Hi..just wanted to share my findings to improve the battery life on your blackberry. I am on Z10 Stl-2 10.3.1.1154 . Apart from screen brightness and the obvious I have found these settings to greatly improve the juice.

1. Turn off Blackberry Protect
    2. Turn off Device Connections and Media Sharing
    3. Turn off "Use push if supported" in Email Account Settings instead sync every 15 or 30 minutes (the less you sync the more battery you save).
    4. Turn off all Advanced Interactions and Use Battery Saving Mode. (Allowing these makes your devices gyro to be constantly aware using more battery)
    5. Turn off 4G and use 2G instead.
    6. Find your App Permissions Settings and turn off "Run when minimized" for all your android apps and the Blackberry Apps you can live without. (Instagram APK has a setting for this. Even though when its set to Enabled you still dont get Notifications when the app is closed so make sure your is OFF. Same with every other APK).
    7. Turn OFF Full Voice Assistance (not to sure about this one but since i never use it I just have it OFF)

Now. I'm sure someone will say "Whats the point of having a Blackberry if you have to have all these OFF" and your right. This is just meant to be informative. Its how I currently have my device set up. If I need a file from my pc I just turn on device connections On and then back off when I'm done.

I will guarantee that your battery will last you twice as long as it did before with these settings..Added bonus is having the screen brightness minimized but everyone know this already. Anyways, I know a lot already knew this. This is for the ones who don't. Thanks Guys!
    MorgothPT and bjmc like this.
    12-05-14 05:53 AM
    Why not just turn your phone off altogether?

I'm kidding, and this has been discussed many times before in turning off all of the settings your mentioned. The problem is this isn't something you should have to do but if it works for you that's great.
    FranRamos and Paul86 like this.
    12-05-14 07:18 AM
    #1 & #5 is a no no

Posted via CB10
    MorgothPT likes this.
    12-05-14 10:52 AM
    Well i would use 2G instead if atnt didnt block my settings. Funny when i had switched my sim from my LG to my Bold i had fast service even web browsing was great on 2G. A few weeks went by and atnt found out or figured out i was using a Blackberry, and suddenly no more voicemails could come in. I made the mistake of handing them my Bold to have their way with to 'fix' the problem. Now why did it work fine at first before they knew, and then not so good anymore? (now i can not dim the brightness nor have a lighted keyboard anymore, and my camera quit, and the browsing speed got clamped down.)

Ok straying off the topic a bit, was just going to say i wish i could put my Z10 i on 2G for 99% of the day myself.

I also dont use blackberry protect. I want to get the bigger battery pack sometime, the one that just sits behind your phone.
    12-09-14 09:38 AM