I saw this article and thought it was pretty sad that they don't consider the Z10 or Q10 competition for the iPhone! This is blackberry main issue! The media is what is killing them! By the media not listing them as a contender the public will automatically disregard BlackBerry and see it as a failure.

http://mashable.com/2013/09/10/iphon...m-fb-main-link

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 07:10 PM
    I would say the Z30 would be and not the Z10. Its not out yet though so when it does maybe they will include it along with these phones
    09-10-13 07:14 PM
    It's likely more to do with marketshare relevancy than anything else. With BB10 at 1% of the market, it's just not that relevant for this kind of comparison. How many other phones (LG, Sony, etc.) got left off the list because of their marketshare?

It's not a media conspiracy...
    09-10-13 11:16 PM
    It's not a media conspiracy.
    You're absolutely right but there are a lot of posters here on CrackBerry that are going to disagree.
    h20work likes this.
    09-10-13 11:22 PM
    Nah its just media ignorance.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 11:32 PM
    I would say the Z30 would be and not the Z10. Its not out yet though so when it does maybe they will include it along with these phones
    I hope so.
    09-10-13 11:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nailed it.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 11:54 PM
    I wouldn't compare the z10 at this point. Carriers, consumers, blogs, and blackberry have all forgotten about the Z. As for the Q10, I think that's in another category. I think we'll see a comparison between the z30 and the iphone/droids/Nokia.
    09-11-13 12:03 AM
    At this point it shouldn't be listed....
    ...After BBRY deserves that it be listed then absolutely it should be.
    ...But at this current snap-shot in time - NO F'ing WAY.

I say that as an owner of both a Z & Q10.
    09-11-13 12:13 AM
    Its media conspiracy against BB plain and simple. US controlled media.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-11-13 12:16 AM
    Apple is just a target for Blackberry. BB is much too insignificant to be a competitor at this point.
    09-11-13 07:00 AM

BB Z10 Rocks!
    Lol a conspiracy requires there to be a coordinated effort from the top. COORDINATED. Are you really so paranoid that you think the US media sits in half lit smoked filled rooms plotting the demise of BlackBerry? Rotfl.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 07:23 AM

BB Z10 Rocks!
    Do other countries around the world have media and news outlets??

Plain and simple you compare a popular product to other popular products that consumers recognize as being in the same category.

Very few outside of CrackBerry know what a Z10 is.
    Very few outside of CrackBerry care what a Z10 is.
    Very few outside of CrackBerry would even consider buying a Z10.
    Very few outside of CrackBerry think the Z10 is equivalent to the devices listed, because it is only a device with no platform to support it.

If no one (or a very insignificant percentage) cares about your product... IT IS NO LONGER NEWS WORTH.

As a owner of a Z10 I HATE all of this.... but I don't blame the US, the Media or Wall Street. The source of the Z10 (and BB10) failures is a company in Canada that doesn't seem to have a clue.
    09-11-13 07:28 AM
    If they market it correctly, the z30 can potentially be competition for the iPhone
    09-11-13 09:46 AM
    looking at 'the competition' i see this, in terms of the iPhone5S relation to the other phones...

CONS:
    - Smallest screen size... with lowes resolution and ppi
    - lowest entry level storage (GS4 can be upgraded with a sd Card for cheap and the other two phones start at 32gb)
    - non-standard charger/connector
    - lowest battery capacity (by about 600 mAh, or in other words 2/3 the battery of most of those phones)
    - OVER PRICED!
    -------------------16GB for the same price as other 32GB contenders
    -------------------$200 premium to increase by 48gb to 64gb... GS4 can be increased to 80gb (16 + 64) for around $70 (same as Z10 and Q10).

PROS:
    + maybe a faster chipset (we have to see)
    + 64-bit chip, if all the conversions work
    + maybe a better camera

NEW:
    -/+ fingerprint scanner... have to wait at see

Im just going by the numbers on the spec sheet... hate me if you want
    we all know that right now Apple is playing gimmicks and hoping people dont leave the ecosystem they are so entrenched in.
    beamolite likes this.
    09-11-13 01:05 PM
    looking at 'the competition' i see this, in terms of the iPhone5S relation to the other phones...

CONS:
    - Smallest screen size... with lowes resolution and ppi
    - lowest entry level storage (GS4 can be upgraded with a sd Card for cheap and the other two phones start at 32gb)
    - non-standard charger/connector
    - lowest battery capacity (by about 600 mAh, or in other words 2/3 the battery of most of those phones)
    - OVER PRICED!
    -------------------16GB for the same price as other 32GB contenders
    -------------------$200 premium to increase by 48gb to 64gb... GS4 can be increased to 80gb (16 + 64) for around $70 (same as Z10 and Q10).

PROS:
    + maybe a faster chipset (we have to see)
    + 64-bit chip, if all the conversions work
    + maybe a better camera

NEW:
    -/+ fingerprint scanner... have to wait at see

Im just going by the numbers on the spec sheet... hate me if you want
    we all know that right now Apple is playing gimmicks and hoping people don't leave the ecosystem they are so entrenched in.
    The thing is Apple can afford to charge a premium for their devices and string people along with gimmicks... as long as they have an overall better user experience and as long as they continue to sell devices and to see growth. There is no doubt that Android devices and even the Z10 are a much better "Bang for the Buck" if you are looking solely at hardware specs (I taught we didn't do that??). But ALL of the shortcomings you listed are easy fixes for Apple - I'm sure they are well aware of them - most are purposeful designs to allow them to make more profit. The moment Apple felt truly threatened by Andorid, they could release a device with a SD card, usb micro connector, 1200mAh Battery (no sure it's necessary), and a 6" screen and sell it a cost for five years and kill ever Android OEM out there and still have Billions in the Bank when they were done.

BlackBerry on the other hand has a number of problems with no easy answers on how to even keep the foothold they have from slipping out from under them.
    carronbow likes this.
    09-11-13 01:26 PM
    So since I assigned the post (and chose what phones were on the list), I can offer some feedback:

We're limited by the code/styling we use for our tables and more than four items in a list gets tough -- especially when viewed on mobile. Trust me, I'd like to move to a responsive table type of thing, but it's just hard and tables aren't a priority for our dev team. So if we have four items to compare, we have to go with the three other phones getting the most traction and wider discussion in our community.

We've included The Z10 in past comparisons, but we didn't this time (or with the Moto X) because to be brutally honest, we've had VERY little traction with our BlackBerry 10 stuff. As Matt said above, had the Z30 just come out -- yes, we would have put that on the list. It's not out, however, so we can't do too much.

We didn't include the Moto X either -- or the LG G2 or the Sony Xperia Z or Z1. We didn't even include the Note 3! We included the Lumia 1020 because for whatever reason, we've seen a lot more sustained interest in Windows Phone than in BB10.

It's not a conspiracy, I swear. Trust me, when the Z30 comes out, we'll do a comparison with other oversized phones/phablets/etc.
    09-11-13 01:40 PM
    The thing is Apple can afford to charge a premium for their devices and string people along with gimmicks... as long as they have an overall better user experience and as long as they continue to sell devices and to see growth. There is no doubt that Android devices and even the Z10 are a much better "Bang for the Buck" if you are looking solely at hardware specs (I taught we didn't do that??). But ALL of the shortcomings you listed are easy fixes for Apple - I'm sure they are well aware of them - most are purposeful designs to allow them to make more profit. The moment Apple felt truly threatened by Andorid, they could release a device with a SD card, usb micro connector, 1200mAh Battery (no sure it's necessary), and a 6" screen and sell it a cost for five years and kill ever Android OEM out there and still have Billions in the Bank when they were done.

BlackBerry on the other hand has a number of problems with no easy answers on how to even keep the foothold they have from slipping out from under them.
    Well, at least you admit to the fact that they are milking the public from hard earned money... and doing it on purpose. that is the first step!
    09-11-13 01:53 PM
    So since I assigned the post (and chose what phones were on the list), I can offer some feedback:

We're limited by the code/styling we use for our tables and more than four items in a list gets tough -- especially when viewed on mobile. Trust me, I'd like to move to a responsive table type of thing, but it's just hard and tables aren't a priority for our dev team. So if we have four items to compare, we have to go with the three other phones getting the most traction and wider discussion in our community.

We've included The Z10 in past comparisons, but we didn't this time (or with the Moto X) because to be brutally honest, we've had VERY little traction with our BlackBerry 10 stuff. As Matt said above, had the Z30 just come out -- yes, we would have put that on the list. It's not out, however, so we can't do too much.

We didn't include the Moto X either -- or the LG G2 or the Sony Xperia Z or Z1. We didn't even include the Note 3! We included the Lumia 1020 because for whatever reason, we've seen a lot more sustained interest in Windows Phone than in BB10.

It's not a conspiracy, I swear. Trust me, when the Z30 comes out, we'll do a comparison with other oversized phones/phablets/etc.
    dont worry about the trolls here. It would have been great to see the Z10 on there, having one device for each OS, but there were obviously many phones left off.
    I do think that more people need to look at the Z/Q 10 as a device though and not just a phone from BB... BB is getting a lot of bad press, but this Z10 im using is incredible. Ive used the iPhone5 and GS4... great phones, but I LOVE BB10 an I think more people would too if they gave it a chance... but it is hard to give it a chance when everyone is either negative or just ignoring it.

again, not your fault... it was a fair comparison of the phones chosen
    09-11-13 02:17 PM

Thanks for the explanation! Wasn't meaning to bash The article just pointing out that there is lack of interest in the general media for anything blackberry unless it's doom and gloom.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 04:18 PM
    Don't see BlackBerry anywhere. It's so sad. Like they don't exist.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    09-11-13 04:34 PM
    Once again.....a brand perception problem. BlackBerry is going to have go fight and prove they deserve to be mentioned with the big boys. I think it's gonna take a stellar product from them in the media's eyes and not just good ones.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 04:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    The sad thing is that the media should not be ignorant. That would be a failure of BlackBerry's marketing department (in concert with BlackBerry's technology office).

Posted via CB10 1.4.2 on Z10 10.1.0.4181 on the Rogers Network
    09-11-13 04:38 PM
    Lol a conspiracy requires there to be a coordinated effort from the top. COORDINATED. Are you really so paranoid that you think the US media sits in half lit smoked filled rooms plotting the demise of BlackBerry? Rotfl.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm. Its not so crazy these days. Especially when there is money on the line. Especially considering...
    Mashable Article " iPhone vs the competition" BlackBerry not listed-these-6-corporations-control-90-media-america.jpg
    09-11-13 04:47 PM
    If they market it correctly
    , the z30 can potentially be competition for the iPhone
    They've been saying they would do this since BB6 was announced. They said they were going to have a marketing blitz for BB10.

I just wonder why they would announce and release the Z10 and the Q10 and not market it better.
    09-11-13 04:50 PM
30 12