View Poll Results: As Technology advances do divorce rates increase?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

20 52.63%
  • NO

18 47.37%
    When im using my blackberry everything around me goes unoticed.
    04-22-08 06:41 PM
    I think that technology can have a negitive effort on marriage b/c its easier to catch a cheater if there is an electronic trail. Men and women both use technology to chat with other people, so in the age of call logs on cells, spy software on computers, and even car GPS, its much easier to find out everything your partner wanted to keep private

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-08 07:02 PM
    The technology can add to an existing problem.
    Depends on the couples beliefs and value of their marriage. Divorce is not to common in my culture. It has only been within recent years tht we see an increase.

04-22-08 07:06 PM
    I said yes, my wife told me too!
    04-22-08 07:15 PM
    Poll question: As Technology advances do divorce rates increase?

Only amongst those who don't know what is truly important.
    04-22-08 07:29 PM
    i say no because you can look at all those marriages that happen BECAUSE of technology.

From personal experience----My husband and I played online games together for the first few years of our marriage. I called it our best years. Me killing him with my mad low ping skillz.
    I think we worked through our early marriage issues through the computer. hehe.

I'm pretty sure we'll see a crackberry.com marriage happen in the future.

*those who bb together stay together*
    04-22-08 07:37 PM
    Good point Baroness. Hadn't considered that angle.
    My wife has no interest in technology at all. She knows I'm kind of a gadget nut but it amuses her more than anything.
    04-22-08 07:42 PM
    as soon as the BB can give birth, the female population is done for
    04-22-08 07:56 PM
    I believe in this myself. The only solution is to find a mater that is into it as well.

I got my g/f a berry, which is the first step. She said to me today, "you going on crackberry?" as she went to class.
    04-22-08 08:02 PM
    I like my phone n all...but how can u put a phone over sum butt?? LoL
    04-22-08 08:07 PM
    My husband & I can't complain about the crackberries because we both understand! We are equally addicted!

So if your spouse has issues ... get him/her one!!!!!!!
    04-22-08 08:32 PM
    In the evenings you can usually find my husband and I in the living room with our laptops, or sitting on the couch, me with my berry and him with his iphone. When we find cool stuff we share it with each other. It's more interactive than couples that watch t.v. together or couples that read together. So no, I don't think it hurts a marriage if both parties "get" it.
    04-22-08 08:38 PM
    Its hard to really say..
    You can make the arguement that having such easy access to other women/men via the internet makes it easier to cheat..
    But someone mightve made the same arguement about the telephone..
    Or that when the tv was invented u got to see more of what was out there.

Plus there's other factors that lead to divorce besides cheating that have nothing to do with technology.

04-22-08 08:39 PM
    its fun for my wife and i. we mess w/each other all the time on our bb's. we've found something else we like to do together. "those who crack together stay together"
    04-22-08 08:41 PM
    Hubby and I are both huge techno geeks.

We've been married almost 22 years.
    04-22-08 09:43 PM
    i think it's different when both people enjoy gadgets or at least have an understanding.

otherwise, it could be bad news.
    04-22-08 10:53 PM
    I think technology can intensify existing issues. But, if using new technology causes issues, then, then buy your spouse one: my wife has her own "laptop" and her own "curve". She does her own thing.......and I'm free to feed my addiction on here
    04-22-08 11:17 PM
    I got a Blackberry for my wife........It was a good trade......
    04-25-08 12:18 AM
    Usually anything that takes a womans attention away in any relationship is deemed and immediate threat.....

Naw, I don't ignore people for my berry unless their not talking about anything

04-25-08 12:28 AM
    Naw, I don't ignore people for my berry unless their not talking about anything
    Thats exactly what I said to my EX-wife but it didn't seem to help.
    04-25-08 01:00 AM
    Yeah people get married or divorced regardless of their berry/smartphone. It just makes the process more efficient cause that's what the berry do!

04-25-08 01:15 AM
    [ "those who crack together stay together"[/QUOTE]

I second this.....
    04-25-08 02:28 AM
    The more subscribers....the more stories you hear about ******** situations regarding WoW.
    04-25-08 02:53 AM
    Divorce increased when arranged marriages became less common and people started marrying for "love"....ewww....
    01-27-09 01:39 AM
    I think that technology can have a negitive effort on marriage b/c its easier to catch a cheater if there is an electronic trail. Men and women both use technology to chat with other people, so in the age of call logs on cells, spy software on computers, and even car GPS, its much easier to find out everything your partner wanted to keep private

With or without technology if someone is cheating the marriage is DOOMED!
    01-27-09 01:55 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD