This might seem like a strange question, but I'm trying to figure this thing out.

I've been trying feverishly to get the standard Verizon theme on my T-Mobile branded BlackBerry Pearl 8100. I had a kind soul send me the .cod file for the theme, but he didn't know how I could go about actually loading the theme onto my device.

And that's where I've run into problems.

I am aware that the vendor themes are already loaded onto each BB device; the problem here is that the Verizon theme isn't loaded onto my device, and the newest legitimate update (4.2.1.107) doesn't have it, either. I downloaded and tried the beta 4.3 software, and while the theme was there to be used, there were simply too many other issues with the phone to stay with that OS version.

There's got to be a way to accomplish this; I've gone so far as to write my own .alx file to try and load the theme, but the Desktop Manager just tells me there's nothing new to add when I try and load it, and it goes nowhere.

Does anyone have some insight on how I might be able to accomplish this? I am dying to get this theme (and I don't know why, honestly...I just love the icons) onto my Pearl, but I can't sacrifice reliability to just run the beta OS. Can someone help a brotha out over here?!?
    03-12-08 06:29 PM
    Did you already try the steps in John Clark's thread for unlocking vendor themes?
    03-12-08 07:12 PM
    Yep, already tried it. The theme isn't already in this firmware, so I need to add it. I even added the info into blackberry.alx manually, then tried syncing the .cod file into the java folder.

Nothing I do seems to work. How hard can it be to add a theme this way? LoL...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 08:02 PM
    is the cod file on your computer or your phone...because if you can get it onto your desktop you can save it and open it..then you have to extract all files and it will give you an .alx file..then just plug your phone into your desktop and open your desktop mananger..then use add applications or manage software...then hit add and find the file...then send it straight to your phone...hope it works for you
    01-09-09 01:11 AM
    I want to know how to do that
    like how to extract a alx file from the cod file or a jad file
    im dyin to get some themes on my storm
    and i can install via OTA cause i dont hav data
    12-11-09 05:37 PM
    Here's an example of an alx file - it is pure text. Just substitute your info specifically the filename - the rest of the data can be anything.

<loader version="2008.09.10.0120">
    <application id="Aquaticus" _blackberryVersion="[4.2.1,)">
    <name>Aquaticus</name>
    <description></description>
    <version>2008.09.10.0120</version>
    <vendor>Plazmic Inc.</vendor>
    <copyright>Copyright (c) 2001-2008 Plazmic Inc. All Rights Reserved.</copyright>
    <fileset Java="1.0">
    <files>
    com_plazmic_theme_Aquaticus.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    </application>
    </loader>

----------------

Or you can use BBSAK to manually load cod files from your computer over usb cord.
    12-11-09 10:33 PM
    this helped me out alot! thanks
    03-12-10 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD