Ok, I've heard that at&t is upgrading their towers to 3g (yay) nearby where I live, yesterday had to do a battery pull. Before the battery pull it was showing EDGE as my service, then after i put the battery back in it was showing 3g. Now its showing EDGE again, but if I was to do another battery pull it would show 3g.

Could it just be because they're still upgrading the towers? The upgrade isn't supposed to be completed until Jan. 31st. Just thought it was strange that it happened.

Thank you!
    12-23-10 03:00 PM
    not sure about AT&T but on Verizon we do *228 to update the roaming list. not sure if that applies in your case or not.
    12-23-10 03:04 PM
    It is not a dumb question at all. They could be testing the towers while they are working on the upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-10 03:12 PM
    not sure about AT&T but on Verizon we do *228 to update the roaming list. not sure if that applies in your case or not.
    Updating the PRL only applies to CDMA networks. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preferred_Roaming_List?wasRedirected=true

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    1812dave likes this.
    12-23-10 03:15 PM
    Ok, I've heard that at&t is upgrading their towers to 3g (yay) nearby where I live, yesterday had to do a battery pull. Before the battery pull it was showing EDGE as my service, then after i put the battery back in it was showing 3g. Now its showing EDGE again, but if I was to do another battery pull it would show 3g.

Could it just be because they're still upgrading the towers? The upgrade isn't supposed to be completed until Jan. 31st. Just thought it was strange that it happened.

Thank you!
    The might be testing the towers. I remember when t_mobile was testing HSPA here in Cincinnati it would flicker 3G for a moment then fade back to EDGE.
    12-23-10 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD