I want to sync my BB and gmail contacts but they are both, put simply, a MESS. I'm wondering what's the best way to go about this. My thoughts were:

(1) sync with gmail, edit everything in gmail, wipe the BB and sync again with gmail to load the new, squeaky clean contacts list

(2) fix BB and gmail lists separately, sync, and merge duplicates

Which of these sounds better, or is there a third option?

ETA: If I want to keep gmail contacts from syncing to the BB, is there a way to prevent this apart from deleting the contact? For example, a customer service email from a company I only did business with once. The app doesn't appear to have any setting for only syncing certain groups of contacts.
    Last edited by scatterbrain; 04-11-12 at 10:37 PM.
    04-11-12 10:25 PM
    given those to options I would go with editing everything in gmail,

though really I would export your BlackBerry contacts to Windows Address Book

I would then export Windows Address Book to an Excel file, and I would manage all the contacts from there, then upload that to Windows Address Book, and sync back to the Fresh BlackBerry, then have BlackBerry sync to a cleaned out gmail
    04-11-12 10:32 PM
    Since gmail can export and import .csv files, I can export them both and combine them in Excel, correct? And then export the finished file to both, or to one and then sync. Yes?
    04-11-12 11:12 PM
    Since gmail can export and import .csv files, I can export them both and combine them in Excel, correct? And then export the finished file to both, or to one and then sync. Yes?

MAYBE, yes, depends on gmail mapping

I've never been successful with gmail mapping, but I have been with Windows Address book, and Outlook
    04-11-12 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD