I am very dissapointed to know that I can not upgrade my blackberry OS on a mac. All I own is mac's. But I got to thinking the sidekick and G1 use OTA updates. Do you all think we can see, or do you hope to see, OTA updates in the future? One of my favorite features of the Iphone is its ability to sync address book OTA. Thats another feature I would love to see blackberry get. Having contacts on multiple devices and computers can be a mess. What are yal thoughts?
    02-07-09 12:44 AM
    Does not necessarily need to be OTA but I think they need to make mac and linux (deb-debian and rpm-redhat based) full version similar to windows or atleast just an add/remove setup that updates the OS similar to the way the Berry application does for windows. Does not even have to be a full app for mac or linux, maybe just a software updater mini app that auto installs through the exe or dmg or deb/rpm file they provide. I think they could atleast make a updater app independently by itself to update the blackberry. I see them def being able to do that.
    02-07-09 12:52 AM
    The recent OS's released for the Bold have a new option "Wireless Update" - Options / Advanced Options / Wireless Update.

This is not offering any updates when selected but rather seems to be something added to the OS for future useability / function.

It is written there that it consists of three steps: requesting software; downloading software, and then updating the software on your BlackBerry device.

Would be great if this is truly forthcoming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 01:03 AM
    Does not necessarily need to be OTA but I think they need to make mac and linux (deb-debian and rpm-redhat based) full version similar to windows or atleast just an add/remove setup that updates the OS similar to the way the Berry application does for windows. Does not even have to be a full app for mac or linux, maybe just a software updater mini app that auto installs through the exe or dmg or deb/rpm file they provide. I think they could atleast make a updater app independently by itself to update the blackberry. I see them def being able to do that.
    I agree. I use Windows PC's, but I think in this day and age you have to be flexible and diverce as to what operating system people are using on their PC or Mac, or whatever. I don't think that a OS upgrade OTA is a viable option at this time... the OS program is pretty big, way to big to be a viable OTA option in my opinion. You've got to remember, it does control every function of your device... The should make some sort of BB application for Mac that will allow you to upgrade your OS and backup your information. Especially with the popularity Apple has generated as of late...
    02-07-09 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD