UPDATE: JUNE 5, 2010
    I did not feel like buying a new blackberry tour2 "BOLD" 9650 when it was released. Doing these simple changes made my blackberry tour work excellent and functions great. I will certainly buy the next blackberry if it has the 6.0 OS.

Paid Theme
    OS 6 v2.6 by WJD Designs $2.99 on Crackberry Store
    This is the only paid theme I have ever bought. I think it improves everything. I tried several free Themes some were good but this theme boosted my blackberry tour user experience and its super fast! I highly recommend this theme. Well worth the $2.99 its like having a whole new blackberry.

Paid Apps
    Tether $19.99 purchased on sale Regular Price $49.99
    tether allows you to use your berry as a modem and use the internet on you cpu
    SmrtGaurd $22.49 purchased on sale here on Crackberry Regular Price $44.99 for 1 year
    if you care about your info not getting into the wrong hands if you loose your phone get this app
    BuzzMe Pro $2.99
    customize LED alerts
    Scanner Radio $4.99
    I love this one it is a police emergency scanner and I think its well worth it
    WeatherBug Elite $4.99 (only buy if you want push alerts the free version is just as good)
    accurate weather according to your current location. NO LONGER CAN USE THIS APP. Something was wrong with my old bb 9630 when I received my new PIN they wont reactivate it. Got BeWeather as the replacement.
    iBeWeather $9.99
    very nice weather app very customizable, does not have push alerts but works great
    iBearBrain2 $3.99
    brain exercise app/game
    Drug Lord Wars $2.99 purchased on sale $4.99 regular price
    strategy game
    QuickLaunch $4.99
    short cuts for bb functions apps and internet

Free Apps
    Poynt
    excellent for fast info, locally or while traveling
    Google Voice
    excellent voice mail sends text/email with your voice mail or listen to your VM
    PayPal
    sales or payment accept credit cards on the go
    Seesmic
    perfect twitter app
    facebook
    convenient for keeping in touch on facebook
    myspace
    convenient for keeping in touch on myspace
    Flickr
    photo albums online
    Twitter
    blackberry twitter app
    UberTwitter
    twitter app
    Capture It
    screen pics of your blackberry
    Olive Tree Bible Reader
    Holy Bible different translations plus excellent study guides
    Dictionary
    dictionary and thesaurus
    Pandora
    great music streaming

So what do you think of all my apps?
    Any apps that you recommend?
    How is the new look of my blackberry tour 9630?

*thumbnail pics are no longer the way my tour looks. Got rid of the decals they looked horrible after a week.
    Last edited by dj2big; 06-05-10 at 03:06 AM. Reason: updates to my tour and changes
    01-25-10 08:17 PM
    very nice looks great im not a huge app user as of yet ! but looks great!!!
    01-25-10 08:20 PM
    You could install Whatsapp (friend finder) and Aloqa (venue finder)
    01-25-10 08:27 PM
    Love DecalGirl, love ur new skin, almost bought that same one but got "Moon Tree" instead.
    01-25-10 08:30 PM
    post up some pics i was just looking at that one for next month LOL
    01-25-10 08:40 PM
    That's nice....
    01-25-10 08:46 PM
    where did you find the police scanner app?
    01-26-10 12:51 AM
    where did you find the police scanner app?
    Originally I purchased it directly from bbscanner.com you can get ScannerRadio appworld now also. Its great to have.
    Last edited by dj2big; 01-26-10 at 04:18 PM.
    01-26-10 02:14 AM
    This is a great post. Good advice for those like me that waste money buying new devices all the time trying to keep it new. What you did is make your BB your own. That is smart and cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 03:10 AM
    that's awesome man
    01-26-10 04:02 AM
    i should bedazzle the berry LOL
    01-29-10 10:39 AM
    Thanks for the site.
    Just bought the "Rock this town skin".
    01-29-10 11:56 AM
    With the scanner app can you put in your own frequencies or is like it pre loaded ones you can choose from to listen to?

01-29-10 11:58 AM
    Wow!! Your bb looks awesome.

01-29-10 12:57 PM
    I am happy to announce my blackberry is back to the original black with no skin. Skin looks cool but it looses the natural feel of the blackberry. The skin also starts to peel on its own.
    05-12-10 12:45 PM
    I have had my blackberry tour 9630 since august before I had the blackberry javelin 8900 from january 09 till august 09. I guess you can say I got bored thats why I purchased the blackberry tour 9630. I am getting bored again. This time I decided to try to recycle and make my blackberry tour feel and look new. I started by loading up my bb with apps. Some functional and some for entertainment.

Paid Apps
    Tether $19.99 purchased on sale Regular Price $49.99
    tether allows you to use your berry as a modem and use the internet on you cpu
    BuzzMe Pro $2.99
    customize LED alerts
    Scanner Radio $4.99
    I love this one it is a police emergency scanner and I think its well worth it
    WeatherBug Elite $4.99 (only buy if you want push alerts the free version is just as good)
    accurate weather according to your current location
    iBearBrain2 $3.99
    brain exercise app/game
    Drug Lord Wars $2.99 purchased on sale $4.99 regular price
    strategy game
    QuickLaunch $4.99
    short cuts for bb functions apps and internet

Free Apps
    Poynt
    excellent for fast info, locally or while traveling
    BuddyGaurd
    if you loose your phone you text it a command to wipe out the phone
    Google Sync
    backs up your contacts, works with gmail and google voice
    Google Voice
    excellent voice mail sends text/email with your voice mail or listen to your VM
    Google Mobile App
    quick web search
    Google Maps
    works good with google mobile app when searching for businesses
    NimBuzz
    IM application that works with facebok myspace msn yahoo aol aim etc.
    PayPal
    sales or payment accept credit cards on the go
    BlackPing
    works with ping.fm for updating your blog status on all social networks at once
    Seesmic
    perfect twitter app
    facebook
    convenient for keeping in touch on facebook
    myspace
    convenient for keeping in touch on myspace
    Flickr
    photo albums online
    Capture It
    screen pics of your blackberry
    Bible (YouVersion)
    Holy Bible different translations plus excellent study guides
    Dictionary
    dictionary and thesaurus
    Pandora
    great music streaming

After all of that I found the perfect theme that worked for me BlackBerry Bliss
    A member from crackberry designed and gave it away for free in the theme section.

I wanted to have my OEM case replaced to an all white, but I did not want to sacrifice my warranty.
    I decided to buy a skin from DecalGirl.com and it came with a wallpaper to give it a full artwork look.
    I thought it kinda looked like ed hardy artwork.

Attachment 52818

Attachment 52806

Attachment 52805

Attachment 52804

It feels and functions like a brand new blackberry and doing this made sense to me. I do not feel like buying a new blackberry tour2 9650 when it's released. I will certainly wait for the next one. After all my blackberry tour 9630 is working perfectly without any problems. Once the new 5.0 Sprint official release comes out there will be not much difference to a brand new blackberry.

So what do you think of all my apps?
    Any apps that you recommend?
    How is the new look of my blackberry tour 9630?
    ( BuddyGaurd
    if you loose your phone you text it a command to wipe out the phone
    )
    Hmmm how would you text your phone to wipe if you are not near a pc or someone that has phone so you can perform this?
    05-12-10 10:20 PM
    That's great work! But on the functionality since of it... with all those apps, is it still running fast?

If it is, you got one he_ll of a Tour!
    05-12-10 10:26 PM
    WOW, good job
    05-12-10 10:36 PM
    Looks good, i usually on a monthly or so basis, comb through the apps i have and delete things i have not used in about a week or so. Then a reboot and the phone usually feels new. Esp now that i have the .624 os from sprint. The tour runs like greased rabbit turds now.
    05-13-10 08:27 AM
    I just went and bought a skin (white tiger) from Decalgirl skins after reading this thread and seeing your skin, hope mine has a better life
    05-13-10 08:54 AM
    love the way the case matches the theme!!!
    05-13-10 09:07 AM
    updates to my tour and recent changes
    read everything on the first page
    my tour is running super fast
    06-05-10 03:07 AM
    I bought a case off ebay for around �13 for my 8900 and its looks brand new..... and better!!

pics here
    06-05-10 09:16 AM
    Out of the box, BlackBerry smartphones are amazing and valuable devices. Doing little things like personalizing it with art makes it that much better. I also like to add functionality to it with quality and useful apps. I'm getting a 16 GB media card so I can dump all of my favorite movies, music, and pictures on it. I will also be buying an extended battery (1700 mah that fits in the original space with the OEM battery cover) to improve my already great battery life. It makes an already great device that much better. Beats going out to get a new device all the time.

06-05-10 01:06 PM
    Out of the box, BlackBerry smartphones are amazing and valuable devices. Doing little things like personalizing it with art makes it that much better. I also like to add functionality to it with quality and useful apps. I'm getting a 16 GB media card so I can dump all of my favorite movies, music, and pictures on it. I will also be buying an extended battery (1700 mah that fits in the original space with the OEM battery cover) to improve my already great battery life. It makes an already great device that much better. Beats going out to get a new device all the time.

I want a 32g im holding out till prices come way down
    06-05-10 01:24 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD