I had the worst situation with my Bold 9650's GPS in Houston, TX today.

I spoke with Verizon (unhelpful) and RIM (completely useless), and neither could provide concrete reasons for the issues. The only "solution" was to re-install the OS (gee, that's a great idea).

I can get an aGPS assist (400m-2600m), but "true" GPS (20m-5m) is real spotty.
    12-08-10 09:31 PM
    Don't waste your time reinstalling the OS. Was today an anomaly, or has it never worked? If it was a transient problem, you'll probably never figure it out. If it has never worked, there are steps to take to diagnose the problem and either solve it or prove you have defective hardware and a warranty claim.
    12-08-10 09:41 PM
    Don't waste your time reinstalling the OS. Was today an anomaly, or has it never worked? If it was a transient problem, you'll probably never figure it out. If it has never worked, there are steps to take to diagnose the problem and either solve it or prove you have defective hardware and a warranty claim.
    Agreed, I periodically have a situation with my GPS where it seems to loose its mind. I live in the Austin, TX area and occasionally my GPS will BeWeather will not be able to locate where I am, it has given me readings for Salinas, Kansas, other areas of TX, Albuquerque, NM, etc. The solution that I have employed is to do a battery pull, after which the GPS seems to work fine. You might try a battery pull if you have not done one and see if the problem clears up.
    12-08-10 10:10 PM
    do you have vlingo installed on the device?
    12-09-10 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD