Been a dedicated Blackberry User for the last ten years, waited for the KeyOne, but couldn't go for it when the screen looked like my Passport and the vibrant S8 was screaming at me. As much as I love BB, been sick of being behind for so long. The BB Hub was one of the biggest reasons I didn't want to switch so when I found out I could get it on Android, I was sold. Anywho...My Blackberry Hub Services has used over 8 GB of data in like half a month. I shut off the data usage in the background, but still seems to be using quite a bit. Had to delete for now or my bill will be $400. Anyone else experienced this?
    06-30-18 10:33 PM
    Been a dedicated Blackberry User for the last ten years, waited for the KeyOne, but couldn't go for it when the screen looked like my Passport and the vibrant S8 was screaming at me. As much as I love BB, been sick of being behind for so long. The BB Hub was one of the biggest reasons I didn't want to switch so when I found out I could get it on Android, I was sold. Anywho...My Blackberry Hub Services has used over 8 GB of data in like half a month. I shut off the data usage in the background, but still seems to be using quite a bit. Had to delete for now or my bill will be $400. Anyone else experienced this?
    How new is your device?
    06-30-18 10:58 PM
    Impossible. Something else is using 8GB. Check the applications and sort them by usage, data that is. Whatever you installed is to blame.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    07-01-18 03:25 AM
    Impossible. Something else is using 8GB. Check the applications and sort them by usage, data that is. Whatever you installed is to blame.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    8GB doesn't sound likely but when I was setting up my A8 it hit 4GB in 2 days. Probably not the Hub that's at fault but an Android quirk perhaps?
    07-01-18 12:09 PM
    I had this issue and it turned out to be Microsoft exchange settings.
    07-03-18 08:33 AM
    That seems massive.

On my S8 with the Hub+ loaded, in the past month (I'm two days away from the next billing cycle) the Hub has only used 127Mb out of a total of 4Gb of mobile data the whole phone has used.

Now, on wi-fi, I've used 25Gb in the same period. But even then, the Hub only used about 500Mb of it.

I have two exchange accounts and one IMAP syncing, and all accounts sync forever.

Are you sure it's the Hub alone using all that data?
    07-03-18 08:49 AM
    This sounds like you were downloading application updates using cellular data.

My wife mistakenly downloaded an OS UPDATE (> 1G) which racked up a few dollars in charges!

I run Hub+ on a PRIV and seldom get over 2G for a month.
    07-03-18 10:33 AM
    A couple things you might check if you haven't already.. Go to Settings in Hub, select your email account, and check "Sync Interval" and "Email sync timeframe." If the interval is set to Automatic it will use more data and battery life, and if the timeframe is "Forever" it will pull down your entire inbox (and any other email folders you've selected). Same goes for calendar and contacts sync settings, but those usually are not very big.
    07-06-18 01:01 PM
    Hi, having the same problem for last 30 days.. I have checked the above suggestions but no solution. thanks for any more specific suggestion if anyone solved it.
    09-21-18 09:57 AM
    Hi, having the same problem for last 30 days.. I have checked the above suggestions but no solution. thanks for any more specific suggestion if anyone solved it.
    Wipe your device and start fresh. Clearly something needs to be reset.
    09-21-18 02:26 PM
    Wipe your device and start fresh. Clearly something needs to be reset.
    I am also having the same problem. It seems to have to do with lte mobile data. Hub seemed to be completely up to date and synced on wifi. As soon as I left the house it used 3.5gb. All attributed to hub+ service. I shut off data. Stayed on wifi for 1 week. Use hub as normal all mail was up to date. Turned lte on for 5 mins it used 500mb. Just like that consuming 4gb which is my entire plan. Something is going on with hub+ . It's like its trying to do a massive sync or download only on mobile data. It's fully up to date on wifi. MASSIVE Data usage for Blackberry Hub + Services-screenshot_20190216-193954_settings.jpg

The removed app is blueberry hub+ I have uninstalled it
    02-16-19 06:42 PM
    Sounds like a configuration issue. I am syncing seven email accounts using the BlackBerry Hub and have used a grand total of 24mb of mobile data since the beginning of the month.
    02-17-19 07:40 AM