Anyone else feel like their blackberry is getting outdated too quickly? Even with some of the newest models, they don't do what new phones do. I have a verizon 8330 and I love it. But the droid makes my blackberry look like garbage. Even with what verizon offers, the tour, new curve, it makes these look terrible. New droid comes out in a few days on verizon and I'm seriously considering in making the jump. I think the only thing keeping me on my BB now is BBM/bbm group chats. Anyone else feel this way? Should I stick it out and see what happens with BB and verizon in the near future? BTW.. check out the new droid that verizon is coming out with.. RIDIC!
    04-26-10 06:43 PM
    Don't say that around here, a lot of BB users refuse to take their heads out of the sand and see the truth of what RIM is doing.
    04-26-10 06:45 PM
    Regardless its the truth. I love my BB and have been faithful for a long time but what have we been getting lately with upgrades? Flashy new case/cover/keyboard and a new OS that does pretty much the same stuff?... Come on..
    04-26-10 06:47 PM
    Yup, I agree with you all the way. The smartphone world has left RIM behind....
    04-26-10 06:49 PM
    The OS has basically been the same since Blackberries were created but that's what makes everyone love them.
    I left my BB(s), for a Droid and now with all these new devices RIM is releasing (specifically the new Pearl 3G) I want to go back!
    04-26-10 06:53 PM
    i definitely agree with you sooner or later RIM will see the light and pull through.
    hopefully.
    04-26-10 06:53 PM
    Have you seen the droid verizon is putting out in a few days? RIM won't come out with something like that in atleast 2 years.. IF THAT.
    04-26-10 06:58 PM
    Have you seen the droid verizon is putting out in a few days? RIM won't come out with something like that in atleast 2 years.. IF THAT.
    I will not purchase a HTC Droid Incredible, I dislike full touchscreen phones, even though I had an S1.
    The more I think about it, I miss my BB.
    04-26-10 07:02 PM
    Threads like this make me cry. So the phone doesn't meet your requirements so it's garbage? Why not do the smart thing and actually research what you purchase so you get what you need?

And by extension you've called just about every phone out there worthless as there are many with lesser capabilities than and BB. I just don't get it. I could go on forever about this but whatever.
    04-26-10 07:16 PM
    if you dont like your current device simply buy the one you like. then in two months when that one doesnt meet every expectation, go to the next one. there's always going to be a better device as technology continues to improve. last time I looked, RIM wasnt doing so bad, despite claims of their emanate demise
    04-26-10 07:31 PM
    It just doesn't ever seem like a good idea to bash an entire company because it goes against your personal preferences. There are a lot more bb users than any other smartphone user out there. Kinda makes it difficult to put any credibility behind calling their devices garbage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 07:39 PM
    There are certain features I wish they would update. File Manager Pro is a much better file explorer than the one RIM has on my device. I can quickly jump to a folder by typing the first letter of the folder. I'm unable to do this with my BlackBerry. With File Manager Pro I can also select multiple files from within a folder to attach to an Email. Without this application, I have to attach each file separately. I also wish there was a check box next to each attachment so you could have the option to download multiple attachments at once. It would be nice to have those attachments download while you do something else, then once they're finished downloading you can carry on what you were doing. Rather than having to sit there and download every single file, one at a time. Perhaps OS 5.0 or OS 6.0 has those features. If it wasn't for File Manager Pro, Quick Launch, and Opera Mini I would have given up on my BlackBerry phone a long time ago. 3rd party applications are great, but they should not be the saving grace for someone not getting rid of your product. I'm sure Opera Mini and Bolt have kept a lot of us as BlackBerry customers. I had given up on the default browser a long time ago. The 3rd party browsers are what's keeping me content for the moment.

04-26-10 07:41 PM
    And I don't expect them to (and would not be surprised). But you have to admit that RIM is respected by many ppl , businesses, govt's. etc.
    04-26-10 07:56 PM
    Lot of negative vibes around here today. I've been gone for a couple of weeks, busy with work... Lots of work on the Bold

I've come back to this, the third or so post today complaining that RIM is old hat.

Where's the CrackBerry love people??

04-26-10 08:19 PM
    I have a bb tour and it feels old allready. SMH!!! And the damn thing hasn't even been out for a year.

04-26-10 08:19 PM
    Anyone else feel like their blackberry is getting outdated too quickly? Even with some of the newest models, they don't do what new phones do. I have a verizon 8330 and I love it. But the droid makes my blackberry look like garbage. Even with what verizon offers, the tour, new curve, it makes these look terrible. New droid comes out in a few days on verizon and I'm seriously considering in making the jump. I think the only thing keeping me on my BB now is BBM/bbm group chats. Anyone else feel this way? Should I stick it out and see what happens with BB and verizon in the near future? BTW.. check out the new droid that verizon is coming out with.. RIDIC!
    nope; sorry. totally disagree witt you
    04-26-10 08:28 PM
    Get a Blackberry. and an Android device. Best of both worlds. I'm constantly working on my Blackberry, and all that serious stuff. Yet, I lust for more than what a Blackberry can deliver. Nevertheless, being on the go, a physical keypad and Blackberry's services are by far the best at increasing my productivity. Therefore, my BOLD 9000 gets the priority. I can't live without it, and I can live without a touchscreen device (HTC Desire, as lovely as it may be..).

At the end of the day, it all comes down to preferences. I guess with the rate of innovation these days in technology, you can just never be satisfied with a single choice. Atleast, that's how it is for me.
    04-26-10 08:31 PM
    I have a bb tour and it feels old already. SMH!!! And the damn thing hasn't even been out for a year.

Really? Your Tour feels old? I really like mine. But I have heard this complaint numerous times. I look at my bb like my laptop. Laptop computers can be used for a lot of things. I have friends who do things with their computers that I didn't even know was possible. When they look for a computer to buy, they look at the computer differently than I look at computers. I need to know that the keyboard feels good and that it has Word, Excel, and Power Point. I don't need a web cam or a super fast processor. The only thing that I will do with it is light browsing, and downloading music. I look at my bb the same way. If surf the net (outside of the forums) about an hour a week. Even when I had an iPhone and Android, I didn't do much web browsing. What I care about the most; having a keyboard that is easy to use, a screen that I can see easily (even in sunlight), and something that will meet my messaging needs. I'm not high tech, but I do know what I want and what works and bbs just work - for me.
    04-26-10 08:37 PM
    Get the droid and you'll live the same thing. You'll feel your Droid outdated when Apple/RIM/Google will release new phone. That a law of the techno world!
    04-26-10 08:37 PM
    First off I never bashed blackberrys at all. Like I said in my original post, I love my blackberry and have been faithful for a while now. I did my research and the 8330 is probably one of the best reviewed bb's out on the market. As for verizon, that too is probably the best service. I'm in northern NJ - I've had t-mobile and it was terrible. My friends have at&t and they have terrible service. Verizon is probably the best service I've come across. I will never get off verizon. Now, look at my options for BB.. 8330, storm 2, tour, and new curve. New curve I am not a fan of. No flash and it just feels cheap and budget. Tour? Over a year old and what up does it have over my 8330? Better OS/looks? Not worth getting currently. Storm2? I've read and seen too many problems with touch screen bbs. So, I'll take my 8330 over any of the current bb's on verizon. As for whatever verizon is coming out with(rumors are a tour2) who knows when that'll be. And that is true, technology always updates and things get outdated quickly but I really don't see the current droid and the new droid being outdated for a long while. I love my bb, I just wish they would get rid of this exclusive models to certain services. 9700 would be amazing but I wouldn't sacrifice my phone service. All in all, I love my bb but just wish things COULD be better.
    04-26-10 08:48 PM
    I look at it this way, the BlackBerry is like a Mercedes Benz and the Droid is like some sort of rice burner.

Some people are always going to be attracted / distracted by glitz and artifice, whilst others just want something that's proven and been right for a very long time. RIM has a solid history of efficient and reliable products that last for ages; I've got a 7290 here still going strong.

What is important to me and I'm sure many others is who I am in contact with, and the content of the message. I don't need to turn a phone on and gaze into the screen or app store to feel at peace with myself because I'll probably be cracking on with actually putting the thing to work. I just want the phone to go from email to sms to phone to mms to camera to 'docs to go' to wordpress and back all day long. What the screen looks like is not important, but how much work I've got at the end of the day is.

The BB has a crystal clear speaker (which I use to record many phone calls with for interviews), massive battery life and seems to be able to pull data out of thin air whilst iPhones and Nokias are reduced to voice calls and SMS (I do a bit of travelling to remote places). Then of course it's very easy to type on and really does multi task. These are real functions that make the phone invaluable to me.

Mike Lazaridis said in his recent speech that RIMs innovation will not be in areas like UI and I guess keeping up with the smart phone race; the BB is 'sorted' in its functionality. They're getting into using the BB to control functions in the car and home and machinery at work - I think that's really cool but then perhaps I'm not very adventurous hehe.

After a couple of months with any new electronic device the sheen wears off and you don't see the bells and whistles any more and then you need your new fix - that is unless the device is growing with you by allowing you to progress at work rather than distracting you from it.
    04-26-10 08:53 PM
    First off I never bashed blackberrys at all. Like I said in my original post, I love my blackberry and have been faithful for a while now. I did my research and the 8330 is probably one of the best reviewed bb's out on the market. As for verizon, that too is probably the best service. I'm in northern NJ - I've had t-mobile and it was terrible. My friends have at&t and they have terrible service. Verizon is probably the best service I've come across. I will never get off verizon. Now, look at my options for BB.. 8330, storm 2, tour, and new curve. New curve I am not a fan of. No flash and it just feels cheap and budget. Tour? Over a year old and what up does it have over my 8330? Better OS/looks? Not worth getting currently. Storm2? I've read and seen too many problems with touch screen bbs. So, I'll take my 8330 over any of the current bb's on verizon. As for whatever verizon is coming out with(rumors are a tour2) who knows when that'll be. And that is true, technology always updates and things get outdated quickly but I really don't see the current droid and the new droid being outdated for a long while. I love my bb, I just wish they would get rid of this exclusive models to certain services. 9700 would be amazing but I wouldn't sacrifice my phone service. All in all, I love my bb but just wish things COULD be better.
    New 9650 should be out soon and will probably be upgradable to os 6 later this year. You'll probably be happy with it.
    04-26-10 08:54 PM
    I look at it this way, the BlackBerry is like a Mercedes Benz and the Droid is like some sort of rice burner.

Some people are always going to be attracted / distracted by glitz and artifice, whilst others just want something that's proven and been right for a very long time. RIM has a solid history of efficient and reliable products that last for ages; I've got a 7290 here still going strong.

What is important to me and I'm sure many others is who I am in contact with, and the content of the message. I don't need to turn a phone on and gaze into the screen or app store to feel at peace with myself because I'll probably be cracking on with actually putting the thing to work. I just want the phone to go from email to sms to phone to mms to camera to 'docs to go' to wordpress and back all day long. What the screen looks like is not important, but how much work I've got at the end of the day is.

The BB has a crystal clear speaker (which I use to record many phone calls with for interviews), massive battery life and seems to be able to pull data out of thin air whilst iPhones and Nokias are reduced to voice calls and SMS (I do a bit of travelling to remote places). Then of course it's very easy to type on and really does multi task. These are real functions that make the phone invaluable to me.

Mike Lazaridis said in his recent speech that RIMs innovation will not be in areas like UI and I guess keeping up with the smart phone race; the BB is 'sorted' in its functionality. They're getting into using the BB to control functions in the car and home and machinery at work - I think that's really cool but then perhaps I'm not very adventurous hehe.

After a couple of months with any new electronic device the sheen wears off and you don't see the bells and whistles any more and then you need your new fix - that is unless the device is growing with you by allowing you to progress at work rather than distracting you from it.
    And this is the reason why I don't agree/read 50% of the stuff on this site anymore. People can't accept that BB's are losing their edge.
    04-26-10 08:59 PM
    And this is the reason why I don't agree/read 50% of the stuff on this site anymore. People can't accept that BB's are losing their edge.
    Do you not realize that other people have different opinions? You cannot expect everyone to agree with you.
    04-26-10 09:08 PM
    And what I was trying to say but obviously failed is that BBs never had an edge in the first place.

What do you want an 'edge' for? I don't need an electronic device to describe me as a person. It's a tool for getting things done, it does them well, and it'll carry on doing it well no matter what's going on over the fence.

If you don't get the grin any more I'm not arguing that, but my point is it's not the phone that makes me happy but the work I get done on it.
    04-26-10 09:09 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD