Hi there - I have ended up with 15 entries in my BB Calendar, and 265 in my Outlook (don't ask) - when I try to sync, it wants to delete the 265, and add the 15 - however, I want all 280 (265+15) to appear on both devices - any ideas?
    05-26-09 12:11 AM
    Make sure that you are doing a two way sync, that happened to me also and that solved the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 12:35 AM
    I am doing a 2 way, but the software has decided the 15 items are newer than the 165, and so it tries to delete the 165. Is there no way to force it to take all the items on the.1 side and add them to the other side?

05-26-09 12:59 AM
    I'm not a sync expert (on BES) but could you manually enter the 15 to Outlook then do a one-time one-way sync from Outlook to the device, then resume two-way synching?

05-26-09 05:47 AM
    There should be an option for ReSync on the screen where it is telling you what the changes are. Use that. It will combine both sets of data.
    05-26-09 08:08 AM
    When I've done syncs it will say deleting xx entries and adding xx new entries. I believe it deletes all the old entries and then lays down the new set, including the existing... so... it does delete, but then it also puts em right back.
    05-26-09 08:24 AM
    There should be an option for ReSync on the screen where it is telling you what the changes are. Use that. It will combine both sets of data.
    I wondered about this "resync" option, but didn't want to try it in case it messed up my calendar. Can anyone inform us what the exact definition/functionality of the "resync" button is? I can't find it in any RIM documentation?

05-29-09 01:07 AM
    Resync will take both sets of data and merge them. The bad news is if you had a legitimate deleted event, you will need to delete it again. Occasionally if enough info has been changed about an event, it may duplicate.
    05-29-09 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD