For the record, I like the z30...

Now to my point...

Whenever a famous person shows their BlackBerry, it's either a Bold, Classic or Passport. Although I agree with having an all touch option, BlackBerry should downsize their lineup for the next few years until they start making money on the software side.

I've never seen a celeb in the berryspotting thread sporting a leap, z3 or q5.

I think they should keep the z30, and it's successors, the passport and classic and their successors, and trash all other options if their not focusing on the hardware side of the business.

Porsche design products can be released in small batches.

Stay out of the consumer market for the time being and offer your government and corporate accounts a choice of these 3 BlackBerry phones and that's it. Focus on software.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    08-03-15 05:23 PM
    Are you implying that Blackberry's weak point in handset's is All touch device's... because you don't see celebrities with them?

With respect, don't be so gullible. Most of the products you see 'celebrities' using are strategic product placements. Celebrities are walking advertisements so companies offer them products and clothing to carry and/or wear as a form of marketing.

If Blackberry paid celebrities to use and carry the Z30 and publicly promote its usefulness (not a bad idea btw) would your perception be different?

Step away from the TV, your being hypnotized into thinking it's a reflection of reality.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    carullo and crackberry_geek like this.
    08-03-15 06:12 PM
    Blackberry doesn't pay anyone to carry anything.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 06:40 PM
    Celebs don't carry Galaxy Wonder or iPhone 5Cs either. Celebs carry flagships, because why not? They can afford them, and are often given them for free.

Granted, I don't think the Q5, Z3, and especially Leap phones made much sense (given their pricing), but my objections to them aren't based on the fact that celebs don't carry them. That's not really a good way to build a device strategy...
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    08-03-15 06:42 PM
    Based on what I have seen here in the USA, nobody cares about a PKB device anymore whether the faithful believe it or not.

The iPhone and latest Android devices have changed all that. Do you honestly think if their was a hint they could produce a PKB device and make money, they would????

But the majority and I mean 98% of the market will choose a touch screen device and not even consider a PKB device and that is the reality in today's market.

I would really like to see an an Android based all touch slider with decent specs and priced competitively where folks might take a chance on buying it and me being one of them. Just my two cents.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    08-03-15 06:45 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't market, so the celebs carrying BlackBerry phones genuinely want them.

I'm not saying a weak point is all touch, if you read my first sentence. I'm saying when consumers think of BlackBerry, they think of keyboard first.
    BerryRipe and crackberry_geek like this.
    08-03-15 07:19 PM
    I don't watch TV.

And BlackBerry's success will come from their strengths: governments and corporate.

If they're going to downsize hardware, downsize to 1 all touch and 2 keyboard phones. Then make money on the software side any way you can.

But stop wasting time and money making more phones that nobody wants!
    acovey and BerryRipe like this.
    08-03-15 07:22 PM
    If you look back at Chen's presentations, you'll see that at the Classic launch they had a string of celebrities praising BlackBerry. Chen's opener was that "the best thing is that I didn't have to pay anyone to say that.".
    08-03-15 07:24 PM
    You won't see Drake, Sarah Jessica Parker or Duff McKagan carrying a damn Leap or Z10 will you?

Tim Allen likes the Passport.

I'm saying downsize to the only 2 relevant keyboard phones that people actually like. But leave the touch option to 1 phone, the Z30.
    08-03-15 07:26 PM
    If you look back at Chen's presentations, you'll see that at the Classic launch they had a string of celebrities praising BlackBerry. Chen's opener was that "the best thing is that I didn't have to pay anyone to say that.".
    And the worst thing is that those praises didn't sell a single device! Most people still don't know BlackBerry makes an all touch device. People see my Z30 and are amazed and don't know BlackBerry made a large screen all touch. They never really made a flagship all touch that could compete with the other Flagships from the competition.

Posted via Z30
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    08-03-15 07:46 PM
    I had someone walk by my desk today an saw my Z10 and said nice looking BlackBerry iPhone. Is Apple suing Blackberry... sigh... Not worth a response.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 07:55 PM
    I had someone walk by my desk today an saw my Z10 and said nice looking BlackBerry iPhone. Is Apple suing Blackberry... sigh... Not worth a response.

Posted via CB10
    That might have actually sold.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 08:03 PM
    I really could care less what phone celebs carry. But I notice that most of them just have iphones for long, except the kardishions.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-03-15 09:02 PM
    Make sense to show only Blackberries with a keyboard in the media. There are so many nice looking all touch phones, why would they want to show one from an unknown like Blackberry that no one can identified with.
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    08-03-15 09:15 PM
    This thread proves my point that I agree with BlackBerry downsizing it's hardware division. Make less phones, put that money somewhere better.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    08-04-15 05:54 PM
    BlackBerry should just carry the following...Passport (the best), Classic (with better specs), Upgraded Z30 (great phone) and a new concept phone (slider).

 Passport Rocks 
    08-04-15 06:04 PM
    BlackBerry should just carry the following...Passport (the best), Classic (with better specs), Upgraded Z30 (great phone) and a new concept phone (slider).

 Passport Rocks 
    Isn't that how I started this thread?

Personally, I think BlackBerry is done making many different phones for the time being. I thin last time I checked, there were 10 bb10 phones...way too many!
    Batibreaker and BerryRipe like this.
    08-04-15 06:13 PM
    Heins was outselling Chen due to the reason BlackBerry had premium all touch devices.

The fact that Chen in a much better position than Heins and is selling less BB10 devices than Heins is pathetic. There is absolutely no excuse for it. More mature platform, installed user base and much better app situation. Chen needs to be held accountable for this!

The reason for this is no flagship all touch.

Sent via Passport!
    08-04-15 06:27 PM
    I wouldn't say no one cares, but the PKB is BlackBerry's niche. It may be small, but they own it. If they dropped the all touch devices it probably wouldn't cause much of a problem market wise, but I still don't think they will do that.
    08-04-15 06:28 PM
    Gee in my household alone . All my family use PKB blackberries. 8 in all. My niece of 14 years old fell in love with the blue BB Classic. She is getting one next week.

  
    08-04-15 06:28 PM
    That is a hardcore BB family right there!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 06:34 PM
    One thing I feel would be good for the upcoming slider is that it was low profile enough to double as a slider/all touch. What I'm implying is that those that have no desire to use the keyboard won't even notice it's there.

The BlackBerry Torch wasn't low profile. You could tell it was a slider. Now if the BB10 slider gave the impression of being a slab device first it would kill two birds with one stone. IMHO

Sent via Passport!
    08-04-15 06:38 PM
    One thing I feel would be good for the upcoming slider is that it was low profile enough to double as a slider/all touch. What I'm implying is that those that have no desire to use the keyboard won't even notice it's there.

The BlackBerry Torch wasn't low profile. You could tell it was a slider. Now if the BB10 slider gave the impression of being a slab device first it would kill two birds with one stone. IMHO

Sent via Passport!
    I would consider it if it was no compromise, but would prefer all touch. BlackBerry QA of late is way to shaky to trust with a bunch of buttons and a sliding mechanism IMHO.

Posted via Z30
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    08-04-15 06:47 PM
    I would consider it if it was no compromise, but would prefer all touch. BlackBerry QA of late is way to shaky to trust with a bunch of buttons and a sliding mechanism IMHO.

Posted via Z30
    I feel you there. I just feel that the slider should cover both aspects of the market. Look,feel and function as all touch slab, with the profile for the sliding keyboard being so low that you don't know it's there.

However for those that need/prefer typing on a physical keyboard it's there. IMHO that is

Sent via Passport!
    08-04-15 06:51 PM
    Leap, Z3 or Q5 are lower end devices. Why would a "Celebrity " carry one?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:21 PM
44 12