Before during and after this holiday season tons of phones were new and our, some old ones returned at dropped prices, and bc10 spread word after the main hit.

By that I mean most potential bc10 buyers are on contract win wp8, ups6 and droid devices of so e sort...

Bb10 will launch Jan30, to far away and to close to the phone drought where sales across phone carriers and manufacturers fail..
    With that, it may be another pagoda. Struggling to get recognition and then getting creamed in late spring arrivals and the fact people from this holiday are locked for two years will make it near impossible for bb10 to get decent support.

Has ANYONE heard any trade in news for the new bb devices? Free or cut upgrade fees for trading your phone in may be the only way bb10 can gain those licked customers.

Sadly Verizon tricked me and I as well am locked. Unless it is given I may not be able to get the Bb10 devices and neither will millions if others due to rims late Jan release.
    01-03-13 06:51 PM
    omg, this is horrible grammar. i don't even know what you are rambling on about?
    01-03-13 06:55 PM
    all i got out of this was you are saying its too late for RIM. I couldnt understand the point to the rest of it
    01-03-13 06:57 PM
    omg, this is horrible grammar. i don't even know what you are rambling on about?
    Pretty dang clear even with phone grammar. They launched after a giga load of new phones and old phoes got cut the last 2 months and they are releasing at a time there is usually a sales drought around February.

Most of their potential customers are locked in contracts unless they have a trade in deal but carriers nay not do that and etl fees are insane.
    01-03-13 07:00 PM
    I think your typewriter has some keys missing.
    01-03-13 07:01 PM
    I think your typewriter has some keys missing.
    Explaned above.
    01-03-13 07:05 PM
    Ahhh, the virtues of a virtual keyboard with bad autocorrect software. ..

And no, I don't think it's too late for RIM.
    01-03-13 07:11 PM
    I agree ratchet. February through may is terrible for wireless sales.
    magutwit likes this.
    01-03-13 07:14 PM
    Here's how I look at it: I was eligible for an upgrade over four months ago but had my eye on the prize and not wavering. Most anyone who didn't wait did so by their own choosing. Sucks to be them.
    01-03-13 07:14 PM
    I'm with verizon on contract but have unlimited data. I'm buying full retail on release.
    01-03-13 07:18 PM
    Its simple math, your contract is up when it is up. There is NO WAY every contract ended in December and because the contract ended your locked in to something else. If you were too foolish to continue month to month with your provider until bb10 dropped then that is your doing not RIM. Now please go post negative propaganda somewhere else and let us fans enjoy that in less than thirty days bb10 will arrive and change how mobile os usage should be. Have a nice day.
    01-03-13 07:18 PM
    I don't know, I'm getting my wife one as soon as they are available. My work is just coming due, so a few there too. My brother's phone is almost dead so another there. Maybe it is just me, but I think there are always people looking for phones.
    01-03-13 07:19 PM
    It doesn't matter when they launch, it will always be after some other company has launched a phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-03-13 07:23 PM
    Its simple math, your contract is up when it is up. There is NO WAY every contract ended in December and because the contract ended your locked in to something else. If you were too foolish to continue month to month with your provider until bb10 dropped then that is your doing not RIM. Now please go post negative propaganda somewhere else and let us fans enjoy that in less than thirty days bb10 will arrive and change how mobile os usage should be. Have a nice day.
    Lol wit? Bb10 didn't even massively spread word iuntil Nov. After everyone already was preordering phones for Dec. Then in Dec when they were finally threw the bb10 news around at the same time new and older phones got massive price cuts...

It was a dumb move to bring it out this late in Jan, Feb till end of march is consistently a time for low sales in the mobile space, people were already in contract by the time rim decided to spread word after the holiday and pre- holiday sakes cuts.
    lewcat likes this.
    01-03-13 07:26 PM
    I agree ratchet. February through may is terrible for wireless sales.
    It always is, phones and game consoles until near April then summer sales start but there are tons of phones confirmed and rumored at that time and bb10 is releasing when the best selling brands will do bad. It is a large disadvantage for brand awareness.
    01-03-13 07:29 PM
    By your logic, OP, seeing as the majority bought over this past Christmas season, and are therefore locked into contracts, this spring influx of new phones will surely fail, as will next Christmas. It seems that they should only come out every two to three years as that is the typical length of contract length..... Anyone from Apple here? I think someone may have found a cure for your troubling sales :s
    Before during and after this holiday season tons of phones were new and our, some old ones returned at dropped prices, and bc10 spread word after the main hit.

By that I mean most potential bc10 buyers are on contract win wp8, ups6 and droid devices of so e sort...

Bb10 will launch Jan30, to far away and to close to the phone drought where sales across phone carriers and manufacturers fail..
    With that, it may be another pagoda. Struggling to get recognition and then getting creamed in late spring arrivals and the fact people from this holiday are locked for two years will make it near impossible for bb10 to get decent support.

Has ANYONE heard any trade in news for the new bb devices? Free or cut upgrade fees for trading your phone in may be the only way bb10 can gain those licked customers.

Sadly Verizon tricked me and I as well am locked. Unless it is given I may not be able to get the Bb10 devices and neither will millions if others due to rims late Jan release.
    Well goldarn it Ratchet, why have you waited until now to come out with this. If you had only told them 3 months ago, all this could have been avoided.
    Every month people have contracts that end and people start new ones. Some do hold off but some feel they can't. This happens all the time. Lets be honest, most iOS and Android die hard users are not waiting for a phone by a company that they have been telling their friends that was broke and going under.

Your forgetting people like myself that ended a contract early to get a new phone and be farther into that contract when I end it early to get a BB10 phone. Doing a quick search says that there is 100 million smart phone users in the US alone. So I think there are a few people out there that are overdue to renew, due in Janurary/Feburary or willing to upgrade early for BB10.

Does it mean BB10 they will be a success? No. But they won't fail because of the launch date.

James
    anon(3896606) and Bobcat665 like this.
    01-03-13 07:32 PM
    It doesn't matter when they launch, it will always be after some other company has launched a phone.

^^
    This about sums it up.
    Clearly OP's post was not typed on a BlackBerry hehe

On a serious note, it's not Verizon's fault that you went with a new phone, you said yes knowing that BB10 is coming very shortly.
    Those that want BB10 bad enough are either waiting with their upgrade or will pull the money out and buy it.
    And if you plan on waiting for your next upgrade then yes it is too late you you to get BB10 since BB11 or BB12 will be out by then
    They will be releasing more phones this year from what they have been saying. So they will be building brand awareness for later in the year. You have to release them at some point. Are you saying they should now wait longer to hit the major selling season?

James
    01-03-13 07:35 PM
    Lol wit? Bb10 didn't even massively spread word iuntil Nov. After everyone already was preordering phones for Dec. Then in Dec when they were finally threw the bb10 news around at the same time new and older phones got massive price cuts...

It was a dumb move to bring it out this late in Jan, Feb till end of march is consistently a time for low sales in the mobile space, people were already in contract by the time rim decided to spread word after the holiday and pre- holiday sakes cuts.
    People are always looking for phones.. If RIM rushed it out to meet the holiday rush and released it half-baked.. They'd be dead! Better to be safe than sorry. In the whole scheme of things, the more phones they would get with complete solid launch of BB10 far outweighs what they would have got over this one-time missed launch occurrence for the holidays. With RIM releasing the phones properly greatly minimizes the risk to their business, IMHO they make the right decision.
    01-03-13 07:37 PM

You bad person, confusing people with common sense.
    01-03-13 07:39 PM
    I'm with verizon on contract but have unlimited data. I'm buying full retail on release.
    DITTO.........Mee Too
    01-03-13 07:44 PM
    Well, look at it this way, its always too late for someone. Everyday, there are tons of people who just ended their contract with their carriers and are looking to recontract for a newer phone. There is never a perfect timing that suits everyone's needs.

Someone who has a WP7.5 Lumia 900 will feel that MS' timing with WP* was bad. Or someone who wants a WP8 phone, but his contract ended in october, so he decided not to wait and get an iPhone 5 instead and not wait. So does the guy blames MS for their bad timing? There is no one to blame in this matter. We make our own choices, and with choices comes compromises. We have to take responsibility for our own decisions.

I don't think its too late for you or others to get a BB10, if you really want it, there are tons of ways to go about it. You can wait till your contract ends, you can break your contract, you can sell your current phone and get a BB10. Its not like RIM will only sell BB10 in Q1 and stop it altogether or anything. Its not like the world will end in Q2 2013 or what. So its not too late for anyone.

I'm sure there are tons of us whose contract have ended months ago, but we're just holding out for BB10. Thats the decision we made. We could have bought tons of other great devices that came out like the iPhone 5, S3, Note 2, Nexus 4, Lumia 920, etc. But we didn't.
    lynxs_claw, DJM626, gorang and 4 others like this.
    01-03-13 07:45 PM
117 123 ...