I know that there are companies that will send out mass text messages for a specific price per text message (maybe 4 cents a text). Are there also companies that can send out mass amounts of PINs to BlackBerry's? If anyone has any information on this, please let me know. Thanks.
    07-09-09 12:23 AM
    I know that there are companies that will send out mass text messages for a specific price per text message (maybe 4 cents a text). Are there also companies that can send out mass amounts of PINs to BlackBerry's? If anyone has any information on this, please let me know. Thanks.
    You would have to know all the pins for each blackberry. I would think that only the huge companies that have all their employees on blackberrys with bes would be able to do that.
    07-09-09 12:27 AM
    I hear you.. do you know if the technology exists to do that? Or are you just saying that if the technology did exist, then big companies would use it?
    07-09-09 12:35 AM
    I hear you.. do you know if the technology exists to do that? Or are you just saying that if the technology did exist, then big companies would use it?
    As far as I know this service does not exist someone correct me if I'm wrong
    07-09-09 01:04 AM
    Are you looking to send mass PINS to your Contacts, or just in general?

Let me know what you're trying to accomplish, I may have an answer for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 01:10 AM
    You wouldn't think it would be hard to write a program that does that. But are you talking about having a list of PINs or just have a random PIN generator and sending messages just on the off chance it finds and active PIN? I bet someone here is smarter than me and knows how many PINs are possible using the current format of an 8 place alphanumeric number.

If you have a large list of PINs you need to contact, it looks like web2pin is made to do this.
    Last edited by skyboxer; 07-09-09 at 01:22 AM.
    07-09-09 01:13 AM
    To your BBM contacts, yes you can. To unknown BBM pins, not at the moment.

07-09-09 01:15 AM
    If it is a matter of sending a mass PIN to people in a Contact List, even a large one, it is just creating a PIN Group. As long as the PINs are available, a mass e-mail is possible directly from a device.

I helped one member set up a PIN group for something he needed to send via his Pin list. 400 people all got the same message from his group.

07-09-09 01:19 AM
    okay, thanks
    07-09-09 01:39 AM
    okay, thanks
    Cingular Inter@ctive used to have a product that efficiently blasted "duck and cover" messages to closed user groups and scaled well. Check with your corporate account rep on current offerings.

sR
    07-09-09 04:03 AM
    Anyone feel like explaining what the **** a PIN is and when you would use one? I know each BB has PIN which identifies you but on my BB it looks like I'm just sending an email or something.
    07-09-09 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD