Nothing is perfect. In short, you'll NEVER be satisfied with your phone.
    04-26-10 09:09 PM
    Do you not realize that other people have different opinions? You cannot expect everyone to agree with you.
    Never said anywhere about anyone agreeing with me.
    04-26-10 09:12 PM
    You're just having a moan because you want a shinier toy
    04-26-10 09:12 PM
    Well you argue and rant then basically attack anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view.

Why even rant about this topic? If you don't like BB, then go buy whatever kind of phone you want. Simple as that.

I didn't like my Windows Mobile phone so I returned it. Easy as that.
    04-26-10 09:13 PM
    And what I was trying to say but obviously failed is that BBs never had an edge in the first place.

What do you want an 'edge' for? I don't need an electronic device to describe me as a person. It's a tool for getting things done, it does them well, and it'll carry on doing it well no matter what's going on over the fence.

If you don't get the grin any more I'm not arguing that, but my point is it's not the phone that makes me happy but the work I get done on it.
    Simply compare the newest droid to the newest bb. They have all this money yet all these other phone companies cant dish out new phones month after month. Where is BB with theirs? And don't say they're trying to perfect a product cause already they're pulling tours off the shelf. I do everything on my bb but what does bb have that 99.9% out now can't do?
    04-26-10 09:15 PM
    Well you argue and rant then basically attack anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view.

Why even rant about this topic? If you don't like BB, then go buy whatever kind of phone you want. Simple as that.

I didn't like my Windows Mobile phone so I returned it. Easy as that.
    Argue and attack? Show me anywhere where I "attacked" someone. If you can't handle people expressing their opinions and views on a forum, then hit the X on the top of your screen.
    04-26-10 09:17 PM
    Why fix what's not broken? Except for the OS's though. They need a lot of work :/
    04-26-10 09:20 PM
    Simply compare the newest droid to the newest bb. They have all this money yet all these other phone companies cant dish out new phones month after month. Where is BB with theirs? And don't say they're trying to perfect a product cause already they're pulling tours off the shelf. I do everything on my bb but what does bb have that 99.9% out now can't do?
    Stop whining!

Go and buy a droid like xxtrublexx says. I really don't care lol!

And read what I wrote. I said the product had been sorted for a long time. It's already perfected for what I need it to do, and so long as I need to make calls, emails, text, blog updates and BBM, my lowly Curve will fit my needs for another two years.

I'm trying to explain to you that I, and many other people do not need a new phone to make our lives better. You clearly do, so do yourself a favour and get one mate!

(Life or phone, or both!)
    04-26-10 09:21 PM
    Why fix what's not broken? Except for the OS's though. They need a lot of work :/
    OS is what makes a bb a bb.
    Damn I'm 18 and you guys are making me feel old because I don't want RIM to slap in al of the latest glintzy crap as soon as it's developed, but instead wait until it is as finalized as possible with most of the bugs ironed out. Sure, it would be nice if every five years or so they do at least a partial rewrite of the code to make it more efficient, but not so often that it causes incompatibilities and brand new and severe bugs.
    Stop whining!

And read what I wrote. I said the product had been sorted for a long time. It's already perfected for what I need it to do, and so long as I need to make calls, emails, text, blog updates and BBM, my lowly Curve will fit my needs for another two years.

I'm trying to explain to you that I, and many other people do not need a new phone to make our lives better. You clearly do, so do yourself a favour and get one mate!
    Yeah, let me stop whining, just like 85% of this forum does with problems/complaints. Apparently posting a question is now whining according to you. "It's already perfected for what I need it to do" yeah, for what YOU need to do. What about everyone else? Clearly, I asked if anyone else feels the same way I did in the original post. Didn't ask if it does what YOU need it to do. And I don't need a new phone to make my life better. For what you pay a month with a blackberry plan, you can get a 5x faster phone and all the same stuff.
    04-26-10 09:25 PM

Always great when someone says get a life when their posting on the same forum as you. Shows you how dumb people are.
    04-26-10 09:27 PM
    Always great when someone says get a life when their posting on the same forum as you. Shows you how dumb people are.
    If RIM isn't doing it for YOU then you've answered your own questions.

So what are you still doing here? Go and get your new phone and stop winding yourself up.

I'm not the one having sleepless nights about whether a Droid is 'x' times faster than my Curve for the same money. And it wouldn't be in real life anyway, since I don't play games.

Sounds like you need a device that will let you play a lot of games on it.
    04-26-10 09:32 PM
    If RIM isn't doing it for YOU then you've answered your own questions.

So what are you still doing here? Go and get your new phone and stop winding yourself up.

I'm not the one having sleepless nights about whether a Droid is 'x' times faster than my Curve for the same money. And it wouldn't be in real life anyway, since I don't play games.

Sounds like you need a device that will let you play games on.
    You should probably go back and read some of my original posts. Yeah, now I'm having sleepless nights according to you. Apparently everyone with a problem or issue on this site/forum has no life and sleepless nights. Brickbreaker is uninstalled on my bb, no games here my british friend.
    04-26-10 09:36 PM
    You should probably go back and read some of my original posts. Yeah, now I'm having sleepless nights according to you. Apparently everyone with a problem or issue on this site/forum has no life and sleepless nights. Brickbreaker is uninstalled on my bb, no games here my british friend.
    Oooooh! Now we're bringing country into it!

I read all of your posts, and my first response I thought was a pretty fair expression of a moderate opinion. You got the hump with it and now you're hitting the F5 key to see what's being written next.

I'm going to leave it here, there's nothing more to say. You want a faster phone with bells and whistles, the Droid makes your BB look like junk, I'm happy with mine and we have a difference of opinion.

Probably should have posted this in the Droid section if you wanted everyone to agree with you.

Anyway, nighty night darling, it's late here in England and my butler's just informed me that my bed is warmed.
    04-26-10 09:41 PM
    Stop whining!

You can go another 2 years with no change on a 8310 Curve? Wow!
    04-26-10 09:41 PM
    Oooooh! Now we're bringing country into it!

I read all of your posts, and my first response I thought was a pretty fair expression of a moderate opinion. You got the hump with it and now you're hitting the F5 key to see what's being written next.

I'm going to leave it here, there's nothing more to say. You want a faster phone with bells and whistles, the Droid makes your BB look like junk, I'm happy with mine and we have a difference of opinion.

Probably should have posted this in the Droid section if you wanted everyone to agree with you.

Anyway, nighty night darling, it's late here in England and my butler's just informed me that my bed is warmed.
    i've spent too much time talking to you. talking and sharing differences with a brit is like slamming your hand in a car door
    04-26-10 09:42 PM
    You can go another 2 years with no change on a 8310 Curve? Wow!
    (probably not but you know, in the heat of the moment, it seemed like a good thing to say at the time)
    04-26-10 09:42 PM
    i've spent too much time talking to you. talking and sharing differences with a brit is like slamming your hand in a car door
    To be fair, we're usually right.
    04-26-10 09:43 PM
    To be fair, we're usually right.
    Shouldn't you be in your bed? I thought your butler informed you the bed was warmed. In reality, I think his mom is yelling at him it's too late to be on the computer and to go to sleep cause he has a math test tomorrow.
    04-26-10 09:44 PM
    In my opinion the upper echelon at RIM still views their product the way Lincoln does trucks. Lincoln doesn't market their trucks as direct competitors to the leading truck manufacturers. Instead they continue to appeal to their core demographic, which are consumers looking for quality, luxury and elegance. Their trucks are just an extension of the aforementioned with the "functionality" of a pick-up truck. RIM continues to market their product to what they view as their core demographic with multimedia "functionality" as opposed to a multimedia powerhouse with email functionality. As most evident by their foray into the touch-screen world with the Storm, RIM recognizes the desires of their consumers and it will just take some time before multimedia juggernaut/email juggernaut are both synonymous with Blackberry... With that said, the HTC EVO does look nice lol
    04-26-10 10:04 PM
    In my opinion the upper echelon at RIM still views their product the way Lincoln does trucks. Lincoln doesn't market their trucks as direct competitors to the leading truck manufacturers. Instead they continue to appeal to their core demographic, which are consumers looking for quality, luxury and elegance. Their trucks are just an extension of the aforementioned with the "functionality" of a pick-up truck. RIM continues to market their product to what they view as their core demographic with multimedia "functionality" as opposed to a multimedia powerhouse with email functionality. As most evident by their foray into the touch-screen world with the Storm, RIM recognizes the desires of their consumers and it will just take some time before multimedia juggernaut/email juggernaut are both synonymous with Blackberry... lol
    agree, the mark LT is soo nice
    04-26-10 10:24 PM
    What is it that the Droid, or any other smartphone, can do that makes BBs such crap? Recharge themselves from the energy received by a cell tower?

Please...
    04-26-10 10:42 PM
    I love my Curve just the way it is. Had the Samsung Instinct before that -- what a toy! -- so I can really appreciate the BlackBerry's functionality. Anyway, I'm sure RIM isn't stupid enough to turn the BlackBerry into an i-whatever or droid. (At least I hope not!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 11:03 PM
    Oh my! This thread is politically incorrect and full of sh1t.
    Subscribed..... I completely agree that the Droid OS is kicking BB's @SS. That is why RIM is finally giving us 6.0 and the web kit browser. They are way behind in the smart phone media wars and they know it. Competition amongst companies is good for consumers. As for hating on the Brits. Shame!!!! I think their accent is sexy and who doesn't like cookies in the middle of the day?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 11:03 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD