hi guys i reasontly took a visit to ireland and bought a second hand bb storm, it works fine etc but when i got home i put my vodaphone sim in it and it said invalid sim. ive called vodaphone and they said i have to get it unlocked to work on vodaphone in the uk. so i phone vodaphone ireland and they would only give me the code if i had a vodaphone ireland number, which i dont. they said anyone with a vodaphone number can ring and give them the imei number and they will give them the code to unlock it.

so my question is, is there any kind people in ireland on vodaphone that would be willing to phone them and get the code for me, otherwise im stuck with a useless phone thanks
    06-29-09 06:17 AM
    Not too stuck... there are loads of unlocking services if you search in forums for user recommendations, or even via eBay. The going rate seems to be around $10-$25 online with some reports of eBay at half the cost.

In fact... your UK provider may be able to get the code for you if you push. It is not under their subsidy so they don't lose anything.
    06-29-09 06:36 AM
    ive looked at a few online services and th only service providers they will unlock in ireland is o2, i was caught out by one with i paid �22 and it didnt work because they didnt support vodaphone in ireland, thats why id rather go stright throught vodaphone.
    06-29-09 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD