I really couldve picked a few different forums here, but I chose general discussion.

I have a website, that is simple by design, and small-time at best. I would love to be able to offer a BlackBerry friendly version of the site but I don't know anything about writing code, and I mean at all. I never could really learn code of any kind, I even struggled with and gave up on BASIC (and pathetic or not I'm not ashamed to admit it).
    So then, I roll with the WYSIWYG editors, I use iWeb at present though I may be switching to SiteBuilder as its far more expansive and iWeb is now dead meat anyway.

Is there perhaps a tool or set of tools that I can use to set up my site to recognize a BlackBerry upon loading and load BB friendly pages instead of the regular ones? If this is too complicated to answer then just tell me so, but I wish to avoid making a wordpress site because I don't want my homesite and associated pages all to look like one big blog.

I'm grateful for any advice or direction anyone could offer. Thanks all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-11 01:27 PM
    It's been years since I've used it, but Adobe Dreamweaver allows you to create sites through a WYSIWYG interface and allows you to define your minimum target browser. If you select mobile, it's going to assume that you can only use simple controls (which can be rendered in any browser or will allow you to use more complex controls that will degrage smoothly to simple controls if a lower-level browser is detected. I'm pretty sure that they have a 30 or 60-day trial version to see if it fits your needs.
    07-11-11 01:56 PM
    I hope they make one for ppc macs. At any rate, thanks.

07-12-11 12:10 AM
    I hope they make one for ppc macs. At any rate, thanks.

That is highly doubtful. Apple discontinued the PowerPC Macs in 2006, so those are ancient at this point in time.
    07-12-11 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD