So, I unfortunately had to (momentarily) hold off with having a Blackberry phone. I had the 9900 and loved it but, to make a long story short, a Samsung Galaxy S3 is my current phone.

But I have spent many a night missing my Bold, but alas, I cannot go back. Maybe when BB10 with a keyboard comes out...

But for now, my question is, how can I get the S3 to 'feel' more like the Bold? (by way of apps, organizing it, etc.).

And yes, I know I know, nothing can replace a BB, I'm simply looking to get as close as possible. Suggestions?
    08-29-12 01:05 PM
    Remove front and back, take a hacksaw and cut it down to a manageable size, then fit a Blackberry bold housing. Robert is your fathers brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-29-12 01:09 PM
    can i ask one thing - how can you financially be able to afford an S3 and not a bold?
    08-29-12 01:10 PM
    can i ask one thing - how can you financially be able to afford an S3 and not a bold?
    I never said I financially couldn't, but the reasons where more of the 'get an S3 because a family member could help out with the financing, or finance the 9900 entirely by myself'.

Going the S3 route allowed me to have a Playbook. And I couldn't pass up the above mentioned deal.
    vistate1 likes this.
    08-29-12 01:15 PM
    So, I have spent many a night missing my Bold, but alas, I cannot go back.

But for now, my question is, how can I get the S3 to 'feel' more like the Bold? (by way of apps, organizing it, etc.).

And yes, I know I know, nothing can replace a BB, I'm simply looking to get as close as possible. Suggestions?
    It seem you have found something after all.
    08-29-12 01:18 PM
    I never said I financially couldn't, but the reasons where more of the 'get an S3 because a family member could help out with the financing, or finance the 9900 entirely by myself'.

Going the S3 route allowed me to have a Playbook. And I couldn't pass up the above mentioned deal.
    oh ok lol.

ya that read well. sorry i cant help you makin it feel like a bold. best of luck tho.
    08-29-12 01:23 PM
    It seem you have found something after all.
    Come on, people, work with me...
    08-29-12 01:23 PM
    what doesnt your S3 do to your liking? kinda hard to answer your questions with the little info you have giving. Honesty you need to use the S3 and try NOT to think of it like a BB. You will get way more out of it that way then stuck in the mind set of how to make this like a keyboard BB
    08-29-12 01:33 PM
    The other thing you could do is sell the s3 and put that money towards a bold..and not tell your relative.
    08-29-12 01:41 PM
    The S3 is a nice device too, but if you keep trying to use it like a BlackBerry and expect it to be a BlackBerry, you're gonna have a bad time (meme pun intended).

If, you really miss your Bold, why not sell the S3, get a Bold, and save up the rest for a BB10? At least that's what I would've done. But if you haven't done that, perhaps there are things that you like on the S3 as well?

If you were to ask me, I would say a lot about the BB experience is with BIS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Alex_Hong; 08-29-12 at 01:47 PM.
    08-29-12 01:45 PM
    You should look in the "Other Platforms" section for the android forum. You will find a lot of tips and tricks in there.

Like Howermat said, more information is needed to help you do what you want it to do. An android is able to be highly customized to your exact liking.
    08-29-12 04:20 PM
    #1 suggestion from someone that went from a Bold to a Droid Razr maxx..

Don't settle for the crappy stock email app or the Gmail one. Get k9. Customize it.

#2. Install whatsapp. Get some of your contacts to as well. It's pretty nice and feels like using BBM.

I mean there is no replacement for the keyboard. Counting on bb10 for that. But for me my blackberry is all about email and messaging. So these two things help a lot.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    Last edited by southlander; 08-29-12 at 04:43 PM.
    08-29-12 04:33 PM
    what doesnt your S3 do to your liking? ...Honesty you need to use the S3 and try NOT to think of it like a BB.
    The S3 is actually a nice phone that I am enjoying. It could be the feel of the apps/messaging/email programs on the Blackberry.

But if you haven't done that, perhaps there are things that you like on the S3 as well?
    There definitely are a few points that I like about the S3 (and majority probably boil down to the screen size). Also, camera is a huge plus on the S3.

I think I'd ultimately like to make the S3 feel more like a business phone instead of a playtoy (or something to that extent). That K9 app for email seems to be interesting, I'll give it a go, as well as checking out that other forum. I'm surprised I overlooked it in the list of forums on CB
    08-30-12 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD