Just looking for some input. Had an 8330 on Alltel. Had some issues with Alltel after I moved to VA from KS and since I am in the military, they cancelled my contract. I pay a ridiculous amount to them, and after comparing to Verizon, I will save about 120 bucks a month. My issue is I want to save my upgrade for when the Storm 2 is released on Verizon. I picked up an 8703e on ebay for about 30 bucks and will use that on my line until the Storm 2 is released and I can get it at the "New Contract" rate. My main question is, going from the 8330 to the 8703e; am I in for some ridiculous culture shock? Any suggestions for apps that work smooth on the 8703e? I would like to install the google family of apps, as well as Ubertwitter for Twitter support. Is any of this feasible, or will the device not handle it? Thanks for any info or help you can provide.
    08-21-09 10:33 AM
    I would think the device itself would handle it...as long as the O.S. is up-to-date....
    08-21-09 10:39 AM
    Just looking for some input. Had an 8330 on Alltel. Had some issues with Alltel after I moved to VA from KS and since I am in the military, they cancelled my contract. I pay a ridiculous amount to them, and after comparing to Verizon, I will save about 120 bucks a month. My issue is I want to save my upgrade for when the Storm 2 is released on Verizon. I picked up an 8703e on ebay for about 30 bucks and will use that on my line until the Storm 2 is released and I can get it at the "New Contract" rate. My main question is, going from the 8330 to the 8703e; am I in for some ridiculous culture shock? Any suggestions for apps that work smooth on the 8703e? I would like to install the google family of apps, as well as Ubertwitter for Twitter support. Is any of this feasible, or will the device not handle it? Thanks for any info or help you can provide.
    I just recently gave up an 8703 (work BB) and it is significantly different however on the plus side, the 8703 had a much better signal and battery life than the thing they gave me (8830). I can't really say about apps because I didn't install any extra on it since it was not mine. At least I can say that BB was extremely reliable. It never did ANYTHING strange or wierd.
    08-21-09 10:50 AM
    Thanks for the info folks. I appreciate it. I'm just hoping I can put up with the 8703 until the Storm 2 is released, or even something lese along those lines. Nothing in the Verizon line-up stood out to me. We'll see I suppose. Any other info would be appreciated though.
    08-21-09 01:03 PM
    You could always pick up a 8330 on Ebay or some marketpalce for $50 and use that while waiting for the Storm2. I know you won't have nay issues with apps or pretty much anything else you want to load. As the poster before stated, the 8700 series is very reliable but not sure you will be able to load "anything" you want with out an issue, they were primarily business type and not too consumer orientated.
    08-21-09 01:35 PM
    Gotcha v1v1d. Honestly, all I want is Ubertwitter and some of the Google apps (I.e. Maps, Voice, and the Google App itself). So we'll see. Should be arriving any day now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 01:46 PM
    I am with V, you should be able to get an 8330 for dirt cheap with the Tour, people are unloading them like crazy.
    08-22-09 02:12 PM
    I looked all over for a reaosnably priced 8330 and could not find one close to the 30 bucks that got me a 8703e. Got it yesterday and the thing looks brand new. Got it connected, and all is right with the world... LMAO Upgraded to 4.2 and the thing seems ot be doing fine. I loeaded Ubertwitter and all my google apps and it's running smooth with about 30 MBs free. It definitely takes some getting used to. But I am positive it will keep me happy until the release of the Storm 2 or (gasp) the Motorola Sholes. And, on a side note, I thought it was really cool that you can actually make your homepage on the BB Browser something other than blackberry.com. lol
    08-26-09 11:17 AM
    Glad to see you are happy with what you got. $30 is pretty cheap insurance for a back-up phone. I still have a Motorola Q sitting around for emergency use.
    08-26-09 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD