I'll take the curve as a specific but.......
    It boggles my mind that there is no decent holster case for the blackberry curve. Yes blackberry offers one but it shows a bizarre sense of ergonomics. My main objection to blackberry's latched holster case is the device faces outward. So to take the device out of the case open latch, I have to show everyone the front, flip the device and then start using it. What was the use case here. UI also have to hope that if I bump into anyone or anything I don't hit the screen.

The case looked like its designed for people who keep it in the case all day and wear it only to transport it.

What the curve needs is a holster or vertical case that:

1. Allows the blackberry to face inward
    2. Has the oem sleep function with the magnet
    3. Does not require a rubberier damaging top clip to hold it in place
    4. Does not require putting a skin around the device to protect it from the holster
    5. Latch optional

Id be happy with a blackberry pocket(what it comes with) with holster and magnet
    Last edited by jkannry; 07-10-08 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Typo
    07-10-08 01:36 PM
    What are you talking about? I've used both a Curve and 88xx series with OEM holsters and I always put mine in with the screen facing inwards. The case is made to work with the BB in both ways. Try it... it will work. If it doesn't, then your POS case is not OEM.
    07-10-08 01:42 PM
    What are you talking about? I've used both a Curve and 88xx series with OEM holsters and I always put mine in with the screen facing inwards. The case is made to work with the BB in both ways. Try it... it will work. If it doesn't, then your POS case is not OEM.
    I laughed out loud at the last part... and I totally agree...

it is a "reversible" case!!
    07-10-08 01:44 PM
    I just tried this with all 3 cases I have. (2 leather and a modified Speck Clear Case) I put the Curve in backwards and it went
    into stanby in each.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-10-08 at 01:47 PM.
    07-10-08 01:45 PM
    I'll take the curve as a specific but.......
    It boggles my mind that there is no decent holster case for the blackberry curve. Yes blackberry offers one but it shows a bizarre sense of ergonomics. My main objection to blackberry's latched holster case is the device faces outward. So to take the device out of the case open latch, I have to show everyone the front, flip the device and then start using it. What was the use case here. UI also have to hope that if I bump into anyone or anything I don't hit the screen.

The case looked like its designed for people who keep it in the case all day and wear it only to transport it.

What the curve needs is a holster or vertical case that:

1. Allows the blackberry to face inward
    2. Has the oem sleep function with the magnet
    3. Does not require a rubberier damaging top clip to hold it in place
    4. Does not require putting a skin around the device to protect it from the holster
    5. Latch optional

Id be happy with a blackberry pocket(what it comes with) with holster and magnet

My god didn't you just post this EXACT post under a different title a min before this one? Your wasting thread space. Besides that dude it works boths ways. It doesn't matter.
    07-10-08 01:49 PM
    The front of the case has a groove for the trackball on the curve. The front of the case a little bit harder. It can be reversed yes if you don't mind the trackball being pressed in a little each time you put the device in. Most of us have reversed it out of necessity and not design.
    07-10-08 01:52 PM
    The front of the case has a groove for the trackball on the curve.
    The back of the case has the same groove in it.

I'm staring at two cases right now. One's for an 83xx and the other for the 88xx. Both have trackball channels in the front and back.
    07-10-08 01:56 PM
    Mea culpa. The simple things get me. I can resucitate a dead blackberry nut realizing grooves on both sides but no. No one I knew could answer because so transparent.
    Also explains why now th�t felt grooves why blackberry lines up with case so much better especially now that aware of.

And for those of you who can't sto laughing, wh�t sent me down this path was blackberry pocket had groove on one side or so I thought

Sorry again guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 02:36 PM
    Mea culpa. The simple things get me. I can resucitate a dead blackberry nut realizing grooves on both sides but no. No one I knew could answer because so transparent.
    Also explains why now th�t felt grooves why blackberry lines up with case so much better especially now that aware of.

And for those of you who can't sto laughing, wh�t sent me down this path was blackberry pocket had groove on one side or so I thought

Sorry again guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    After trying to read and comprehend this post, Ive come to the conclusion that I feel like I just ate a few hits of acid and have no idea wtf your trying to say
    07-10-08 02:56 PM
    SInce I've gotten my Curve (about a year ago) I've had it in the OEM case facing frontwards and it seems to have worn the black inside material down to a grey color... And it screws up my screen protector if I keep placing it in that way. So, I've recently switched it backwards.

But, works perfect both ways
    07-10-08 03:00 PM
    After trying to read and comprehend this post, Ive come to the conclusion that I feel like I just ate a few hits of acid and have no idea wtf your trying to say
    BWAAAHAAAA!!!! I agree!
    07-10-08 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD