I just installed the mapquest for mobile app on my 8830 and when I launch the program I get the firewall error saying it is not allowed by my IT policy.

The BB has never been on BES and I suspect that this is a result of trying blackberry unite when it was released months ago. I uninstalled the unite software about 30 minutes after trying it and followed instructions in another forum to remove the IT policy on my BB. Currently the policy is shown as "no services". Although my firwall does show a red lock symbol next to it. Not sure if this is leftover from unite or set by my carrier.

Does anyone know how to get around this error? The quick google search I did showed a post mentioning that the OS would have to be reinstalled. I'm hoping to avoid going to such an extreme.
    09-12-08 11:40 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/new-...-policy-34665/

Your firewall padlock is almost certainly due to your brief experiment with Unite. It's a common result, and apparently very difficult to fix. The procedure I posted above is the only one I know of that will help.
    09-13-08 12:17 AM
    Yep, that's the post I saw in my search. SON OF A....
    09-13-08 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD