM
    Darkhawke, You have touched on what I value. What is important to me is not the promise of improvement; rather it's measurable and empirical evidence of improvement. I wait until Q3 for that evidence when it comes to the market. I also wait for the day the Z10 is in my hand with the apps I want for evidence of my own personal definition of improvement.
    Until that day, all there is with which to look at RIM are the present devices, the lack of apps, the present stock situation, and past deteriorating performance.
    Can't bank today on future unrealised performance and call a turnaround. Not until evidence is in that such a turnaround has happened.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-05-13 11:05 AM
    i think you're taking constructive criticism and labelling it as negative ill informed posts. if this is not what you mean, then i'm afraid that is how you come across.

anyways, only 25 days to go
    I'm sorry you misunderstood my post, I tried to be as clear as I could and I addressed it to Crackberry Kevin. I'm basically saying I agree with him 110% and look forward to him kicking some behind, this was gleemed from his latest podcast. Sorry don't have the link handy, maybe somebody would be so kind to post it. Watch the podcast if you can and my post will make more sense.
    01-05-13 11:32 AM
    depends on what the opinion is.. if its is negative with no base or facts or even constructive criticism, then yes.
    in all honesty, i find constant overly positive posts that cant acknowledge the past more annoying, it was that very attitude that put RIM in this mess. nothing wrong with enthusiasm, but dont try and rewrite history, and dont denounce people who choose to remember and are still waiting to see if RIM have learnt. support doesnt mean it has to be blind support
    But what happened in the past did not affect everybody, for some of us a BlackBerry is still the best smartphone and has never "fallen behind" so how should I view all the people that tell me constantly that RIM has fallen behind? They are right to a certain extent but from my point of view and from my use a BB is still the best. Show me a better qwerty smartphone better then the 9900.
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-05-13 11:44 AM
    But what happened in the past did not affect everybody, for some of us a BlackBerry is still the best smartphone and has never "fallen behind" so how should I view all the people that tell me constantly that RIM has fallen behind? They are right to a certain extent but from my point of view and from my use a BB is still the best. Show me a better qwerty smartphone better then the 9900.
    but the past affects RIM now. Look at the situation they are in. desperately fighting for 3rd place and survival. i'm glad for you the 9900 is the greatest smartphone with a qwerty. i agree. unfortunately our opinions doesnt change the fact RIM has made mistakes, and if they do it again, it will affect me and you if Blackberry have to exit the mobile market as our favoured devices will no longer be available.
    Dont get me wrong, Blackberry for me does what i need far superior to what an Android or iOS device can do, but overall for the market that isnt the case.
    i dont comment solely from my point of view, but i also look at the overall view.
    i want RIM to succeed, i want to use a blackberry in the future
    Thunderbuck, mikeo007 and magutwit like this.
    01-05-13 11:54 AM
    but the past affects RIM now. Look at the situation they are in. desperately fighting for 3rd place and survival. i'm glad for you the 9900 is the greatest smartphone with a qwerty. i agree. unfortunately our opinions doesnt change the fact RIM has made mistakes, and if they do it again, it will affect me and you if Blackberry have to exit the mobile market as our favoured devices will no longer be available.

Succinctly stated and quoted for support.
    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    jakie55 and darkehawke like this.
    01-05-13 12:00 PM
    Show me a better qwerty smartphone better then the 9900.
    That's almost like asking to be shown the best VHS player in the world.... Sure some people still use it, perhaps some even demand it, but it's not the dominant format right now. Sorry, but the world has moved on. To deny that it has, is to deny reality
    01-05-13 12:08 PM
    but the past affects RIM now. Look at the situation they are in.

Respectfully,

Past is done with ie.

1) Thor cleaned house, new upper management

2) Thor increased cash position and cut fat, when media pundits said otherwise over and over

3) Thor and Team Blackberry are read to drop a whole NEW O/S Jan 30 2013 , well ahead of other older O/S's out there

4) Dev's are excited

5) Carriers are excited

6) Many consumers are excited [did you see Kevin bouncing around << excited ]

7). Wads of $$$$$ for marketing standing by, ready to EXPLODE!

That and so much more makes their "position" very very good indeed, going forward of course.
    Last edited by TomJasper; 01-05-13 at 12:45 PM.
    01-05-13 12:13 PM
    Not everyone has the same needs or wants out of a smartphone. That's why we use what we use.

The big picture is not about just you, me, or any one individual here. It's about what the market demands. For RIM to succeed, they need to be able to appeal to them. Some here may not care for apps, cloud integration, high quality cameras etc, but the people who do, have spoken with their wallets and RIM's troubles as of late indicates this. For that reason, we should all care that they are going to be available, as the future of BlackBerry is dependent on it.
    Roo Zilla and magutwit like this.
    01-05-13 12:13 PM
175 ... 4567