Hi, everyone-

I'm making some changes, and wondering what I can do to alleviate any problems when making there major changes. As an FYI, I own the business so I can make any tweaks that are needed.

Here's the list of what I'm doing:

1. Upgrading from Bold 9000 to Bold 9700.
    Potential issue: I'm changing numbers.
    2. Going from BIS to BES (and hosted Entourage/Exchange solution).
    3. Going from PC to Mac.

What is going to be the preferred way to go about setting everything up? How do I transfer all the apps to the new phone, and does the new number cause any problems?

I'm thinking I'll go in this order:

1. Back up Bold 9000 on the PC.
    2. Set up email on Mac.
    3. Set up email on Bold 9700.
    4. Sync w/ BB DM on PC via device switch manager.
    5. Sync w/ BB DM on Mac and backup.

Thoughts and help is appreciated!
    12-20-09 03:32 PM
    Anyone? Bueller?
    12-21-09 09:55 AM
    Your best bet would be to sync your info back to Outlook and set up the exchange. Then set up the Exchange on the Mac.

For apps, I'm always of the opinion to take the opportunity to reinstall all of the apps from scratch and config at that time. It is a lot of extra work but you get a clean setup, get the chance to remove less used programs that you haven't touched in six months, and have no nagging little issues that happen when you inadvertently transport a setting that isn't appropriate for the new phone.

Just my thoughts. Remember the 9700 uses different themes than the 9000. Some programs have different versions too.
    12-21-09 10:38 AM
    I can't help much but DM 5.0 has an option for switching devices. It has a wizard that helps you move your data/apps from a device to another.
    12-21-09 12:19 PM
    I can't help much but DM 5.0 has an option for switching devices. It has a wizard that helps you move your data/apps from a device to another.
    That is the quickest way to transfer all info from one device to another, people will not know you switched devices, you don't even have to re-add BlackBerry Messenger contacts, everything just transfers over. Use the Device Switch Wizard in Desktop Manager to accomplish this. Use the Desktop Manager CD that came with the new device...
    12-21-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD