How can I better manage the usage of this forum on my blackberry. So, I'm not poking around where I thought I replied, or watch a thread develop?

I use the mobile site, maybe an rss reader? Not sure what others are doing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 04:29 PM
    i use m.crackberry.com and i click on subscribed to view all the threads i've posted in. to subscribe to a thread in wap, you need to post in that thread.

make sure your browser is configured properly.

browser-menu-options-broswer configurtion

all boxes should be checked.
    show images: on wml & html
    emulation mode: blackberry

Last edited by chrisy520; 03-06-09 at 04:34 PM.
    03-06-09 04:30 PM
    Wow, that was quick response - thanks I'll check it out

03-06-09 04:36 PM
    Wow! Thanks for this post because I was viewing crackberry from my phone with the regular site. Now I'm viewing the mobile site from my phone and it is much simpler and easier to navigate!
    MrsStraty

03-06-09 05:46 PM
    Get the free launcher from Crackberry as well, it will take you straight to the mobile site:

Crackberry Launcher

I even have one of my side convenience keys set to launch the CB site.
    03-06-09 06:40 PM
    i use m.crackberry.com and i click on subscribed to view all the threads i've posted in. to subscribe to a thread in wap, you need to post in that thread.

browser-menu-options-broswer configurtion

all boxes should be checked.
    show images: on wml & html
    emulation mode: blackberry

Yeppers, that is what I do as well.
    03-06-09 06:41 PM
    The mobile site is one of my favorite wap sites! Easy to navigate, read, reply, PM, follow all the latest threads!

A++

03-06-09 06:42 PM
    I definitely agree with you Chrisy. I was not a fan of it before, but I am slowly starting to enjoy it a bit more.
    03-06-09 06:45 PM
    Not a fan?! How can you not love cruising cb while in a bath?!

03-06-09 06:49 PM
    Not a fan?! How can you not love cruising cb while in a bath?!

I cruise CB via the full site most of the time via my BB. Not so much in the tub though; I would probably drop it and cry. I use the wap site when I do not have full 3G coverage; it seems to work better than the full site when the coverage is being a PITA.
    03-06-09 06:53 PM
    [QUOTE=chrisy520;1876141]i use m.crackberry.com and i click on subscribed to view all the threads i've posted in. to subscribe to a thread in wap, you need to post in that thread.

QUOTE]

Still don't get how to subscribe, browser is set right, but can't get to the subscribe option. Is there some special wap feature I'm missing? Not sure what a wap is?

03-06-09 07:16 PM
    wap is Wireless Application Protocol, it just makes using some websites easier on mobile phones. I find it a little irritating when the wap site is set-up so that you have to jump from one field/object to another to navigate anywhere on the page.
    03-06-09 07:44 PM
    to subscribe to a thread in wap, you need to post in that thread.
    Why is that? (I am searching to find an answer, but no luck yet). You can do everything else in wap - why not subscribe to a thread? I would prefer not to have to fill up threads with useless "I am making this post to subscribe to this thread because wap won't let me do it any other way!" ;-)
    04-18-09 01:24 PM
    Why is that? (I am searching to find an answer, but no luck yet). You can do everything else in wap - why not subscribe to a thread? I would prefer not to have to fill up threads with useless "I am making this post to subscribe to this thread because wap won't let me do it any other way!" ;-)
    I don't have an answer why it doesn't allow you to just subscribe in wap but I do have a solution for you. If you view the regular cb website, you can just click thread tools at the top of the page and then click subscribe to thread. You can do this instead of having to post everytime you want to subscribe to a thread.

04-18-09 01:53 PM
    Ah this answered my question about subscribing perfectly! I was just wondering about this the other day. Great post Chrisy!
    04-18-09 02:21 PM
    I don't have an answer why it doesn't allow you to just subscribe in wap but I do have a solution for you. If you view the regular cb website, you can just click thread tools at the top of the page and then click subscribe to thread. You can do this instead of having to post everytime you want to subscribe to a thread.
    Thanks. But I often use the thread tools to subscribe when viewing via the regular cb website, and I like being able to do that. That is why I wish that I could also do that via the wap forums. Maybe some day :-)
    04-19-09 02:40 AM
    It'd really be cool if we could post links from the mobile site. I spend almost all of my CB time on mobile.

But, I guess, until I can set up help links from my computer, I'll have to make due. Crack time is worth it.

04-19-09 03:30 AM
    You cab post links on wap. Just add the [url] tags.

is that what you mean?

http://m.crackberry.com

i use copy and paste for long addresses.

04-19-09 06:16 AM
    You can pretty much do anything you want on the mobile CB site. You just have to know the codes. In effect, as Chrisy just demostrated, you can post links or post images. In addition, you can change the font size and color. I am really not a fan of wap at times, but it is not that bad.

04-19-09 06:29 AM
    i wish the quoting and editing worked. Mine rarely do and i have to switch to Opera Mini to add links (edit).

the search could be a bit better too!

04-19-09 06:32 AM
    i wish the quoting and editing worked. Mine rarely do and i have to switch to Opera Mini to add links (edit).

I do not have a problem with either of those my dear. Indeed, search could be a lot better on the wap site.

04-19-09 06:35 AM

It does work with 4.6 devices and up. But on the 83xx it's hit and miss. It's a software thing. Sorry about that. :/
    04-19-09 06:35 AM
    It does work with 4.6 devices and up. But on the 83xx it's hit and miss. It's a software thing. Sorry about that. :/
    Thanks CX. I just thought Chrisy was crazy.

04-19-09 06:36 AM
    Thanks CX. I just thought Chrisy was crazy.

Lol, nope. 4.5 doesn't play nice with editing and quoting on WAP. But on 4.6 and up it's fine.
    04-19-09 06:43 AM
    OOps CBK. I was quoting you, and ended up deleting both our posts. My bad. I had put, that song brings back memories. Wow.
    04-19-09 06:58 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD