I recently jumped into the smart phone world for the first time with a Curve 8900. I'd like to be able to track daily appointments and tasks on one screen and preview upcoming tasks and appointments with minimal steps. In essence, I'd like to mimic what I've been accomplishing with my trusty paper and pencil Day Timer all these years. Is that something I can do with the device as is or do I need to purchase an app? Which app is the best? I'm not especially technically savvy, so it needs to be fairly intuitive. Thanks in advance. Love my new BB and Crackberry!
    07-31-09 02:05 AM
    The tasks app will handle your to do items. The calendar app will handle appointments and any additional alarms you want. Both of these are standard on a BB.
    07-31-09 07:15 AM
    You can also use a theme to show your upcoming appointments on your home screen. By assigning the calendar and task icons to your home screen as well, you should be able to access them with one click.

Welcome to the world of the BB by the way! I've had my Curve for a year now and wonder how I managed before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 07:24 AM
    Tasks and Calendar will do this just fine, although they do not display them on one screen. You can have the calendar display tasks by due date within the calendar. (Options - General Options - Show Tasks).

You can choose a Today theme for your BB. This will put calendar entries on your home screen (along with new messages and calls, depending on the theme). I haven't seen a Today theme that shows tasks. Seeing that the BB originally was designed for business, it never made sense to me that tasks weren't on the Today screen, or at least a Today screen option.

At least you should be able to look at your calendar and see tasks (by due date) on there (they show up in day, week, month and agenda views).

The more I think about it, if you have your calendar in Agenda view, it will show all of your appointments and tasks in appointment/due date order. That may be just what you are looking for.
    07-31-09 07:27 AM
    Thanks, All! I'll look into getting a Today theme.
    07-31-09 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD