Hi People

I have just got a bb 8800 on tmobile uk. Found bb maps already loaded and ready to go on opening the software i get green screen with black lines, So i click menu and start gps..... (Looking for sats) Picks up 8 sats and then the speed reader works and it keeps auto updating but still no picture of a map... I can see 2 blue arrows in top right hand corner, keeps flash up for a few seconds then goes again. PLEASE HELP WHAT AM I DOINH WRONG.
    By The way internet and gprs are working fine on the phone.
    06-01-07 11:33 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

Thus far, you've done nothing wrong. I say, pull the battery, and try again. Also, when you try, try to be near the window, or outside. Maybe the GPS is not starting probably because it's not getting a good signal...
    06-01-07 11:52 AM
    Any luck on getting it to work? I have the same problem
    06-25-07 10:40 AM
    help lol
    06-25-07 10:54 AM
    You must have a BB data plan for the maps to load. The GPS will work with or without a data plan.
    06-25-07 10:59 AM
    I purchased a 120MB per month data plan for my BB Curve, is that alot...?
    06-25-07 11:08 AM
    I'm also on t mobile uk and I had the same problem when I first got my 8800. If u haven't already you have to put the correct apn settings for your carrier. Google for "t mobile uk apn" and that will pull up the correct info. Enter it under options/advanced options/tcp. Worked for me. Hope this helps.

posted via my blackberry

Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-07 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD