Can i manage 2 blackberrys through Desktop manager? So say i back both of them up if i ever restore one will the info from the other phone go to the one im restoring? i have A curve 8320 and my girl has the 8100.
    02-27-09 12:40 AM
    Yes you can. There should be an option on your desktop manager to "switch devices".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 12:46 AM
    If they both have the same OS (operating system) then it should be no problem using one DM with 2 phones. Just be cautious when you make backups that you label them, you dont want to add her backup to your phone etc.

Desktop Manager 4.6 would be fine for both phones - without media manager if you dont use it. To check the OS of the phones just go to options>about or hit alt - shift - h

Good luck
    02-27-09 12:48 AM
    Yeah both are 4.5
    02-27-09 12:53 AM
    As long as they match exactly you are fine. If the OS installed on your PC (which is on your phone) matches your phone but not hers that is the only problem that can occur. For instance if your phone is 4.5.0.131 and hers is 4.5.0.124 whenever she plugged into the DM to, lets say install a theme, it would attempt to install the newer OS (or older depending what phone gets plugged in / and what OS is loaded on the machine) which is 4.5.0.131 - make sense? Not a bad thing really just wanted you to have the heads up..........

Welcome to Crackberry..... Anymore questions just ask on the forums - if you are ever bored take a look at the first link in my sig for some good info...
    02-27-09 01:00 AM
    Tremortality shows me up again! LOL!

I forgot to welcome you Method! So I offer you a belated welcome to Crackberry! You will
    learn tons of fun, useless, and informative things here. Jump into the fray with both feet!

02-27-09 01:06 AM
    Yeah lost of great info. I been passing by for a while but never posted anything or asked anything but know that i know i can do a whole lot of things i have the courage to actually try and do it. lol. and thanks for the welcomes.
    02-27-09 01:10 AM
    Tremortality shows me up again! LOL!

Never!! Kangaruex, never.

Your welcome Method, take care.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-27-09 at 01:32 AM.
    02-27-09 01:12 AM
    Yeah lost of great info. I been passing by for a while but never posted anything or asked anything but know that i know i can do a whole lot of things i have the courage to actually try and do it. lol. and thanks for the welcomes.
    You are welcome Method. Don't be hesitant to ask questions. Someone on here will always be able to answer it. So if you ever need help, ask for it and if you can help, offer it!

02-27-09 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD