I have a Verizon 8830 WE with 4.5.0.101 and BB Maps picks up satellites and provides directions nicely.

But, after getting directions and viewing the map, my car icon just moves off the map. The map does not automatically scroll along with the movement of my car.

Is this normal? Is there a work around?

Thanks
    12-27-08 09:55 PM
    You have hit the menu button> then select start gps navigation. It should follow you. If you have laid a route onto the map then you need to hit the escape key to do the GPS navigation.
    12-28-08 06:51 PM
    I have a Verizon 8830 WE with 4.5.0.101 and BB Maps picks up satellites and provides directions nicely.

But, after getting directions and viewing the map, my car icon just moves off the map. The map does not automatically scroll along with the movement of my car.

Is this normal? Is there a work around?

Thanks
    Mine will some times do this same thing on my 8330. I just notice it after I hit N to get the next turn in my directions. And when the map stays with me I can't get the next turn/step in my directions without hitting N and the map stopping. GPS is still tracking but the maps stops moving with me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 03:11 PM
    I have the same problem with my Storm. The cursor moves off the page and I have to manually scroll to find my position. There should be a setting somewhere that locks the cursor (me) on the middle/bottom of the screen and lets the map rotate/scroll around it. Like a real GPS does.
    05-26-09 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD